General Is this the twilight of democracy?

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
WASHINGTON — The Biden administration accused Moscow on Friday of sending saboteurs into eastern Ukraine to stage an incident that could provide President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia with a pretext for ordering an invasion of parts or all of the country.
The White House did not release details of the evidence it had collected to back up its charge, though one official said it was a mix of intercepted communications and observations of the movements of people. In an email, a U.S. official wrote that “Russia is laying the groundwork to have the option of fabricating a pretext for invasion, including through sabotage activities and information operations, by accusing Ukraine of preparing an imminent attack against Russian forces in eastern Ukraine.”
John F. Kirby, the Pentagon spokesman, called the intelligence about the operation “very credible” when asked about it at a Pentagon briefing on Friday.
Video
Is this the fabricated ‘very credible’ US groundwork for a pre-emptive move to stop the Russia aggression… 🙄

After the Iraq weapons of mass destruction, the US has no credibility…

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The usual unsubstantiated shit. As Ukraine is breaking the ceasefire pretty much every day by shelling civilian targets in East Ukraine and will not engage in talks that were required in the Minsk agreements in 2014. What more provocation would Putin need.

How moving troops and equipment into countries bordering Russia is a purely defensive move (NATO and US), and Russia moving troops within it's own borders is aggressive seems a bit back to front.

Senator Ted Cruz wants to sanction the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, to stop it being commissioned into operation because Russia will use it as a weapon against Europe. First off it will be the Germans punished with a lack of gas, Russia has other lines into Europe. Secondly Russia has never with held gas from customers, even when they don't pay (Ukraine).

All this shit is about weapons contractors selling their wares into Eastern Europe. Except the merkin taxpayer is paying for them

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
After the Iraq weapons of mass destruction, the US has no credibility…
Just Iraq?

How about the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

In August 1964, the United States entered the Vietnam War after reports of an unprovoked attack in the Gulf of Tonkin. But the reports were false — and the president knew it. ... It was as close to a declaration of war that the Johnson administration would ever get. But it was based on a lie.

The North Vietnames Vietnamese government issued specific orders to their Navy NOT to engage the Merkins....it didn't matter...the Merkins accused them of doing it anyway.

When it comes to foreign relations, the Merkins are like a bull in a china shop.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The merkins have very little knowledge or care outside their borders. Their Secretary of Defence recently said in a news conference that he hoped the Soviet Union would not invade Ukraine. That is just ignorance.

That guy is General Lloyd Austin, sounds like he came from the army right. Actually after he left the army he joined the board at Raytheon industries, they make the cruise missiles. That sort of thing happens quite a lot.

The merkin military is, and always has been, used to further corporate interests.

Smedley Butler on Interventionism​

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The merkins have very little knowledge or care outside their borders. Their Secretary of Defence recently said in a news conference that he hoped the Soviet Union would not invade Ukraine. That is just ignorance.

That guy is General Lloyd Austin, sounds like he came from the army right. Actually after he left the army he joined the board at Raytheon industries, they make the cruise missiles. That sort of thing happens quite a lot.

The merkin military is, and always has been, used to further corporate interests.

Smedley Butler on Interventionism​

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.
That was a widely held attitude in merka...isolationism. FDR could see that but could also see the danger of Nazi Germany.

So he suckered the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbour. He started that plan about 1933, the time of your article.

That had the young fellas lining up at the recruitment centres, the industrialists made billions...and even though Eisenhower warned against it they never stopped.

There is a revolving door between the Pentagon and the weapons industry.

Having said all of that...and it is just my humble opinion, but if Merka had not gone into Vietnam, Thailand would have become communist, I firmly believe that, and so did Kennedy.

So by blundering in and bombing the shite out of North Vietnam, the locals got the idea that Merkins were cruel bastards not to be taken lightly.

That is about the only thing holding Putin back now.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
That was a widely held attitude in merka...isolationism. FDR could see that but could also see the danger of Nazi Germany.

So he suckered the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbour. He started that plan about 1933, the time of your article.

That had the young fellas lining up at the recruitment centres, the industrialists made billions...and even though Eisenhower warned against it they never stopped.

There is a revolving door between the Pentagon and the weapons industry.

Having said all of that...and it is just my humble opinion, but if Merka had not gone into Vietnam, Thailand would have become communist, I firmly believe that, and so did Kennedy.

So by blundering in and bombing the shite out of North Vietnam, the locals got the idea that Merkins were cruel bastards not to be taken lightly.

That is about the only thing holding Putin back now.

The old domino principal, you are probably correct, but they started that and other wars with no just cause and no consequences.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The old domino principal, you are probably correct, but they started that and other wars with no just cause and no consequences.
Thailand was a prime target. Massively wealthy with uneven sharing of the wealth, especially in the rural areas. Infiltration from communist Laos an later Cambodia. A little more than the domino theory.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Thailand was a prime target. Massively wealthy with uneven sharing of the wealth, especially in the rural areas. Infiltration from communist Laos an later Cambodia. A little more than the domino theory.
And even though the Malayan Emergency was over by the time the Yanks were full bore in Vietnam, there were still a good number of MNLA supporters in the peninsular. All the other countries in SE Asia had gained independence from colonialism earlier, Malaya last in 1957. The chinese in Malaya didn't have the numbers and weren't indigenous. Uphill road and no direct land link to China for support.

Reactions: bruce

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Was just thinking if the Merkins can get themselves out of this shite...

then I remembered they still use the imperial system...

even the Brits have gone metric...😱

the Merkins are not alone...Myanmar and Liberia are also imperial.🤔

As a nation they are just plain stupid🙄
@Bruce…. It’s because it’s their right to bear yards.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This is a lengthy must watch:

Barton Gellman is a highly respected writer for the Atlantic. He has been scarily accurate in his predictions about Trump since before the 2020 election.

Just a peek, Trumpers are blindly loyal to him and you cannot talk sense. He has tried.

They are not all stupid, many have good jobs and high ranking positions. The common denominator is people over 40 in white neighborhoods now turning brown.

This has been building for 30 years but Trump really set it alight.

He is very concerned about the future.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings