General Is this the twilight of democracy?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Just been watching the tweets and news from Merka on the Jan 6 investigation today. Just guessing but there is a statute about anybody taking part in an insurrection, amongst other penalties is banned from ever taking public office again.

The statue is not new, in fact over 100 years old, but it seems strange it is included in the drip of leaks coming out of the Jan 6 committee.

It was the subject of a news article over a year ago, before Jan 6.

If they took this to the ends, that could mean most of the GOP in Congress and the Senate would be barred from ever standing again.

That might not gut all the Trumpers, but it would make a dent in the GOP and is obviously done with intent to shut them up about the big lie.

My guess is anybody close to the action is a goner, possibly to prison.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This is scary shite man:
FIczeNFXoAUjO4Q

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
and for all you Russian lovers this was 2017.
FIczxHlUYAky-2x

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
What is wrong with wanting elations between the US and Russia to be better?, it is one of the few things Trump was right about, and due to pressure from neo cons ended up imposing more sanctions than Obama. Russiagate was shown to be a set up by the Clinton campaign. If Trump had spoken to the Israeli or British Ambassador would this shit have occurred.

The threat of Russia has been over blown, they went into Georgia after even the EU admitting Georgia started hostilities, when the threat was resolved they left. Ukraine they once again went in and then left when threats were neutralised. Crimea was about a Republic wanting to leave Ukraine. Other incursions like Syria have been at the invitation of the country.. They have two bases outside Russia, US has between 700-1000.

I do not need to list the countries the US have invaded or bombed in the same period, usually on false or bad intelligence. What is more once they are in there they never seem to leave, Afghanistan being the exception, and we saw the outcry over that. They oppose Gas pipelines into Europe from Russia yet Russia is the the third biggest supplier of oil and gas into the US.

After the fall of Communism Russia was a cot case led by a drunk Yeltsin. Since Putin took over Russia has improved immensely economically and their infrastructure and military have been modernised. They have corruption issues, but in truth the merkans can hardly point fingers there. There has been no actual proof of Putin being invoved in corruption, entirely possible but give me the proof.

They have a long way to go after so long under a failed system. The way I see it Russia at best is an emerging threat, it has the power to defend itself but historically has never been expansionist. After WW2 they turned Poland etc into buffer states to prevent another Barbarossa. It was wrong but the strategy was clear. Now there are military forces back on Russia's border. That creates deep fear and anger among Russians, not just Putin.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
After the fall of Communism Russia was a cot case led by a drunk Yeltsin. Since Putin took over Russia has improved immensely economically and their infrastructure and military have been modernised.
Mussolini got the trains to run on time and almost single handedly wiped out the Mafia until the Merkins invaded and reinstated them. Funny that.

Solzenitsyn wrote that a benevolent dictator is the best form of government, the US founding fathers didn't say democracy found great leaders but it gave he ability to get rid of bad ones.

Not a perfect world, but benevolent dictators just do not exist.

I think Anne Applebaun is correct, democracy is stuffed.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Mussolini got the trains to run on time and almost single handedly wiped out the Mafia until the Merkins invaded and reinstated them. Funny that.

Solzenitsyn wrote that a benevolent dictator is the best form of government, the US founding fathers didn't say democracy found great leaders but it gave he ability to get rid of bad ones.

Not a perfect world, but benevolent dictators just do not exist.

I think Anne Applebaun is correct, democracy is stuffed.

The West, particularly merka and britland use Russia as a diversion to divert attention away from what they are doing. Diplomatically Putin and Lavrov have outsmarted the west. Amittedly Ush, Trump and Biden are not the sharpest tools.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Diplomatically Putin and Lavrov have outsmarted the west. Amittedly Ush, Trump and Biden are not the sharpest tools.
Putin is a very sharp tool in terms of strategy, but people do and have, seriously underestimated Donald Trump.

I was one.

Like I have said many times, they made the same mistake with Hitler, and hoped he would go away. He did ,eventually, but caused a heap of shite on the way out the door. Trump will do the same, he is far from finished..

Reactions: Worried2Death

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I was one.

Like I have said many times, they made the same mistake with Hitler, and hoped he would go away. He did ,eventually, but caused a heap of shite on the way out the door. Trump will do the same, he is far from finished..

You had Jan 6, just should have triggered charges, you also have 4 years of constant lying. Surely that is enough to ban him from public office.. Once again a lack of balls.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You had Jan 6, just should have triggered charges, you also have 4 years of constant lying. Surely that is enough to ban him from public office.. Once again a lack of balls.
The facts are that compared with the Nixon matter the DOJ and Congress are working very quickly.

Probably one of the biggest factors back then was the press hounding Nixon as well. This time you have the Fox News mob taking Trump's side.

Trump got his people into all parts of the federal system, including the FBI and DOJ. Garland has as difficult a job dealing with this as Biden. Biden had to handpick his secret service staff because so many Secret Service are Trumpers.

That is also why Mike Pence had to overrule his secret service staff who wanted him to leave the Capitol on Jan 6, he knew they would not bring him back.

Merrick Garland is no slouch. He successfully prosecuted, and executed, the Oklahoma bombing offenders.

So he is fully aware of the danger of the white supremacy movement. Merka is in the shite, big time.

I was watching Dick Cheney at the capitol with Liz this week. He is a frail old man, time has caught up on him. So I do wonder how much influence he has now in the Republican Party. There is one hell of a fight brewing.

Biden and Garland need to increase moderate awareness of what actually went on. When they do they can have a night of the long knives, but apparently Garland does not want to arrest Trump.

His reason is the next GOP president will then arrest Biden, just like happens in banana republics. However he should be ok locking up all the other pricks.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The facts are that compared with the Nixon matter the DOJ and Congress are working very quickly.

Probably one of the biggest factors back then was the press hounding Nixon as well. This time you have the Fox News mob taking Trump's side.

Trump got his people into all parts of the federal system, including the FBI and DOJ. Garland has as difficult a job dealing with this as Biden. Biden had to handpick his secret service staff because so many Secret Service are Trumpers.

That is also why Mike Pence had to overrule his secret service staff who wanted him to leave the Capitol on Jan 6, he knew they would not bring him back.

Merrick Garland is no slouch. He successfully prosecuted, and executed, the Oklahoma bombing offenders.

So he is fully aware of the danger of the white supremacy movement. Merka is in the shite, big time.

I was watching Dick Cheney at the capitol with Liz this week. He is a frail old man, time has caught up on him. So I do wonder how much influence he has now in the Republican Party. There is one hell of a fight brewing.

Biden and Garland need to increase moderate awareness of what actually went on. When they do they can have a night of the long knives, but apparently Garland does not want to arrest Trump.

His reason is the next GOP president will then arrest Biden, just like happens in banana republics. However he should be ok locking up all the other pricks.

If one commits a crime, charge him, it doesn't matter what someone else might be guilty of.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
If one commits a crime, charge him, it doesn't matter what someone else might be guilty of.
It’s a slippery slope when you start arrest the ones making the laws.

That’s how dictators get control, they start changing the rules so nothing they do is illegal and find rules so their opponents end up in jail…

Technically most presidents break some sort of international convention/ treaty somewhere along the way.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This one is an eye opener:

Watch from 4.41 dark money

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Get your point but the table wasn't quite as active as these pricks.
Maybe not, but it was/is still very active, and that doesn't not allow for the multinational corporate influence.

Just one example, ever checked out the Commerce Commission?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Maybe not, but it was/is still very active, and that doesn't not allow for the multinational corporate influence.

Just one example, ever checked out the Commerce Commission?

To be honest, no. I saw today that the Republican and Democratic parties are both corporations

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings