General Is this the best newspaper article this year?

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart

What this journalist is saying reflects the feelings of many fans in this forum.

Click on the above link.
You know you're in trouble, when you're being out coached by a Stuff reporter. Geez whizz Kearney, even Nathan brown has made alterations to his squad week to week when players have no cut the mustard this year.

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
It’s a great article. Subtle throughout, but no less hard-hitting than it would be if it had been written in the same tone that a lot do on here.

The paragraph which tells me most about what it’s author, Jackson Thomas, really thinks is the first:
Stephen Kearney has forgotten more rugby league than the majority of us will ever know.”

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

What this journalist is saying reflects the feelings of many fans in this forum.

Click on the above link.

Good article.

However, he’s left out

Recruitment- it’s been diabolical. Aside from Ah Mau there hasn’t been anyone else. Other teams have identified their weaknesses and strengthen their squad in the off-season. We got weaker and did nothing to fix or improve our weaknesses from last season.

Public Speaking- can someone sign him up to a course on public speaking please???? maybe we raise a go-fundme page to pay for it. I would happily donate $10 to get him some help. It would help my blood pressure in return.

Taking and hearing feedback - open your eyes. If 99% of the public are calling a spade a spade then you follow consensus and believe it’s a spade. Or if you’re gonna call a lemon an orange at least be able to explain why you think it’s an orange. Maybe that links in with the above point. Public speaking.

Kia Kaha Stephen Kearney.

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
Paasi, Harris, Papali’i, Luke, Blair have all been plodding.

There is something not right with this team.

Do you think SK has lost the dressing room?
There are a number of factors, unfortunately we do not have privy to all the facts.
I don't like to get personal but i think a PR company maybe required on supporting press releases and interview procedures and you all know what i mean.

With social media we are more engaged and we on this forum can share our views , where previously it would be just chatter at a club or pub and i would suggest senior management should take this banter on board.

It is more daming as sponsors also want their brand out there and if the team are playing like headless chooks and fans are not engaging they look elsewhere to spend the corporate dollar.

Yes i think the club missed a great opportunity with Magde as he ticks the boxes. Sadly i dont believe SK is delivering above the line.

Reactions: matiunz

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Thats not an article, its a copy and paste of what people have been writing here since Round 2.
I still enjoyed that non-forum people get to read it but now I am wondering which one of you is the reporter, probably a lurker.
Probably is a coincidence, but I emailed stuff earlier this week, I asked them to hold the warriors accountable, also said I used this site and that the fans wanted better results.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Most of the reporters you are familiar with have accounts here. Includes the author of that article.
Who are these reporters ?

If they know how we feel why are they not asking the right questions to him at the presser?

Why do they stroke his ego and not challenge him on his ridiculous decisions?

There needs to be an investigation.

Call them out.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yes i think the club missed a great opportunity with Magde as he ticks the boxes.
Especially the box about losing by cricket scores!! ;)
Most of the reporters you are familiar with have accounts here. Includes the author of that article.
He is Mr. Brownstone. Heyzeuss told me.
Do you think SK has lost the dressing room?
I don't know for sure, but it is very possible. The team are not playing as one, with a single purpose. That is a sure sign of lack of confidence in the "process". If that is the case it is very serious, and dare I mention the fact that when Cappy left, we went down and Canberra improved. It might not be SK himself, maybe he needs to get some real talent in that coaching box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Last Game

13 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings