Warriors News Is one owner better for the club?

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
After reading the gossip posts from earlier this club could be in trouble, someone was posting ARL want out because this club is losing money.
If that is the case then not much will change, the club is locked into the current player group and coach, if owners are worried about financials they arent going to start paying out contracts early.
People have posted on here that SJ was let go because the club is over cap, so noones coming if thats the case, that means results are unlikely to change, more loss on and off the field.. where to from here

Reactions: Warrior#214

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Yes. Graham Lowe/Tainui and Eric Watson/Owen Glenn were both disasters. This latest joint ownership hasn't got off to a good start so its best that Autex go it alone now.

davo

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 29, 2016
“Coach Stephen Kearney and CEO Cameron George have the support of the Autex side of the board and it could be that having one owner of the Warriors might give the club a clearer direction of the way to go forward.”

Doesn’t sound like much will change in the footballing department:(
But if that's the case the neither will the results and with that comes further fan apathy and a spiral of decline that will kill the club stone dead. I for one won't go another season of this abject crap

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
I don’t know if Mark is that oblivious to it, people are turning down Autex box invites... they can’t ignore the financials as a pretty big signal.

Reactions: Warrior#214

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Can Autex afford to buy out Carlaw?

Are they looking for another financial backer or will they do it alone?

Can anybody work with Mark Robinson? - Would be a tough gig.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but why did the ARL get involved? The local game is in disarray and this is where the ARL needs to focus back on.

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
Can Autex afford to buy out Carlaw?

Are they looking for another financial backer or will they do it alone?

Can anybody work with Mark Robinson? - Would be a tough gig.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but why did the ARL get involved? The local game is in disarray and this is where the ARL needs to focus back on.
I tell you what I wouldn’t be surprised if SKY was to step forward.
They’ve upped their Sports Brand strategy with naming rights on the cake tin, sponsoring the Breakers, other Bball investments, offering jobs to women Rugby Players etc
Similar to the way they just bought the Rugby Pass platform internationally to add to their leverage when bidding for Rugby rights.
If they owned part or all of an NRL team it’s gonna be that much harder for a Spark Sport to come in and pinch the whole NRL.

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Mark is an idiot who thinks all his cash can buy respect and results IMO - Won't work under Autex ownership; If I heard right players were gonna give he him a smack at the Mad Monday last year, after getting on the drink and a bit lippy with the players - Uber him home or else lol He'll be an irrational owner IMO

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Mark is an idiot who thinks all his cash can buy respect and results IMO - Won't work under Autex ownership; If I heard right players were gonna give he him a smack at the Mad Monday last year, after getting on the drink and a bit lippy with the players - Uber him home or else lol He'll be an irrational owner IMO
Yay! We really can't catch a break. Basket case owner to go with a basket case club.
Expect the club to go full retard in 2020.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Lots of sports clubs have nutty rich ego fueled owners, team needs to learn the golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules.
Player power can be good but only when the players want to win at all costs. These lip droppers don't come close to that description.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Autex employees seemed to like him so he can’t be that much of a c*nt.

Reactions: Tim burgess

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
Idiots don't own successful businesses. Like or not the Warriors have few options.

One thing for sure. As it's his own cash running the place you can expect people to improve their performance levels.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Autex employees seemed to like him so he can’t be that much of a c*nt.
I met a guy who works for Autex, who was driving their delivery truck, years before they brought the Warriors. He said he knows Mark personally, and that he works for the best company in the world.

We've had players at this club who don't really care for a long time, and anyone who challenges them on anything instantly becomes public enemy number one.

Ali Lauitiiti vs Mick Watson: (My thoughts are in italics.)

"But you can't really change a person. League was always going to be important for me, because it was my job (ie. not his passion). But it was never going to take away my family and church (his passion). [That] was a big part for quite a few of the boys (ie. a lot of them don't really care)," said Lauitiiti.

"I told him that if he couldn't show me he wanted to be at the club, then we would look at other options," said Watson. "He offered me nothing. When an athlete who is paid among the top three in the club (and is more than happy to take the money) says, 'I don't really care that much', I don't think time would have made any difference."

Mick Watson wasn't perfect but he unfairly copped a lot of the blame for Lauitiiti leaving. When it was Lauitiiti, and 'quite a few of the boys', (who didn't really care that much) who caused the club to lose Anderson as our coach, and our only run at the top of the comp to come to a screaming halt.

So if the 2018 players are trying to pin the blame on Mark, just like they always do, I'm not buying it.

The reality is, they still don't really care that much, but they still need a scapegoat to keep that gravy train rolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Last Game

13 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings