General Is NZ now a Police State ?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Simple fact is if he wasn’t tagging he wouldn’t be in this situation. Yep the force possibly went a bit over the top but it’s hard to judge completely on one part small part of the interaction out of context.
Not saying excessive force is ok but can’t stand the “I wasn’t doing anything” or “it’s ONLY x, it’s not that bad/why don’t you go after the real criminals” type of mentality that some have, the more you start justifying and tolerating even petty crimes as unimportant is the moment the bar gets raised as to what we are willing to accept.
Even tagging I can’t stand the arrogance that someone thinks they’re entitled to ruin some that isn’t theirs, the entitlement is staggering.
The problem is that this is how mistakes like George Floyd happen. Did the cops involved plan on killing him? Of course not. Did they use excessive force? Absolutely. While they may have had just cause to arrest Floyd it was their attitude that caused his death.

You cannot commit an unlawful act trying to stop an unlawful act. Im not sure how people cant see that?

Sure that tagger is a piece of shit wrapped in skin but he has rights just like we all do and the police have rules they must follow...

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
The problem is that this is how mistakes like George Floyd happen. Did the cops involved plan on killing him? Of course not. Did they use excessive force? Absolutely. While they may have had just cause to arrest Floyd it was their attitude that caused his death.

You cannot commit an unlawful act trying to stop an unlawful act. Im not sure how people cant see that?

Sure that tagger is a piece of shit wrapped in skin but he has rights just like we all do and the police have rules they must follow...
Totally agree with this. Police have to be the better men/women. Thats literally in the job description, they enforce the law, they dont make it up, they dont stretch it, and they sure as shit shouldnt be acting as judges and giving out beatings to anyone caught and pinned on the ground.

IF they dont like the laws as they are they have the right to complain like anyone else and thats it. protest your MP and change the laws. I personally believe in the death penalty, but even if i were a cop i have no rights to go and administer it. there are no shades of grey here, once you have someone on the ground and immobilised thats it, restrain, arrest and let the courts deal with it.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014

Ideals vs reality
In a perfect world yes you are safe
You can walk at night .you can speak your truth you can leave your door unlocked in this world the police are fair an people don't mean you harm

In the real world if you run an resist arrest you get a beating .
If you step in front of a car you get run over
Self responsibility just don't do it

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Why can't we just reduce the population by one, and use a bullet on this scum.
Because you would have those people who seem to be able to dominate media coverage asking why did he have to be shot, why couldn't they let him go and catch him more safely later, why do police have to chase people etc etc

Reactions: Navigator

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Because you would have those people who seem to be able to dominate media coverage asking why did he have to be shot, why couldn't they let him go and catch him more safely later, why do police have to chase people etc etc
Exactly Inruin. Too many "Bleeding hearts" in NZ. Even Maori party leader trying to take plaudits for ending the rioting. These thugs need to be stopped. Every day we seem to be having more shootings. Sooner than later innocent bystanders are going to get shot or killed and the police need every ability to stop these arseholes and of course protect themselves

Last edited:

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
kpckadvi, this is a New Zealand Warriors fan forum.

The problem we have isn't erectile disfunction. It's depression from watching our team. Now if you were selling Xanax, Prozac etc maybe you'd get some takers.

Wrong forum, pal.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Why can't we just reduce the population by one, and use a bullet on this scum.
That's how it should be, look at places oversea you steal you lose a hand, sounds good to me, you tape a woman you lose your Dick, you kill you get killed, we need to stop the hugs n kisses all round shit and get people back to respecting others including our emergency services, my niece has just graduated as a paramedic and the shit she saw as a ride along in the early part of training, would have been enough for me to dropout.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
That's how it should be, look at places oversea you steal you lose a hand, sounds good to me, you tape a woman you lose your Dick, you kill you get killed, we need to stop the hugs n kisses all round shit and get people back to respecting others including our emergency services, my niece has just graduated as a paramedic and the shit she saw as a ride along in the early part of training, would have been enough for me to dropout.
Most of the problems in society come back to lack of respect for each other, even if the others have a different view of life.

Reactions: Navigator

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Most of the problems in society come back to lack of respect for each other, even if the others have a different view of life.
Most of the problems we have here in NZ are drug related .Either those high on drugs or those trying to make a quid from it.If our government could eliminate drugs & gangs as they have virtually done with Covid we would be the envy of the world.Hard task but ??

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Imagine these prison inmates doing their time in a Bali prison or many other slums in and around the world. See how tough they are then

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Navigator, a lot of what I've heard of being a paramedic is it's 20% seeing the shit your neice saw, 80% going to see some old biddie who had a headache and didnt have any Aspirin/wanted someone to go to the bathroom and get it for her. But that is from someone who worked in Auckland.

Problem with the death penalty: What does the guy who killed 51 in Christchurch get? And how does that discourage others?

The flip-side of that argument: 80% of crimes are committed by 20% of criminals. Get tough on the repeat offenders. No time off for good behaviour during Prison Time 2. You got that in Prison Time 1, went on to commit Crime 2. So nah. And absolutely none of this "it was because of my background/racism etc" blind acceptance. Yes, people treated you like shit. Lots of people get treated like shit. See them commit crimes? Nope.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Here's how you do prisons.

Norway had a high recidivism rate and high profile incidents within their prisons in the 80s and 90s.
They changed their system to be more humane / more normalised to outside life.
Norway now has the lowest recidivism rate in the world.
I would just put criminals on Stewart island and never let them back off again.

Works for the prisoners - free range prison where they are free to live lawlessly.

Works for society - 0 recidivism rate - lower than Norway even 👍

Reactions: Inruin

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I would just put criminals on Stewart island and never let them back off again.

Works for the prisoners - free range prison where they are free to live lawlessly.

Works for society - 0 recidivism rate - lower than Norway even 👍
A hundred years later Stewart Island loses its status as a penal colony and the Stewart Islanders go on their OE to New Zealand and bring beer called Fosters, XXXX and VB.

A hundred years more, the Stewart Island Capital territory recognises the Southern Island, and the Northern Island as historic yet independent former Empires of the Main Islanders.

A hundred years later, the former country know as NZ is now called Aotea Stewart Island....and the Kiwis and Warriors have a ten percent winning ratio against the Stewart Origin side.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings