General Is NZ now a Police State ?

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
because in the places you have mentioned guns are still readily available. It's not rocket science .

You can't carry guns in school. Well, school should be safe then. Shit, another mass shooting in a school. Probably should let all the kids carry guns then there wouldn't be any problems.

Oh my.....

I wasn't even going to respond to cars kill, smoking kills, medical professionals kill but I suppose I have to.

Just because one thing happens doesn't make it right, or necessary to allow another completely unrelated thing to happen.

No guns, no gun deaths. Simple as that.
It's not that simple we still have murders in NZ without guns being involved
Are we going to ban knives. baseball bats etc..

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
It's not that simple we still have murders in NZ without guns being involved
Are we going to ban knives. baseball bats etc..
That's not even an argument mate.

Just because other weapons kill doesn't mean other weapons should be legal and freely available.

It really is that simple.

We don't ban knifes why can't I have my semi automatic weapon with a 50round mag that I can empty in no time at all. Wheres my napalm? Honey have you seen my flame thrower? What did I do with my jar of anthrax?

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
That's not even an argument mate.

Just because other weapons kill doesn't mean other weapons should be legal and freely available.

It really is that simple.

We don't ban knifes why can't I have my semi automatic weapon with a 50round mag that I can empty in no time at all. Wheres my napalm? Honey have you seen my flame thrower? What did I do with my jar of anthrax?
If you could pass a phycological evaluation .Have no previous criminal convictions
Do not associate with known criminals
Can provide credible referees including work an family interviews
Can provide evidence of secure storage for set firearms
An a few otherlittle bits an prices you can own a rifle in NZ

I'm sorry but you need to get some special sort of authorization for anthrax
Flame throwers are illegal but I'm sure if you were technically minded it wouldn't be to hard to build one .
Iv worked with explosives for a job an they had a guy on the methodone program at
One place I contracted at .I left straight away .
I also held a pest eradication ticket an they would send us cyanide through the post
You wouldn't even know how many people that could kill

Honestly legel guns are not a problem here
Its just toolbags that are the problem

On a side note how is your man doing at the brumbies?

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
If you could pass a phycological evaluation .Have no previous criminal convictions
Do not associate with known criminals
Can provide credible referees including work an family interviews
Can provide evidence of secure storage for set firearms
An a few otherlittle bits an prices you can own a rifle in NZ

I'm sorry but you need to get some special sort of authorization for anthrax
Flame throwers are illegal but I'm sure if you were technically minded it wouldn't be to hard to build one .
Iv worked with explosives for a job an they had a guy on the methodone program at
One place I contracted at .I left straight away .
I also held a pest eradication ticket an they would send us cyanide through the post
You wouldn't even know how many people that could kill

Honestly legel guns are not a problem here
Its just toolbags that are the problem

On a side note how is your man doing at the brumbies?
Guns aren't an issue here because they are regulated and will be even more so. You were arguing that everyone should have one and be allowed to carry them. You also make arguments that other things that kill aren't illegal or banned. I simply took that the logical steps further. You cite American examples where 'tough' gun laws that aren't anywhere near as tough as ours and where guns are readily available but still don't prevent gun killings as a reason we should be able to here.

Unless I'm missing your standpoint completely?

There is no reason for us to have more lenient gun laws. We should not allow easy access to firearms in this country. We should not be permitted to be allowed to carry firearms on our person in this country. If your view is different to this then I'm afraid you are wrong and there really is no good reason to change this including but not limited to;

But there will still be other things that kill people and they are not banned

It's not guns that kill it's people

A gunman entered a church and because everyone else had guns only two people died so carrying firearms actually prevents deaths. (I honestly can't believe that is an actual argument)

And whatever the other ones were that I can't be assed reading back over.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Guns aren't an issue here because they are regulated and will be even more so. You were arguing that everyone should have one and be allowed to carry them. You also make arguments that other things that kill aren't illegal or banned. I simply took that the logical steps further. You cite American examples where 'tough' gun laws that aren't anywhere near as tough as ours and where guns are readily available but still don't prevent gun killings as a reason we should be able to here.

Unless I'm missing your standpoint completely?

There is no reason for us to have more lenient gun laws. We should not allow easy access to firearms in this country. We should not be permitted to be allowed to carry firearms on our person in this country. If your view is different to this then I'm afraid you are wrong and there really is no good reason to change this including but not limited to;

But there will still be other things that kill people and they are not banned

It's not guns that kill it's people

A gunman entered a church and because everyone else had guns only two people died so carrying firearms actually prevents deaths. (I honestly can't believe that is an actual argument)

And whatever the other ones were that I can't be assed reading back over.

I didn't explain my point very well

Yes I believe the laws should be more stringent

But a gun is more powerful if everyone else is unarmed
And I know for a fact that they are easily available in the
Wrong circles .
I also know the police don't get to a call out for forty minutes or longer
Depending on where you live
I know store owners are paying money not to get robbed even down my
Road

In a world where fuckwitism is on the increase
I remember an old saying
An armed society is a polite society.

I think we all agree nuclear weapons are bad
But 70 years of relative peace that followed has been good

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Can’t believe that one of the responses I saw on FB is to blame the Police Minister for the shooting of the cops because he stopped the ART patrols.

Firstly, he didn’t stop the ART patrols. That was an operational decision and the Minister does not control the operational decisions of the Police.

Secondly, it was a routine traffic stop preformed by regular, unarmed cops. ART’s in a different police district would have made no difference.

It might be an election year and there is no reason for people to politicise everything. Dumb..... just dumb!!!

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Can’t believe that one of the responses I saw on FB is to blame the Police Minister for the shooting of the cops because he stopped the ART patrols.

Firstly, he didn’t stop the ART patrols. That was an operational decision and the Minister does not control the operational decisions of the Police.

Secondly, it was a routine traffic stop preformed by regular, unarmed cops. ART’s in a different police district would have made no difference.

It might be an election year and there is no reason for people to politicise everything. Dumb..... just dumb!!!
More likely a reaction to the US police violence and anti police outrage that followed.

Or it could be something completely unrelated...

Reactions: Off The Bench

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Your mates are right & wrong. The popo can enforce a no warrant search of your home, your person and or your vehicle ... but here's what most kiwis don't know ... they've had the power to do that since the early 2000's.

During that period an amendment was made to The Misuse of Drugs Act that gave police the power to perform no warrant searches under the "presumption of supply".

Even though our whole legal system is based on the premise of "innocent until proven guilty" this piece of legislation assumes the opposite ... "guilty until proven innocent" ... and under that banner the police have the "legal" right to perform no warrant searches with almost total impunity.

The popo in NZ have had the power to bust into your house, rip it to pieces, search your person & your property for years & the only reason they need is to suspect you of breaking The Misuse of Drugs Act. They don't even have to prove or justify their suspicion ... under the "presumption of supply" the mere suspicion is justification enough.

Under that banner ALL New Zealanders are essentially guilty until proven innocent regardless of whether you are innocent or not.

As for Covid-19 ... history shows that when we the people give our supposed governing bodies any kind of power that infringes upon our civil liberties they are extremely resistant to relinquish that power once they have it.

My understanding of this new bill is that Level 2 Covid protocol will be enforceable by law eg: social distancing, no large assemblies, higher risk people (sick, elderly etc) made to "stay home" etc.

If that's correct then I for one say fuck all that ... our forebearer's literally fought & died in two world wars to afford themselves & all the came after them the right to personal freedom & sovereignty & I think they'd all be turning in their graves to see us all potentially give it up so meekly .

Conspiracy theorists will tell you that this is the beginning of global government better known as the New World Order. And the NWO's modus operandi ??? ... to create a docile global workforce or another way to put it ... a planet of slaves.

Sounds batshit crazy yeah !?!? (pun intended lol) ... ordinarily I'd agree ... but look around ... batshit crazy is now the new normal.
Problem, reaction, solution. Tell everyone in 2015 a pandemic is coming, then when it arrives watch the reaction, then present the solution. Classic NWO strategy. Bill Gates patented the vaccine last November- look up PIRBRIGHT. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013

The police problem is similar to the Kearney problem. It's one thing to not want them. But what's your replacement plan? We can complain about cops, but until you have a better plan change for change sake isn't a better plan.

We want law and order. If we think it's not being done right, removing it completely is far riskier.

Cops using guns may have saved the cop but might also have killed another. Currently they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Solution: prevent the problems that create desperate people.

Reactions: wizards rage

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
The police problem is similar to the Kearney problem. It's one thing to not want them. But what's your replacement plan? We can complain about cops, but until you have a better plan change for change sake isn't a better plan.

We want law and order. If we think it's not being done right, removing it completely is far riskier.

Cops using guns may have saved the cop but might also have killed another. Currently they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Solution: prevent the problems that create desperate people.
Yeah I agree with you but whats your solution & please explain the reasons it will work

• Haha
Reactions: Rizzah

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Problem, reaction, solution. Tell everyone in 2015 a pandemic is coming, then when it arrives watch the reaction, then present the solution. Classic NWO strategy. Bill Gates patented the vaccine last November- look up PIRBRIGHT. 😁
Lol first thing that comes up in search;

“Fact check: Neither Pirbright Institute nor Bill Gates owns novel coronavirus patent“

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
images (4).jpeg

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Cops allegedly gave a skinny little punk who was tagging in the city a bit of a hiding.

The lads in hospital claiming chest trauma about the heart.

The guy was 65Kg.

Sounds like an excessive rough up by the Paddy Wagon boys.

Shouldn't be happening tbh.

Don't honestly think tagging is a heavy take down crime.

Reactions: Rizzah

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Cops allegedly gave a skinny little punk who was tagging in the city a bit of a hiding.

The guy was 65Kg.

No but out in the town down from Whangarei, tags a wall as cops drive past, runs, resists then complains when four cops pin him. Own it mate.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Witnesses claim he was punched on the ground.

Can't have that if we want a good police force. Those days need to end.
Cops are saying nothing to see here.

Couple of things

Yes I agree seems a bit of overkill but like a lot of things we don't see the lead up.

That was a weird video, like watching a bad kiwi version of the Floyd one. I wonder from now on how much mates will film and say your hurting him just to either try and let him get away or to get some fame or some money

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 13, 2016

The guy was 65Kg.

Should have got the same treatment as the bloke in Taneatua. I hate people that think they can vandalise someone else's property and think it's okay. Then to play the race card hoping to get the BLM sympathy, fuck off.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Should have got the same treatment as the bloke in Taneatua. I hate people that think they can vandalise someone else's property and think it's okay. Then to play the race card hoping to get the BLM sympathy, fuck off.
He got a reasonable hiding for it
Didn't sound like he learned a thing though
I'd be making him go an clean up the wall if he
Was mine.id also be joining a certain cops gym

Reactions: matiunz

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Simple fact is if he wasn’t tagging he wouldn’t be in this situation. Yep the force possibly went a bit over the top but it’s hard to judge completely on one part small part of the interaction out of context.
Not saying excessive force is ok but can’t stand the “I wasn’t doing anything” or “it’s ONLY x, it’s not that bad/why don’t you go after the real criminals” type of mentality that some have, the more you start justifying and tolerating even petty crimes as unimportant is the moment the bar gets raised as to what we are willing to accept.
Even tagging I can’t stand the arrogance that someone thinks they’re entitled to ruin some that isn’t theirs, the entitlement is staggering.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings