General Is it wrong

Beckah_old

that after yesterday's game I wanted to get up and hit a supporter behind me in the nose and tell him to back the f*** off?

Yesterday's game was not the prettiest thing to watch, nor was there any really wonderful fantastic things to say about the team as a whole BUT there were some positives in the game. I had a guy behind me who throughout the whole game all he did was slag off the team and every player we had. He was a Warriors supporter yet spent the whole time pointing out in his LOUD OUTDOOR voice that the Warriors are a useless team with useless players and why bother supporting them. This left me thinking "Why bother coming and wasting your money to let everyone know your negative opinion?" surely he could have stayed at home to share those views.

AliN_old

follow your instinct next time Beckah, you would've done a lot of people around you a favour I'm sure ;)

AmeriKiwi_old

Beckah said:
that after yesterday's game I wanted to get up and hit a supporter behind me in the nose and tell him to back the f*** off?

Yesterday's game was not the prettiest thing to watch, nor was there any really wonderful fantastic things to say about the team as a whole BUT there were some positives in the game. I had a guy behind me who throughout the whole game all he did was slag off the team and every player we had. He was a Warriors supporter yet spent the whole time pointing out in his LOUD OUTDOOR voice that the Warriors are a useless team with useless players and why bother supporting them. This left me thinking "Why bother coming and wasting your money to let everyone know your negative opinion?" surely he could have stayed at home to share those views.

There was an interesting study done on h.i.v. carriers... according to researchers, there are basically 2 types of h.i.v. infected people. Some people develop full blown A.I.D.S., while a small percentage of people are immune to dying from the disease and are simply carriers. They can choose to avoid passing it on to others through abstinence/safe sex, or they can choose to not give a damn and carelessly spread the disease to their unwary partners... The vast majority, group 1, would never want to spread such a terrible thing to other people. Then there was group 2, who took the attitude that since they were tainted, they couldn`t care less if others become infected, as well.
Moral of the story? Miserable, tainted people should keep it to themselves.

one-eyed-warrior_old

I know the type. I took a rugby supporter to the game (a chiefs supporter i might add) in 2004 and all he did was slag off the team. I told him to "f" off back to the car or shut up. He was lucky he was married to my sister or he might have got the south stand slapp.

warrior_girl81_old

is it wrong??? HELL NO!!! if your a warriors supporter, then go to the game to SUPPORT your team.

Beckah_old

yes this is my point, its fine to be frustrated and occassionally say "Why do something so STUPID" but to spend the whole game slagging them is off

da mad maori

I admire the guy. He's only voicing what many others are feeling.
The beauty of it all is that he PAYS through the gate, or by way of season ticket.
That in itself is more than what others do.
You only have to tune into Radio Sport and listen to the "critic's' who wouldnt bother going out of their way to do anything towards the Warriors.
For mine, 'take his money and run." Give me that type of fan who at leasts puts in the effort to get to the game.

mosh_old

Beckah said:

That was you??

moonfire_old

To be honest after that description you could have been talking about me. I am a fan, but after 11 years you become alittle bitter.

ozbash_old

one-eyed-warrior said:
I know the type. I took a rugby supporter to the game (a chiefs supporter i might add) in 2004 and all he did was slag off the team. I told him to "f" off back to the car or shut up. He was lucky he was married to my sister or he might have got the south stand slapp.

:eek: :eek:
not a chiefs fan,,, never.

you shoulda told him to STFU. :p

AmeriKiwi_old

AliN said:
follow your instinct next time Beckah, you would've done a lot of people around you a favour I'm sure ;)

As Ali said, you should`ve followed your instincts, Beckah... why should we pay plenty for seats, in this case for your whole family, only to have the whole day ruined by some moron? There`s plenty of space for a jerk like him down at the end of the stadium... North stand.

Skinny_Ravs82

I can understand his annoyance to an extent, but to carry on like that esp at a game and around other fans is ridiculos. Look when I watch the Warriors and when one of them does something they shouldn't..like mess up a set move or what I might be like bloody hell that was dumb! but I certainly don't slag everyone off.

I'm always supporting the team win lose or draw. I had an annoying fan close by last year...in the last game against the newcastle. he was being a total dickhead. Drove me nuts, he was lucky I did't turn around and give him shit.

ozbash_old

I had an annoying fan close by last year...in the last game against the newcastle. he was being a total dickhead. Drove me nuts, he was lucky I did't turn around and give him slop.

it was :sperm:, eh spinny ?

Beckah_old

da mad maori said:
I admire the guy. He's only voicing what many others are feeling.
The beauty of it all is that he PAYS through the gate, or by way of season ticket.
That in itself is more than what others do.
You only have to tune into Radio Sport and listen to the "critic's' who wouldnt bother going out of their way to do anything towards the Warriors.
For mine, 'take his money and run." Give me that type of fan who at leasts puts in the effort to get to the game.

Thats all fine and well, nice of him to pay and enter BUT do we really have to be subjected to his foul language and constant abuse to the players I think not. I dont go to the game to hear it, its natural to have the odd go, and lord knows in yesterdays game there were times they deserved it but to the extent of this person it was just over the top and that is what got a bee in my bonnet.

I just think that type of person is better left at home, if you become "Bitter" about the team why bother. Sure its not great supporting a team that isnt doing its best but were you bitter in 2003 i think not, the matter i am trying to communicate is that we arent on that field and we arent playing the game so the guys at least deserve credit for that much if nothing else and although the game didnt go the way we had hoped they werent beaten 20-0 there were 8 points on that board and they werent easy ones either.

Isnt there some positive in that?????? :)

MarkW_old

Moving off the topic just slightly... does anyone know the smoking policy at Ericsson?
Personally I think it should be a courtesy not to smoke when you are seated at a game. Getting wafts of someone elses exhaled smoke in your face isn't really much fun when you are trying to watch the game.

If you are one of those smokers, please think of the others seated around you. It's only 40 minutes between halves! There's plenty of room behind/under the stands to have a quick ciggie.

Beckah_old

I am a reformed smoker myself and I have never smoked in the stands at the game. It is the height of rudeness and also if you arent aloud to smoke in bars why should you be able to at the game you are in close confinement with other people isnt that the same thing?

:)

ozbash_old

same here, i think us reformed suckers notice it moreso.
upsets me when someone is blowing smoke all over/around my kids.

i,m pretty sure they,re not allowed to smoke inside the ground.

da mad maori

There is NO NOTICE-ABLE signs around the grounds OR within the seating arena's. There is a way to making it right. Email wayne@warriors.co.nz with your complaint.
I fully understand your views on smoking. And I am a smoker.

Iafeta_old

Beckah, can understand your frustrations.

It reminds me of when I went to Manly last year, and the Warriors made a break, and I stood up to catch a glimpse of what was happening (mind you, most of the rest of the stand were getting on their feet too). I had two decrepid old f@Roger Tuivasa-Sheck behind me mouthing off that they'd paid their tickets too and I had no right to stand up. Needless to say, when Manly scored, those old drunks sons-a-biatches were up and carrying on cock-a-hoop. It was all the more pleasing to turn around and catch a glimpse of them near tears when Stacey scored his last try to seal the game.

Some morons can sour an experience - that is, until the great little general makes it all the more worth while. We also needless to say parked on a street where there was no no parking signs, and got a ticket too - about 10 other cars had parked there, ours was the only one with Warriors stickers on it, needless to say ours was the only one with a ticket on the windscreen. $160 later, Stacey had still won and we'd still had a great time.