General Is it time?

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
One day at a time

Let’s just enjoy last nights glorious win against a very strong Raiders team

They have to be one of the unluckiest in the comp

Definitely a finals footy team

Oh well bad luck Ricky! Not your time mate!!!!!

Try again next year!!!!!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I love that you guys are able to see the dream, the warriors need more fans like that and not sad cynical bastards like me.

If we play Broncos week 1, we are fucked. If we play dragons or Panthers we are a fair shot of progressing. I dont see us getting past week 2 of playoffs.

While the whole comp has been inconsistent this year, we have had 2 or 3 terrible games that I think puts us at risk of having a shit game at some point in the next month.

In my mind that shit game could be either tonight or next week. Ugh.
Ya might as well get on it and celebrate unabashed now I recon.

Realistically from how shit we have been I'm looking at next week as our Grand final and extra week of reward for all the suffering.

If we win...same goes for the next game....living in the moment I think they call it these days of pop psychology and sport.

Every week a grand final awaits, each game a magnificent achievement in itself.

Funny thing is every lower 8 sides supporters will be talking about not surviving the Warriors if you draw them.

I am a little worried that last nights game has emptied the tank...but I remember that feeling after playing in Perth.....but hey they were tougher than anyone realised.

One things for sure, Kearneys frequent world cup / four nations successes will help him in this style of tournament, he is a good sudden death Coach.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
To win the comp we have to win 6 games in a row whereas at the start of the year when we were in a hot run of form we managed 5.

Can we win the comp? Of course we can

Will we win the comp? Unlikely

Do I care? Yes but all I now ask is that however many more games we play that we turn up and if we don’t win we make it bloody hard for our opponent.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
To win the comp we have to win 6 games in a row whereas at the start of the year when we were in a hot run of form we managed 5.

Can we win the comp? Of course we can

Will we win the comp? Unlikely

Do I care? Yes but all I now ask is that however many more games we play that we turn up and if we don’t win we make it bloody hard for our opponent.

6??

You sure bro.

I count 4.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaka

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Would we rather play Brisbane or Penrith

Probably doesn't make a lot of difference. Brisbane has the best record in the comp against other top 8 sides, but Penrith look deadly with Maloney.

If I had to choose I'd probably say Penrith though.

Reactions: Jaka

danepak

Waterboy
Jun 16, 2012
OK, I guess I'll want Dragons to lose against Knights. Just in case Broncos screw it up tomorrow night

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Watching the Storm/Panthers game tonight we could definitely take either of them, even away, assuming we tie our bootlaces. That is the problem, consistency.
Storm with Munster, Chambers, and Slater will be a different proposition

Reactions: snake77

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
Panthers won’t be playing in Penrith, at ANZ they’ll still be hard to beat but not impossible.

Broncos will lift if its a Sunday arvo game which given they’re playing Sunday in round 25 they’ll get a 7 day rest.

1 v 4 & 2 v 3 are pretty much confirmed for Saturday which means if we play Penrith, it’s 8pm NZ time on Friday night

Reactions: Sup42

Rotang

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 13, 2015
Brisbane
Looking forward to the excitement of each weekend to see the Mighty Warriors go one step forward to the big dance!

If we stay 7th (Broncos lose), won't we play the Dragons? That's a game I'd be most confident in. If Broncs win today, then it's Penrith. And we can do it!

Reactions: Jaka and Sup42

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
I think anything is possible, all we have to do is stay focused on the task at hand.
One week at a time, one game at a time.
My only concern at this point being the hard game against the GREEN MACHINE on our guys bodies, and of course the travel.

Reactions: Sup42

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 18, 2013
Panthers scare me because they won't play as badly against us as they did last time and their left edge against Hiku is frightening.

Sharks bother me because they're a boring, grinding team who always win scrappy.

Storm bother me because Smith does more refereeng than the two guys in charge.

Aside from that - meh. Bring the fuckers on.

Panthers bother me because they are capable of random unpredictable moments of brilliance and come-from-behind wins.

Sharks are a much stronger team. They combine speed AND execution and are currently a "form" team going from strength to strength.

Storm make a lot of handling errors and have other problems but they are a professional outfit who just know how to close games i.e. win. Not necessarily by a large margin. Has a lot to do with their defensive skills probably.

Reactions: Defence

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
As much as id love it to be, no i dont think it is time...yet. I rate our chances of getting through the first week of finals if we come up against the Dragons or Penrith....not so much the Bronco's.

I just want us to make it into the 2nd week of finals. I'd rate this season a lot more succesfull if we do that.

2 ways of looking at it i guess if we get knocked out next week (and pending if the Broncs beat Manly this arvo)......we made the finals...which is an acheivement in itself something we havent done for soo long....or....we lose next week effectively ranking us 8th in a 16 team competition....which is on the face of it just another mid table team. Win next week and for mine it means we can mix it in a high intensity arena and the gap wouldnt be insurmountable between us and what will eventually be the very top teams.

Reactions: Jaka and Rotang

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings