General Is Grant Rovelli our future Halfback?

Robster_old

Lets be honest we were impressed with his opening 2 games, but since then has he impressed us to a high level, I would say yes!! :D but his kicking game hasn't been tested out to much this season, him getting the number 7 jersey is the biggest chance in his Rugby League Life to show what he has really got. This week he will show if he is the answer.

mosh_old

I still dont think he is the future for the "Warriors". There are other options we need to look at. Rovelli is a perfect 5-8th for mine. His passing game is what we havent seen, and what has led the Roosters Premier League to success. At 7 he will have an isolated passing game and will direct the pack around the park. Only a few great halfbacks use passing to setup wingers for trys like Kimmorly, Andrew Johns and Stacey Jones ona few occassions.

Will be interesting to see how he goes. 7 is the hardest position on the field to play. Certainly feel much better that Nathan Fien is out of that jumper.

ozbash_old

no mosh, ropo is our 5/8 .

ravioli was bought as a half..

good move by aunty ivan actually letting him start at 7.

i guess he is a future halfback wob, whether he 'cuts the mustard' remains to be seen.

mosh_old

ozbash said:
no mosh, ropo is our 5/8 .

ravioli was bought as a half..

good move by aunty ivan actually letting him start at 7.

i guess he is a future halfback wob, whether he 'cuts the mustard' remains to be seen.

I disagree mate. Ropati is a good solid player, but not complex enough to satisfy a quality 6.

Are you saying Ropo is just as good as Lockyer, Preston Campbell, Thurston, Anasta?

ozbash_old

not yet. i think potentially he could be tho. he was swapped around too often.

rovelli has played well at #6 but i reckon hes a bit smallish defensivly (not that prestons that big).

jahc_old

I love how Rovelli's kicks always stop dead (just about) after they hit the grass.. so they dont roll over the dead ball line.

2big2strong_old

JonB said:
I think Ropati should be a 13.

I'm with you there my man, I think Ropati's playmaking options are very limited, I haven't seen him set up too many try's to be honest, He's a fantastic ball runner, and he's very big and just getting bigger. He's a better ball runner than a playmaker, I'd rather have two smaller live-wire halves. ;)

-Dr.J-_old

I think Rovelli is too small for a modern day 5/8.. Ropati has the right build for it.

Skinny_Ravs82

Instead of going on about this too much (even thou I would love to at this very moment! lmao) I'll let the weekend's game speak for itself and let Rav's own work do the talking.

But I'm totally thrilled!!

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

If Rovelli performe's well on the weekend he will keep the No7 Jersey

#6 Lance will get when he come's back.
Place Sione at 13 and put Ropati on the bench as an impact player such as Craig Wing.

*Kimmy*_old

Whenever i see his name..i start saying it randomly and it gets stuck in my head. So im going around saying "rovelli rovelli" haha

JonB_old

2black2strong said:
JonB said:
I think Ropati should be a 13.

I'm with you there my man, I think Ropati's playmaking options are very limited, I haven't seen him set up too many try's to be honest, He's a fantastic ball runner, and he's very big and just getting bigger. He's a better ball runner than a playmaker, I'd rather have two smaller live-wire halves. ;)

I think he is a 13 because as you say he is a physical player rather than a mental player and I think he could take pressure off the hooker doing abit of work out of dummyhalf.
I alos think he has heart which really helps at that position.

sebastian_old

I believe ravs has all the skills, but he is untested in 1 area, leadership. He's gotta put the genral hat on & tell the "big" boys what to do. This takes time to get used to, but he either can or can't. I reckon he can, if i remember right he was captain in preimer league, not the same thing but sure helps.

patty_old

yep...young, enthusiastic and willing to give it all. Much better option than hohaia. at least you know rovelli wqont die wondering

da mad maori

The thing I like about his signing is that he is not a "club reject". He is now finding his feet in a higher grade. Of course time will tell if he has got it. And I will tell you something else, if you dont already know, he is FAST. Bloody fast.!!!

sebastian_old

da mad maori said:
The thing I like about his signing is that he is not a "club reject". He is now finding his feet in a higher grade. Of course time will tell if he has got it. And I will tell you something else, if you dont already know, he is FAST. Bloody fast.!!!

Probabaly the reason this kids acutally decent.