General Is 2018 slipping away for the Warriors?

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
ive got a feeling that 2018 May go down as the season that the Warriors could have been a top 4 contender but ended up outside the 8. We need to start winning, starting today at Win Stadium.
Any body else have the same feeling?

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
As at right now,this instant I write this post yes it is....... slowly but surely it is definitely slipping away.
However a win today or a loss today but then next two games a win we are back live again.
Next three games will tell us if 2018 was a false dawn and a bad joke from Kearney and the boys or whether we have turned the corner.
I think we have improved the next three weeks will confirm whether I am correct or a dreamer.

Reactions: Akkerz

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Unfortunately the metrix for success is a top 8 spot. Teams like Storm, Broncos, Roosters aspire to top 4 . If they miss out they deem it a bad year. We have to make the top 8 otherwise all those good performances throughout the year amount to SFA. I really worry for this current squad going into 2019 if we miss out. You would have to think there confidence would be shot.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Yea I am sick with worry. A win today no matter how big still won't bring my confidence up. I need to see them turn up big time for a few weeks in a row like the start of the season

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
Today is the decider eight or out. There won't be any coming back from a loss today but there will be questions
On the positive, we win today , definitely in the eight, morale goes up as does confidence. The worlds their oyster.

Reactions: Sup42

mtsmart

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2013
Yes. Loss of form and key players being in and out of the side because of injury. Which begs the question, if the Warriors can't make the playoffs despite the best start to a season for years, despite winning in Australia, despite all of that, when will they ever? We have seen enough games now to say that the Warriors aren't a top-four team; their losses have all been very bad and big. Even though they have not had a long losing sequence like previous years, the big losses I think have eroded their confidence in defence, coupled with all the penalties they concede when desperate to defend near their line means their line defense is not as good as it was at the start of the season. They are now conceding too many soft tries. Now they're at the point where a loss will see them slip out of the top 8 if other results don't go their way. Simply put, they need to win all their remaining games to guarantee a place in the playoffs.

hoolioh

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2016
Hamz
If the goons beat us today then its 2 points in it. Can see the raiders dealing to the tigers next round an us beating the knights aswel cause they both looked garbage last night. Hoping for a win tonight so it can be 6 points after next week. Not much point looking beyond that tho just need to turn up with intensity today.

Reactions: Hadyn and Akkerz

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
A win today would be great because we've never done it before but it's never been in my W column for the season. Mind you, neither was the Dragons game here in Auckland and look how that turned out. :)

As for the Top 8, I still maintain we're dead certs for it but are, on the last game's form, headed for a Week 1 Humiliation and Exit combo, which would be a bad way to end to the season after the 5-0 start.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings