Gameday 2024 Trial 1 - Warriors vs Wests Tigers

Maybe more of a "thanks for all your hard work - please enjoy reserve grade this season"
Yeah I mean it genuinely.
IF Webby is planning to drop Montoya for Ali and RTS then that would be a smart man management kind of move.

On second thought, I doubt Webby would play both RTS and Ali at centre in a pre season game if centre/wing were his round 1 intentions.

Yeah I mean it genuinely.
IF Webby is planning to drop Montoya for Ali and RTS then that would be a smart man management kind of move.

On second thought, I doubt Webby would play both RTS and Ali at centre in a pre season game if centre/wing were his round 1 intentions.

This has me a little excited - I would have guessed that Webby would play the safe route like he did the early rounds of 2023 - start with defence and build from there. I would have thought older players like TMM, Roger, and Montoya would be a certainty, but I'd love it if we shook things up and tried something like that instead.

Long time forum stalker, first time poster. If they're going down the route of RTS on the wing and Ali at centre, then that also makes more sense regarding Roger's role roving around the park.

Shape-wise, we wouldn't be as impacted on the left if he pops up supporting elsewhere. This also showcases the need to have Capewell playing on the left edge, as he could fill the gap of a pseudo-centre if RTS gets tied up on the right and we're needing to shift the ball to Ali.

There was no way we were splitting up that right hand edge. Didn't need Intel for that.
It does make sense. I initially thought he'd be best on the right because a lot of his best moments at the club were out there but his individual brilliance will be better utilized on the left as the structure creates most of the opportunities on the righthand side

That fits with Webby's comments in the latest 'straight up' video - the idea of 'well, let them come' as this team will 'be the hunters this year, not waiting to be the hunted' - I like it very much
That fits with the approach Penrith took to creating a "theme" for their seasons. I wonder if this is ours.

I was thinking the same - plus his comments about Roger learning the defence wouldn't be as relevant if they were going to play Roger on the wing, as he had already played a fair amount of wing at the Roosters (albeit a fair number of years ago now).

I think it would be more likely Ali playing wing over Roger. Woofa Woofa - what is your oil source?

Anyone remember the old show Home Improvement from the 90s? It would often involve a family event and Tim would get the boys excited about something else.

My house with myself, my wife and two boys can often get like that show. Yesterday for example.

Me "Anything exciting this weekend?"
Son "There is only one thing on this weekend"
Wife "Yeah we have a wedding to go to"
Me "And the Warriors play their first trial"
My Kids yell yeah through their hand in the air to celebrate.

Good thing you're likely to be home for it, if the wedding was at the same time you'd have rude, inconsiderate, loud and rambling speech-makers at the wedding ruining watching the trial game!

Good thing you're likely to be home for it, if the wedding was at the same time you'd have rude, inconsiderate, loud and rambling speech-makers at the wedding ruining watching the trial game!
Ha! That’s like the last warriors game I went to.
It was meant to be a sell out but there was a spare seat between me and another fella.
After a while I said to him “excuse me mate is this your seat”?
He said “kinda, it was for my wife but unfortunately she passed away”.
I asked “do u not have any friends or family that support the warriors “?
He replied “yeah heaps- but they’re all at the funeral”.

Ha! That’s like the last warriors game I went to.
It was meant to be a sell out but there was a spare seat between me and another fella.
After a while I said to him “excuse me mate is this your seat”?
He said “kinda, it was for my wife but unfortunately she passed away”.
I asked “do u not have any friends or family that support the warriors “?
He replied “yeah heaps- but they’re all at the funeral”.
Surely this is fiction?

That fits with the approach Penrith took to creating a "theme" for their seasons. I wonder if this is ours.

Themes in professional sport are massive these days. I’ve been privileged enough to watch all seven years of the crusaders themes.
The way Razor tied every year into each other was amazing.
I know he had contact with webby over the off season.
Let’s hope some of his magic runs off on webby.

The Shortball highlighting young players to look out for in season 24 - Jacob Laban.
I’ve high hopes for this young man with his size and speed and the coaching available to develop his game. They won’t be in a hurry to throw him in the deep end but exposure to top grade through the season will be nice.
Looking forward to seeing him play in person this Sunday. 🤞🏾

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C3Up2-0x3N2/?igsh=MWJ2enVxcTNhN3VqZQ==

I was thinking the same - plus his comments about Roger learning the defence wouldn't be as relevant if they were going to play Roger on the wing, as he had already played a fair amount of wing at the Roosters (albeit a fair number of years ago now).

I think it would be more likely Ali playing wing over Roger. Woofa Woofa - what is your oil source?
Mate we are one of the player sponsors and were at training on Monday. I won't elaborate but in my opinion if team named for round 1-3 shortly barring injury RTS be on wing with plan to move him in later once up to speed. Nothings 100% but it would be likely.

Back