Support/Announcement iPhone App

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Does this site have an app?
No mate. The site is fully responsive which allows you the full functionality whether using the desktop, tablet or smartphone though.

We did have tapatalk enabled on the site which allowed you to see posts on here, but the rest of the functionality of the site ie gallery, player profiles, stats, tipping/betting comps could not be used. Due to the amount of bugs associated with the app, we got rid of it as it was allowing too many spammers to get through the app too.

If you want to get notifications(from this site) on your smartphone/desktop, you definitely can achieve that via an app you can buy called pushover. If anyone does, let me know and ill show you how to set that up.

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
OK, so heres an update.

It is now possible to have the same functionality that is on this website, on an app (Iphone and Android). This means you will get notifications (which can be turned on and off based off alerts, conversations etc).

Are people still interested in something like this? If i get a fair indication that there would be a fair amount of people using it, then ill spend the 250-300 USD required to getting it done, and submitted to both the app stores before the start of season 2016. If not enough interest, sorry!

The app would be free.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Will it be a Tapatalk replacement but without being so buggy? I actually loved that app and would be keen for something like it to use for this forum. I find using my phone to access this site hard work and tend to post and visit less...

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Will it be a Tapatalk replacement but without being so buggy? I actually loved that app and would be keen for something like it to use for this forum. I find using my phone to access this site hard work and tend to post and visit less...
Tapatalk was a piece of crap, with lots of security loopholes, that the developers ignored to fix. They would send a huge amount of spammers to the site everyday. The features though, especially forum- side were good.

The app would be very similar to what the site looks like on a web browser on the phone, with the addition of notifications/alerts.

KingBubz

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I for one would definitely be keen on an android app if one became available. Would have no issues paying a few dollars for it if it came to it. Hopefully there's a fair amount of interest in this...

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2014
YES - something I'd definitely use. Would be much easier to navigate through and app as opposed to these stupid phone browsers. Hopefully something that can happen moving forward. Would be happy to pay a small fee to use as well.

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Do i hear a sixer???

Nah itll be free, to get more warriors fans to download and therefore view and visit the site.

A few of you guys have mentioned its hard to navigate, hard to post on phone browsers. Can i get some details please? Screenshots perhaps? What exactly as changes will need to be made for the mobile view on browser for the app to inherit otherwise itll just be a glorified web browser app with notifications.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
I've noticed that I have to double tap on links to open them on my iPad now. Pretty sure it didn't used to be this way. Just checked some other webpages and don't seem to have to double tap... Or is it just me??

Edit using iOS 9.1

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I've noticed that I have to double tap on links to open them on my iPad now. Pretty sure it didn't used to be this way. Just checked some other webpages and don't seem to have to double tap... Or is it just me??

Edit using iOS 9.1
You're not alone - I've noticed the same thing since the latest iPad update.

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

Edit using iOS 9.1
You're not alone - I've noticed the same thing since the latest iPad update.
Can either of you or someone else that had this issue please test now and let me know via PM whether its still happening or not please?

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Can either of you or someone else that had this issue please test now and let me know via PM whether its still happening or not please?
Currently at hospital (my mother decided to copy Humpty Dumpty and have a great fall!!) so I'll have a look at the iPad when back home. She's gotten slightly confused with her birthday and telling the staff she was born in 1825 - what's a hundred years while it seems like an eternity waiting to get an X-ray done :)

• Haha
Reactions: brightman

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Do i hear a sixer???

Nah itll be free, to get more warriors fans to download and therefore view and visit the site.

A few of you guys have mentioned its hard to navigate, hard to post on phone browsers. Can i get some details please? Screenshots perhaps? What exactly as changes will need to be made for the mobile view on browser for the app to inherit otherwise itll just be a glorified web browser app with notifications.

I have no issues on my Galaxy S5 at all. Can view everything as per the browser on the comp (except the drop downs aren't as long due to screen size).

Reactions: tajhay

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.0 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 22 ratings