General Invite Australians To The Itm Cup

BiggerD

BiggerD

Aussie Rugby Union is in a bit of the Doledrums

In fact some Talkback spruikers are still blaming Robbie Deans
for their poor showing against NZ and SA.

NZ is the Rugby Union Mecca. Thats my own opinion btw.

Australian Rugby Union is mainly played by Private Schools and Universitity's.

I fact this years Shute Sheild Grand Final was mainly made up of Super 12 Warrahatahs
who blitzed the opposition.

NZ is so tough in Rugby Union now
Please give a helping hand to our Aussie Cuzzies
and import 1 or 2 of them per team , maybe.

Reactions: 1 user
BiggerD

BiggerD

P.s

The Aussies do not need a NZ club like the Warriors in the NRL
They could easily go with the North Sydney Bears from Gosford

The Aussies have helped us in Rugby League.

Let us Kiwis give them a helping hand in Union.
Perhaps a Sydney ITM cup Team??

I used to wear pyjamas which had all the Rugby Unions teams on them.
The :ALL BLACKS, WALLABIES< SPRINGBOKS, PUMAS FRANCE & LIONS

I will never forget my PJ's when I was 7

Last edited:
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

I thought that the Super 15 was the international festival of gayness?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Aussies play in the ITM cup now, Thats' fine for me, Logistics are the problem. Flying squads to Aus, will NZRFU pick up tab?. Especially when they are down grading it (big mistake) just like they did club rugby.

Jethro

Aussies play in the ITM cup now, Thats' fine for me, Logistics are the problem. Flying squads to Aus, will NZRFU pick up tab?. Especially when they are down grading it (big mistake) just like they did club rugby.

Problem with the NZRU is they never bother looking at the overall picture. Crowds are down in the major centers (Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Dunedin) but were picking up in the Heartland with an increasing number of unions showing a profit. Naturally the NZRU changed the comp to make it the shambles it is today :(

Yeap quite a few Aussies playing for various teams, which is fine, having Aussie teams in the comp is another matter.

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

I don't agree with an aussie team in the ITM cup. It's not our fault that the ITM is one of the best club competitions in the world. Aussie have their own comp, and it's their fault that it's not the same standard. It never was. Aussies have too much sport to contend with, which is why Rugby isn't the number one sport over there. Yeah okay it's cool having aussie players playing for clubs in the ITM Cup that's okay. But not a team.

Yes the NRL helped us by getting the Warriors into the NRL. Because it's their national game, and they want to see it strong over here.

Don't blame Robbie Deans. He's not the only one at fault.

Plenty of other coaches who weren't up to international standard, neither are some of their players.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Of course you are not obliged to read em, the thread title would clearly indicate it's about rugby ....

Dude bad attitude if you want this site to grow, that's simply off putting for a lot of us who have zero problems with either form of the game.
You'll have to forgive him. On the plus side Lord Chowick is the worse of the lot so you wont be getting pestered by anyone else to the same level of bluntness.

Welcome anyway Jethro...

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
2 minds about this Aus has helped us out ALOT with teams in the NRL,ANBL and A-League so we probably should reciprocate where we are stronger, however we probably already have this covered with Super rugby so I dont know how having an ITM cup side would help either side as travel costs would cripple the smaller unions.
Another point would be the make up if the team, most ABs generally dont play in the ITM cup so if Wallabies were to play its not exactly blooding new players that is needed, whereas if they went with amateur players then its not a product most would want to see (see crowds in Sydney as it is) plus they have 5 sides already in super rugby to do this I dont see how an itm cup side would benefit anybody. I thinj theyre probably better off with their NRC theyre trying to get up and running.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

You'll have to forgive him. On the plus side Lord Chowick is the worse of the lot so you wont be getting pestered by anyone else to the same level of bluntness.

Welcome anyway Jethro...

I am not homophobic - I just don't want them spreading their gayness on a straight site.

Reactions: 2 users