General International Cricket

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
International Cricket

icc-cricket-1.png

A thread for all cricket talk except the Black Caps who have their own thread...

https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/black-caps

--------------------------------------------------------------
Just watched the Bancroft and Steve Smith press conference. Smith is in big trouble imho, looks like Bancroft as the youngster has been set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Danpatmac

The Aussies may have found the line they wouldnt cross. Pack of hypocrites
What has always fucked me off about this 'we don't cross the line' bullshit is that the Australians feel they have the right to decide where the line is in the first place. The sledging 'it's just part of the game' - well only since you decided it was part of the game.
Throw the book at them.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched the Bancroft and Steve Smith press conference. Smith is in big trouble imho, looks like Bancroft as the youngster has been set up.
Bancroft isn't new to this. Got caught putting sugar in his pockets one test match. They aren't sorry for doing it, they are sorry they got caught.

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Smith is great player but a little s**t imho. Him and Warner are out of control. Trouble against the South Africans and the headbutt incident with Bairstow, who is a decent lad imho, was out of order.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
What has always fucked me off about this 'we don't cross the line' bullshit is that the Australians feel they have the right to decide where the line is in the first place. The sledging 'it's just part of the game' - well only since you decided it was part of the game.
Throw the book at them.
And the line keeps moving. Sledging done properly has humour it is not constant obscene personal abuse. I dont agreee with using Warners Wife but if you throw shit some will bounce back.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Aussie Management must be looked at as well. Lehman isnt called 'Boof' for no reason I believe

NZ and England have been playing close hard fought games. No doubt some comments were made but you dont need abuse to play any sport well.

Funny how it is always the Aussies involved.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
It works. That's like saying taping up half a tennis ball has no effect

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
not Black Caps but topical with the events of the past few days....

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
It works. That's like saying taping up half a tennis ball has no effect
It works if you take sandpaper to it, dirt on sticky tape, he could’ve been Rubbing away for a session and half before he got anywhere

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
It works if you take sandpaper to it, dirt on sticky tape, he could’ve been Rubbing away for a session and half before he got anywhere
apologies, I thought you meant scuffing up half the ball doesnt work.

I also dont believe it was just some tape. More likely it was a little square of sandpaper.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
apologies, I thought you meant scuffing up half the ball doesnt work.

I also dont believe it was just some tape. More likely it was a little square of sandpaper.
It’s all so hilarious, trying to be sneaky about it cos the camera wouldn’t be on him, hiding it down his trousers, amazing stuff

Last edited:
Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So I see dumb, dumber, and dumbest are looking at recieving 1 year bans from CA. Still find it hard to believe they we're the only 3 involved (especially after Smith already said it was the leadership group who came up with the plan) Hazelwood and Starc being part of that group. Not to mention as a bowler you'd think you'd notice a faster than normal deteriorating ball. Looks like their giving coach Lehman a free pass as well. The dude looked guilty as sin on the footage. Hard to prove I suppose.

That said a 1 year ban is quite significant for this, especially since other cricket boards have done absolutely nothing to previous offenders. Had to I guess once aussie sponsers started making noises. Warner's already lost one of his (couldn't happen to a nicer guy). Hopefully this whole thing has put everyone on notice on a practice that goes on everywhere yet no one will admit it. Lovin it was the Aussie's that got caught lol

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've played cricket for a long time, there is no way on this earth the bowlers would not have noticed the deterioration of one side of the ball so quickly.....

This is common gripe amongst club cricketers. They cheaper balls lose shine and shape very quickly.

Test match bowlers would ALWAYS notice the condition of the ball, and comment if there was an issue.

More than three people would be involved.

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So I see dumb, dumber, and dumbest are looking at recieving 1 year bans from CA. Still find it hard to believe they we're the only 3 involved (especially after Smith already said it was the leadership group who came up with the plan) Hazelwood and Starc being part of that group. Not to mention as a bowler you'd think you'd notice a faster than normal deteriorating ball. Looks like their giving coach Lehman a free pass as well. The dude looked guilty as sin on the footage. Hard to prove I suppose.

That said a 1 year ban is quite significant for this, especially since other cricket boards have done absolutely nothing to previous offenders. Had to I guess once aussie sponsers started making noises. Warner's already lost one of his (couldn't happen to a nicer guy). Hopefully this whole thing has put everyone on notice on a practice that goes on everywhere yet no one will admit it. Lovin it was the Aussie's that got caught lol
Not only that but if you have Bancroft given the job of scuffing the ball, surely the other fielders have to be in on it to ensure Bancroft gets the ball during the bowlers walk back.

There are rumours flying about that Warner has gone rogue and may grass a few other players up. I'm struggling to believe Lehmann new nothing about this either

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not only that but if you have Bancroft given the job of scuffing the ball, surely the other fielders have to be in on it to ensure Bancroft gets the ball during the bowlers walk back.

There are rumours flying about that Warner has gone rogue and may grass a few other players up. I'm struggling to believe Lehmann new nothing about this either
Should have fallen on his sword regardless. Overseen a team who standards and behaviour are abysmally shocking and even encouraged players on their boofhead behaviour ( his nickname isnt boof for nothing I suppose).

Then again who actually believes it was their first time doing it also? First time caught maybe.

Reaction score
Raw Power

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looks like their giving coach Lehman a free pass as well. The dude looked guilty as sin on the footage. Hard to prove I suppose.

I agree... also, what got me is that Lehman never fronted with his Captain and Player after the days play, to at least be there to say that this is not on or something!
... and no-one heard anything from him at ALL for days. You would think as Coach he would have come forward to condemn the cheating act.

Now we know that it was sandpaper and not sticky tape... what else are they lying about?

Reaction score
Raw Power

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Interesting Brad Hogg has just been on Sky Sports News saying there is one team that is setting the standards for International Cricket... New Zealand!

Top Bottom