Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Proud of the boys effort... With such a stacked team we were always going to be up against it, instead normal transmission resumes and the refs kill any chance of an even competion. The Panthers and Broncs deserve to meet in the GF they have been head and shoulder above the pack this year but after that game I am confident we were the third best team in 2023. It will be an interesting off season. Go the webolution!

I think you have to factor in that we are a couple of years behind the other teams in terms of our backups - ie Knock On Effect Club, Jersey Flegg etc etc.

Teams know how to handle players being out through Origin period because it's happened for several seasons (Panthers, Broncos, Storm) and because those backup players have been in the Knock On Effect Cup/Hostplus Cup so are up to the challange in terms of match fitness and readiness if not as quite as much in terms of NRL quality, which may or may not come given enough time.

How many of our reserve players over the last couple of seasons got their "readiness" through purely training and maybe the Dolphins picking them on Week 2 and then maybe Week 6 rather than, if the Warriors had been running their reserve teams, regularly?

But it sure feels better feeling a bit miserable and despondant over a Preliminary Final loss over what we normally end up feeling miserable and despondant over, yeah?

If Andrew Webster is smart he would take a contract with a Sydney club asap
He's done that already. Jumping to a Sydney based club has too many political issues, power playing boards, media spotlight and a smaller a feeder network.

He has a massive future here because he will be able to build a Penrith catching and surpassing club empire as the club's junior ranks are built for success.

Imagine if in 2015 when Payne Haas was contracted to the team, we had the structures and capacity to keep him and develop like we will with the future players. This is a prime position he is in here. He'd be a fool to jump.

NRL always try to avoid controversial stuff on their website. Absolute howler that call.

I don't buy in that it changed the momentum of the game. I still don't see a way for the Warriors to win last night with Brisbane starting to fire when they did. But alas, I'm sure plenty of you will want to see a team win 3 in a row because of it.

Hell of a season guys, I can't wait to see what happens next year with the Warriors. You have a premiership window opening I reckon.
Yeah mate it probably doesn't change the result but perhaps makes it a better contest. It is what it is.

On another note, I'm in envy of your forward pack.. speed power stamina and skill. Carrigan is the best forward in the world imo. Great bench too. What a battle it'll be next week, backing you boys to give it to the riff

Reckon panthers will smash them.

The Broncos are no chance, they will come up against the same refereeing the Warriors copped against the pets and they will have forty put on them.

I am teetering towards a salty jump on the Panthers wagon but I don't like them either, still, I will laugh my arse off when the Panthers throw forward passes galore on the Donkeys and the Panthers hit them about the head for no calls.

Also gonna be funny seeing Broncos binned for sneezing on the Chin Emperor of the Panthers.

Had to cop a bit of sledging from some bronco friends overnight and while they both agreed we got the rough end of the pineapple from the officials, I also had to concede they were the better team on the night.
I was expecting them to play that high risk style but wasn’t expecting every farking offload to come off for them- it was just their night.
I said before the finals started I was at ease with whatever happened in the next few weeks and I’m sticking by that- it was an incredible season and really came outta no where.
Sj winning the dally m would be the cherry on top and next best thing to making the gf for me.

1695528023959.png

The gameday thread. So much emotion

Good read until about pg25 before spiralling downhill to a bottomless pit… 😂

Thanks for the vibes and good laughs everyone.

Back