Where will the Warriors finish in 2024?

• 1-2

• 3-4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-12

• 13-17

Results are only viewable after voting.
Will sure to be a lot of over-reactions here, at least for a few days, but I’ve been feeling a 5th/6th place finish next season for a few weeks now.

I think teams will figure us out a bit, but the addition of RTS and an extra preseason with Webby means we won’t fall like the Cows did after they shot up from 15th to top 4. (Not the best example, Webby has a much more sustainable approach than Payton)

Not because of his game tonight but Pompey will drop down the rotation, with Berry first choice on the right, RTS on the left. Pompey will only come in for injuries, and even then that is only if Webby thinks Ali needs more time.

Can’t wait for 24, after all.. next year is our year ;)

Top 2

997bd189-7eea-4e9f-b31a-69ef2fd5c2fc_text.gif

Thoughts

1) Need another prop beast, we lost the rucks albeit Broncos were lying all over us, and we had trouble containing Solomona earlier in the year too

2) Lock up the offloads, Knights did it last week too

3) Need to work on scramble D against a fast team like this, especially if they’re offloading

4) Depth for injuries, hope CHT stays fit and aim to raise his game close to CNK, Egan (or Lussick needs to lift too) for mid game and mid season momentum

5) Pompey and Ford were found out clearly, they will be better for this experience, though maybe as back up depth??

6) Attack looked fine, Metcalf still to come back, he probably will be able to develop into a serious game manager by last part of next season, and be SJ’s backup, Volkman might be further down the rank?

We will get Roger back who will create some more tries too, probably can cover someone like Walsh better with his initial 10m pace?

Berry is growing really well, he and Ali will share the workload so we’ll only get better in that position

I just think if we can get another gun prop or develop a big bro from the juniors, what if AFB goes down? Also Barnett at 11 trim some weighed down with his offload game and then 2 big gun props, Ford as depth for second rowers

PS - they can play around with Metcalf as 14 and see how it compares to CHT, something Webby can try next year

We are due a break from our twenty year injury curse.

I get the feeling Andrew Webster having delivered this year and secured a job for life will bring in a couple of new kids next season to enliven his pack, that would be Ali, and a Prop forward that kills it in preseason.

RTS will give the Warriors edge to edge threat and see our Trys trebble and more on the left,

Next year Nathan Cleary, Reece Walsh, Adam Reynolds, Payne Haas could all blow a knee and be gone for the season.

I chose a second place finish for us, if Injuries are kind to the Warriors and land our misery on this years Grand finalists we will mop the floor.

Seriously does anyone know if we have another good young and upcoming halfback in the lower grades that can step up to first grade in 2025 and beyond ? Once SJ retires at the end of 2024, we gonna need a replacement half. You cannot win a premiership without a good halfback.

Seriously does anyone know if we have another good young and upcoming halfback in the lower grades that can step up to first grade in 2025 and beyond ? Once SJ retires at the end of 2024, we gonna need a replacement half. You cannot win a premiership without a good halfback.
This might be ages away but I heard Jett Cleary (Nathan's brother) signed a developmental contract with the warriors. Not sure if its true or not it was a rumour it awhile back.

(Another) Break out season for Metcalf next year - full healthy year to run rampant. We need a speedster. Watching Walsh tonight, his speed alone created holes, and Metcalf has that, maybe not as fast but fast enough to create havoc, dude was pivitol in our success.

We backed our defense this year, but as tonight and against the panthers in the 1st week of finals proved (and ks pretty obvious) but getting back 10 takes longer than a quick play the ball.

Feel like pre season focus should be below;

Keep the defence regime and wrestling with Kai Kara-France for defence.

Work on fitness. Speed up our ruck speed, and also getting back 10.

Our combos are good, but we got torn to peices by offloads tonight, Warriors of 2002 would have a field day in this era, i'd put a focul point on learning when to offload, but more so mentally being in a position to expect it, the whole team. When we did offload, it felt as if it wasnt expected and the player recieving just took another 10m hit up.

We need to look at life post SJ, we cant leave that too late.

Ensure we keep our confidence, seems to be we make the finals, then a drop off for a few years.

(Another) Break out season for Metcalf next year - full healthy year to run rampant. We need a speedster. Watching Walsh tonight, his speed alone created holes, and Metcalf has that, maybe not as fast but fast enough to create havoc, dude was pivitol in our success.

We backed our defense this year, but as tonight and against the panthers in the 1st week of finals proved (and ks pretty obvious) but getting back 10 takes longer than a quick play the ball.

Feel like pre season focus should be below;

Keep the defence regime and wrestling with Kai Kara-France for defence.

Work on fitness. Speed up our ruck speed, and also getting back 10.

Our combos are good, but we got torn to peices by offloads tonight, Warriors of 2002 would have a field day in this era, i'd put a focul point on learning when to offload, but more so mentally being in a position to expect it, the whole team. When we did offload, it felt as if it wasnt expected and the player recieving just took another 10m hit up.

We need to look at life post SJ, we cant leave that too late.

Ensure we keep our confidence, seems to be we make the finals, then a drop off for a few yeLosin
Losing Metcalf was huge, he worked great with Shaun, however he also played on the left edge and was often a liability on defence. I think CHT would get the nod over Metcalf next season

As an off season discussion though, when it comes to the game of league itself and rules etc, id like to see some changes.

In air challenges - like fuck me if theres 2 or 3 people in the air competing for the ball, wherever the ball ends up if not caught, can it just be play on when it comes to tries or whatever. Theres hands all over the place. Fuck the whole "blah blah went up for the ball, it's touched his hand and travelled forward into blah blahs chest, resulting in a knock on". & No set restart, just fucksakes if the attacking team ends up with it, its still the last.

knock ons - so swear to god nothing pisses me off more than something being called back because of a 1mm "bobble" from bicep or shoulder to hands, or from hands to the oppositions chest... Its a contact sport ffs. I'd be happy if it was just straight up ball to ground whilst not an attempted pass/offload is the only knock on, unless it literally travels forward on the ground when passing/offloading. But a damn bobble... spare it.

Double movement - get rid of it, fuck if you get over the line, you get over the line, thats the main point of the game, until held is called, and the refs should be on a mic so their calls are heard.

The bunker should be able to pick up on anything the refs miss during general play.

Players that stay down, need to go off for a period, HIA, off field injury assesment etc, Just to stop the whole staying down to get a penalty... then getting straight back up once its called bullshit. Seriously, if it didnt hurt, was it really that bad.

Forward passes, if union can do it... hello bunker.

Refs. About time they be held accountable with post match interviews and fines all based on and around consistancy and accuracy. Week in week oit, regardless of the ref, If one players sent off for something, and the other or another team does the same and isnt.... finnnned. Coaches, players get sacked. Refs should be no different.

They need to clarify the stripping motion/hand on the ball in the ruck/tackle too, compared to going in to make a tackle. Cant even believe i have to raise this as any stripping motion is a strip, but too many times this has gone against teams this year.

6 agains, i'd scrap it, bring back the original game. i'm not exactly against it really, but i hate that those calls cant be challenged.

5 players on the bench and an 19th man.

Just some thoughts to make the game (sorry trump) great again, i think some can set standards and remove alot of dubious calls in the game.

As an off season discussion though, when it comes to the game of league itself and rules etc, id like to see some changes.

In air challenges - like fuck me if theres 2 or 3 people in the air competing for the ball, wherever the ball ends up if not caught, can it just be play on when it comes to tries or whatever. Theres hands all over the place. Fuck the whole "blah blah went up for the ball, it's touched his hand and travelled forward into blah blahs chest, resulting in a knock on". & No set restart, just fucksakes if the attacking team ends up with it, its still the last.

knock ons - so swear to god nothing pisses me off more than something being called back because of a 1mm "bobble" from bicep or shoulder to hands, or from hands to the oppositions chest... Its a contact sport ffs. I'd be happy if it was just straight up ball to ground whilst not an attempted pass/offload is the only knock on, unless it literally travels forward on the ground when passing/offloading. But a damn bobble... spare it.

Double movement - get rid of it, fuck if you get over the line, you get over the line, thats the main point of the game, until held is called, and the refs should be on a mic so their calls are heard.

The bunker should be able to pick up on anything the refs miss during general play.

Players that stay down, need to go off for a period, HIA, off field injury assesment etc, Just to stop the whole staying down to get a penalty... then getting straight back up once its called bullshit. Seriously, if it didnt hurt, was it really that bad.

Forward passes, if union can do it... hello bunker.

Refs. About time they be held accountable with post match interviews and fines all based on and around consistancy and accuracy. Week in week oit, regardless of the ref, If one players sent off for something, and the other or another team does the same and isnt.... finnnned. Coaches, players get sacked. Refs should be no different.

They need to clarify the stripping motion/hand on the ball in the ruck/tackle too, compared to going in to make a tackle. Cant even believe i have to raise this as any stripping motion is a strip, but too many times this has gone against teams this year.

6 agains, i'd scrap it, bring back the original game. i'm not exactly against it really, but i hate that those calls cant be challenged.

5 players on the bench and an 19th man.

Just some thoughts to make the game (sorry trump) great again, i think some can set standards and remove alot of dubious calls in the game.
The game has changed so much I honestly doesn't see them reverting back to the original game. I do hope the NRL seriously does something around referee performances and such. I get their human and they make mistakes and often in bad positions, but its inexcusable the bunker misses out the forward pass from Walsh after seeing the sequence leading up to the try. If they don't do anything about this then more fans will walk away from the game as the integrity falls apart. But I guess thats sport these days. I'm pretty invested in the NBA and these terrible calls are unfortunately part of the norm and often look very much like "rigging".

Would love to hear thoughts on what reggies will force their way in

Ali
Going
Roache
Zion
Demitric

Anyone got any of these guys playing more than 10 games?

Ale - where does he fit next year?

Anyone else coming through that might be ready. Maybe a real youngster that gets his 1 cap like a few this year, Halasima maybe?

Back