Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Warriors will be doing well to come out on top in this game I think. Result doesn't really worry me. More interested in how RTS goes and if he is playing left or right. How Metcalf goes at 7 organizing, directing the team around and his distribution. How CHT performs at 6, how rusty he is and if him and Metcalf swap over roles at some point in the game for Webster to evaluate. A few other little things I want to watch for but those are the main ones.
I don't care if we lose but I will be worried if we lose by 30 points.
I certainly don't want to see us busting a gut trying to win. That $100,000 can go jump in the lake.

My things I am watching for are

1) Zyon Maiu’u - is he actually good - can he bend the line or is yet another Warriors prop who is 105kgs and stocky and cannon fodder for tacklers at first grade level.
2) Setu Tu - how fast is he
3) Who kicks the conversions
4) What speed Metcalf runs at
5) Metcalf's defence now he is 5kgs heavier
6) RTS's defence. I don't care how he goes on offence. Just want to see how he spot tackles.

Game time in 3 hours and twenty minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What side that Ford & Halasima play today will be interesting. Many predict Capewell will be on the left come Rd 1 because that's where he's played most recently but he did spend time outside SJ on the right at the Sharks. Everyone knows Ford had a mortgage on our left side in 2023 & Halasima predominantly played left edge last season too.

Warriors will be doing well to come out on top in this game I think. Result doesn't really worry me. More interested in how RTS goes and if he is playing left or right. How Metcalf goes at 7 organizing, directing the team around and his distribution. How CHT performs at 6, how rusty he is and if him and Metcalf swap over roles at some point in the game for Webster to evaluate. A few other little things I want to watch for but those are the main ones.
Yep, can't see us doing too much against that pack and spine may struggle without a solid platform. But it won't be on for the whole game I'd expect

See how we go

Your right, results don't matter, but you do want to see how they have responded to pre season. Remembering last seasons trial against the Tigers, we looked good in what we were trying to achieve.

Just want no injuries, I think the young guys roles will be simple and clear. I'm expecting us to match it with the Tigers.

Your right, results don't matter, but you do want to see how they have responded to pre season. Remembering last seasons trial against the Tigers, we looked good in what we were trying to achieve.

Just want no injuries, I think the young guys roles will be simple and clear. I'm expecting us to match it with the Tigers.
I take no notice of trial results just the individual performances.
Don't even like having a punt until teams settle into the season.
Takes 5/6 rounds imo

Don't think I've ever been so nervous for a Wah's game since '95.

Just want to see the results of pre season and if any combos are forming. Especially how RTS fits back in

Most importantly, no injuries
Got no nerves at all.

Funny how that works. I get nervous before games, just not this one for some weird reason.

We are not much chance of winning, not expecting some Webster miracle here, where the guys all come out and play like they are a cohesive unit, we rarely even see that with the top side this time of the season.

Tigers are strong today, we are a NSW line up that is gonna give some first graders a run in NSW cup is how it feels to me...except we are playing an NRL team.

I think the game will likely feel a bit stink, a bit flat, a bit of a let down if people are expecting the Warriors Reggies to suddenly look NRL sharp.

Still, you never know, might pull off a miracle here.

I think we will hit it up one out over and over and have some mixed bag kicks on the end of that and spend most of the game on defence.

I see they are going to announce something at today’s game about a bid for a South Island team in the nrl. Sounds like there could be a Hollywood star backing them? Wonder if a region like Canterbury would amalgamate with the north Sydney bears, who want to return to the nrl? They have the same colours at least.
Have seen this article a few time in the Press, it apares to behind a paywall. Can anyone please elaborate?

Got no nerves at all.

Funny how that works. I get nervous before games, just not this one for some weird reason.

We are not much chance of winning, not expecting some Webster miracle here, where the guys all come out and play like they are a cohesive unit, we rarely even see that with the top side this time of the season.

Tigers are strong today, we are a NSW line up that is gonna give some first graders a run in NSW cup is how it feels to me...except we are playing an NRL team.

I think the game will likely feel a bit stink, a bit flat, a bit of a let down if people are expecting the Warriors Reggies to suddenly look NRL sharp.

Still, you never know, might pull off a miracle here.
i think you’re mostly right, i expect much the same, but also a bit of wow thrown in. both centers should be a good watch, and the halves (i expect they’ll swap over at some point) are both more than good enough to be getting some shape going down those channels.

as for the forwards? who knows. i expect warriors to win though.

Back