Support/Announcement Increase number of threads on front page

jahc_old

Increase it from 10 to maybe 15 or 20.

Interesting topics get scrolled away too fast here, and then you gotta go looking for them.

Northern_Union

I agree with Jahc, i always look at the new posts on the front page and can offen miss a good thread because it's been moved down the list with the threads or posts. However, without sounding mean, with no Skinny now meaningless threads wont be so prominent.

IanS_old

I've had a quick look through the admin options to try and do this but I'm not sure where to look. It looks like it should be easy to do......for someone who knows exactly what to look for.

I hope this makes sense.

jahc_old

I've had a quick look through the admin options to try and do this but I'm not sure where to look. It looks like it should be easy to do......for someone who knows exactly what to look for.

I hope this makes sense.

I wouldn't know sorry.. maybe the person who maintains the source code for the site can search the code for "10" and replace it with "20" :)

Tajhay_old

there is probably something in the script that determines the number of articles that are automatically posted in the main page...

Spence_old

It took me a little while to find it too. I was quite pleased. Not as pleased as when I found the new posts in a thread button. I used to have to click on the thread and search for posts I hadn't read.

Any other little quirks people have found?

blain91_old

I agree with Jahc, i always look at the new posts on the front page and can offen miss a good thread because it's been moved down the list with the threads or posts. However, without sounding mean, with no Skinny now meaningless threads wont be so prominent.

i thought skinny came back? lol, i guess no one knows with that one.

Spence_old

Her account is deleted now, so I think it is safe to say she is gone.

Jesbass_old

Increase it from 10 to maybe 15 or 20.

Interesting topics get scrolled away too fast here, and then you gotta go looking for them.

At one point it was 5. Almost all of them were spammed from the pub overnight.

EF is the man to refer to on this one, (as usual).

Jesbass_old

One can always push the "new posts" button?

When I came here, Tony Kemp was coach, Daniel Anderson had been coach only a few months earlier, Stacey was still here before going away, we'd just evaded a wooden spoon finish...and that's the first I've known about that button. Cheers!