Internationals If Webby got injured ....

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

MiXmasterreece_old

If webby had got injured earlier this year who do you think would of played at fullback for the kiwis ?

2big2strong_old

they would've put Ropati in again, and we would've got smacked up..again.

Jesbass_old

2black2strong said:

Again? Has Ropati already played fullback for the Kiwis? The only fullback debacle I remember was Vagana's effort a few years back.

Robster_old

I would have Luke Covell at fullback, and Ropati has played fullback for the kiwi's and was very average.

2big2strong_old

it was last years anzac test, webb was out with a bulging disc and ropati scored two tries, his defence was to be questioned though.

it is still the only test ropati has played

KeepingTheFaith_old

Ropati would have gotten the job most likely. Possibly even moving him to five eight with Vagana dropping back. Ah well doesn't matter Webb is there. Definitely got a lack of depth in the position though.

commonsense_old

i reckon they wouldve went with a couple of utilites who have played there b4.
ie motu tony or robbie paul. they arent natural fullbacks but they play a similar game to webby.

i wouldnt be too worried if webby got injured end of year. of course i would prefer webb there since he is our best option.

JonB_old

I think Ropati could become a very good Fullback. I know we are talking about the kiwi's but if I remember correctly, Ivan Cleary used to play fullback ok.

JonB_old

Sorry what i was trying to say is that Ivan is Jerome coach (long term here)and that i am sure he could teach Jerome a hell of alot about fullback.

Skinny_Ravs82

Jesbass said:
2black2strong said:

Again? Has Ropati already played fullback for the Kiwis? The only fullback debacle I remember was Vagana's effort a few years back.

Mmm yeah I remember what was said about Vagana's time there...up in Newcastle...shocking is about all one can say!