General If Sione is suspended ...

playdaball_old

Although IMO there was nothing too much in it, how would coach Cleary rework the positions?

Move Ropati to 6 and bring in Byrne?
Bring in Rovillo (sp)?
Lance to 6?
George to the bench (no match play and injured I believe)

Sione had better change his tackling technique otherwise he'll be giving away penalties all year.

Robster_old

I would have Rovelli at 7 and Fien and 6 either way , should be like that even if Sione isn't suspended.

ozbash_old

ropo at 6
byrne at 2
rovelli at 7
hohaia at 9
fein to the bench.

faumuina should never play 6 again, too excitable and is not a playmaker.

he is an excitement machine and he belongs either at center or, maybe, on the wing.

warriors4life_old

If Sione is suspended they should bring Rovelli in as five/eighth but I disagree with having Sione on the wing, he does not have enough pace and he is not experienced under the high ball, so opposition kicking players would kick to him all day.

MarkW_old

I'd say if Sione gets suspended:

Ropati to 6
Martin to 3 or 4
Byrne to 2

I think Rovelli is better coming off the bench at this stage. He looked pretty handy.

Who_Knows7_old

old kiwi said:
ropo at 6
byrne at 2
rovelli at 7
hohaia at 9
fein to the bench.

he is an excitement machine and he belongs either at center or, maybe, on the wing.

And your a muppet ! if Sione shouldnt ever play 6 again , then you should never be allowed to post here again cos you must not of watched the same game as everyone else

kiwi man_old

ropo to 6, martin to the centres and either vuna or byrne to the wing, i would prefer vuna as that boy can run, our backs lack pace, evry 1 talks of how manu is really quick... to me it just does not seem like it and martin got stood up on several occasions. vuna would bring enthousiasm, speed and some explosive power

KeepingTheFaith_old

I thought Sione was pretty good in the second half and to be fair the entire team looked pretty bad in the first half so he shouldn't be singled out. I still wouldn't mind if Sione spent maybe 20 minutes a game at lock just to allow Fien, Hohaia and Rovelli a chance to all be on the field at once. Aside from that I was fine with how Sione played.

I don't think he'll get suspended either. He got nabbed twice, but both of them were pretty harmless. If the judicary is being stricter on high tackles then he may have a problem, but my understanding is that it's just the referees who are going to be stricter around the head area. I don't think either of his tackles would have rated a mention last year, but I could be wrong.

ozbash_old

Who_Knows7 said:
old kiwi said:
ropo at 6
byrne at 2
rovelli at 7
hohaia at 9
fein to the bench.

And your a muppet ! if Sione shouldnt ever play 6 again , then you should never be allowed to post here again cos you must not of watched the same game as everyone else

ok, i,m a muppet, so instead of giving me all your well thought out reasoning why i shouldnt post here again, why dont you put whats left of your intelligence into gear and tell us all why sione should stay at #6.

i say hes too hot headed for the position.
as well as having to possess the ability to read a game, plan the odd move,decide whether to kick,run,pass he is also one of the key defenders.

sione is probably going to have to front the judiciary on a careless/reckless/high shot charge..... again.
he collared a storm player in a reflex high tackle.... again.

so come on einstein, why should he stay ?

ozbash_old

playdaball said:
Who said that Sione would go to the wing?

me.

its an option. hes quick over 40 metres (would probably give manu a decent run for his money) and he would be a handful for the opposition.

he knows the position, he seems to spend a major part of his game out wide.

he would be a better winger than martin

he would be more effective on the wing than at 5/8

he was/is a bloody good centre.

just an idea really. 8)

umosay_old

Can't believe Byrne got dropped in favour of Martin... he's showed time and time again he's f'n useless. Can't tackle, Slow, doesn't do much else - the perfect repertoire for any winger!

At least TB scored the most tries for us last year.

Who_Knows7_old

old kiwi said:
Who_Knows7 said:
old kiwi said:
ropo at 6
byrne at 2
rovelli at 7
hohaia at 9
fein to the bench.

ok, i,m a muppet, so instead of giving me all your well thought out reasoning why i shouldnt post here again, why dont you put whats left of your intelligence into gear and tell us all why sione should stay at #6.

i say hes too hot headed for the position.
as well as having to possess the ability to read a game, plan the odd move,decide whether to kick,run,pass he is also one of the key defenders.

sione is probably going to have to front the judiciary on a careless/reckless/high shot charge..... again.
he collared a storm player in a reflex high tackle.... again.

so come on einstein, why should he stay ?

You said hes better off on the wing ..\? WTF nuff said.

I dont want to waste my time responding to someone that clearly has no footy intelligence.....I have already stated many times in the past why he should be 6 ...all the regular jokers in here know ...you ...well i think you need to go back to reading "League for dummies" ...whats next ?? Price and Wiki in the halves ...Tuakura to replace webby at the back ?? really mate ...your comments are really thoughtless

ozbash_old

You said hes better off on the wing ..\? WTF nuff said.

I dont want to waste my time responding to someone that clearly has no footy intelligence.....I have already stated many times in the past why he should be 6 ...all the regular jokers in here know ...you ...well i think you need to go back to reading "League for dummies" ...whats next ?? Price and Wiki in the halves ...Tuakura to replace webby at the back ?? really mate ...your comments are really thoughtless

i didnt say he,d be better off on the wing, i suggested he try the wing instead of being out of position at #6.

so you dont want to waste your time,? i dont think your capable of wasting your time. you obviously are a keyboard cowboy who takes the easy way out and abuses instead of discusses.

a lot of "the regular jokers :lol: " in here seem to think sione might be better suited elsewhere after todays performance. so where does that leave you,,, if you try really hard (ask your mummy to help you with the big words) you might even be able to suggest half a reason why faumuina should stay at #6.
but then again, i doubt it.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

1. get a better bench
2. don't use Martin as a scapegoat, he was one of our highest point scorers and maybe nobody realised Greg Inglis was playing

Iafeta_old

I was quite happy with Sione's performance at #6. A lot of potential there.

I was happier with Sione's performance in the #6 jersey than I was with Nathan Fien in the #7 jersey. We may need to look at shifting Lance Hohaia to halfback and pushing Fien back to hooker. Nathan just doesn't seem to be able to create a try, other than from hoist 'em up knock 'em down luck bombs. I thought Sione was always looking to create options, he looked to involve his men out wide, he looked to bring men back up the inside - give him a month or so in the jersey and he'll learn WHEN to use those skills, thats the difference between a good #6 and a great one, how to use your options. He's got the skills in terms of passing and running. Certainly Faumuina using Webb in second man plays looked extremely dangerous.

Wiki_old

I was happy with Sione's performance but I'm taking it from two angles. If Sione gets suspended it opens the door for different combinations. If he doesn't get suspended I'm still happy with how he played and I reckon he will develop.

aussie_warrior_old

Sione played pretty well and will get better with more games. Also, Martin looks like our best kicker by far. If he stays on and keeps kicking well, he is probably worth his place. Probably at centre though.

Wiki_old

tripharn said:
Sione played pretty well and will get better with more games. Also, Martin looks like our best kicker by far. If he stays on and keeps kicking well, he is probably worth his place. Probably at centre though.

Agreed 100%

Utai_old

Martin will stand no chance at centre if he is against anyone strong, or anyone fast..... Its always a sad state of affairs if someone is being selected because they are a decent goal kicker.

Definately think Lance should be the half, hes alot more exciting than Fein, got a better short kicking game and running game. I think the only thing holding him back previously was he was playing in Stacey's shadow and if he didn't do what Stacey did then it was deemed he had a bad game. Sione should be his partner, if for nothing else than that we lack size in the backline. Theres no doubt hes the most creative warriors player, the only question is where it is best utlised, I feel that stand off will best allow him to express his abilities.