General If Not The Warriors........Who Then?

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
So some may say to early to call it, but my family and I have made up our minds for next season to support another club. As much as this pains us to do, we simply are far to passionate, and get way to emotional week in, and week out watching the Warriors heartless performances. We will miss following the boy's, but it really is time for a positive change.

This brings us to the question, who then? Before the warriors entered the comp, Manly was my team. Ridge, Toovey and Co were the club I followed. For some reason, I wouldn't support them now, not keen on DCE.

My question to you lot is, with 16 teams in the comp, including our beloved Warriors, who, if you had a choice, apart from the Warriors would you support.

For me, it doesn't have to be the best club at the top of the table, nor the best coach etc, it's more a club that plays with passion and pride for their jersey, and if I like one or more of the players. The Jersey IMO also plays a big part in it for me, I have to like the club colours and the jersey design.....I'm sure Mt Wellington can relate to that. :cigar:

Anyway, be honest, if you had to pick a club outside the Warriors, who would that be, and why......

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
So some may say to early to call it, but my family and I have made up our minds for next season to support another club. As much as this pains us to do, we simply are far to passionate, and get way to emotional week in, and week out watching the Warriors heartless performances. We will miss following the boy's, but it really is time for a positive change.

This brings us to the question, who then? Before the warriors entered the comp, Manly was my team. Ridge, Toovey and Co were the club I followed. For some reason, I wouldn't support them now, not keen on DCE.

My question to you lot is, with 16 teams in the comp, including our beloved Warriors, who, if you had a choice, apart from the Warriors would you support.

For me, it doesn't have to be the best club at the top of the table, nor the best coach etc, it's more a club that plays with passion and pride for their jersey, and if I like one or more of the players. The Jersey IMO also plays a big part in it for me, I have to like the club colours and the jersey design.....I'm sure Mt Wellington can relate to that. :cigar:

Anyway, be honest, if you had to pick a club outside the Warriors, who would that be, and why......
FUCK OFF THEN lol...

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane

Don't agree with you but you should email JD with your thoughts

Reactions: danyooll and bruce

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Cowboys or Raiders or Penrith.

Preferably a second NZ team.

Reactions: Sup42

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
If the Warriors suddenly went bust, I'd probably support Manly. I'd have to go for a team who wins the comp after following this bunch of fuckheads..

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
Warriors will always be my number One. I just cannot change allegiances.

However, Parramatta is my second choice team as their stadium is only a couple of Ks away.

However, I do like watching my footy at Penrith.

Reactions: FAN

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Tigers.

They have the coach we should have kept.

A good stock of kiwis and Aussies including - Taylor, Lolohea, and Mutts.. players we didn't want to keep...

They're a bit like the Aussie version of us right now - struggling to find their feet.

If they turn it around next year, I'm be intrigued and pissed off at the same time....

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Honest I think this is worse than when Watson took over.

I have followed Manly since they played in Auckland in about 1958. They have a lot of Kiwi members, even from way back then. I will wait for the Warriors to fold first, and I sort of hold hope that the NRL will intervene because they cannot afford to lose the NZ market.

With the history of Eric Watson when the shite hits the fan he will be out the door and leave the mess to somebody else.

Pretty sad really.

Reactions: Johnnyray and FAN

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014

I have followed Manly since they played in Auckland in about 1958. They have a lot of Kiwi members, even from way back then. I will wait for the Warriors to fold first, and I sort of hold hope that the NRL will intervene because they cannot afford to lose the NZ market.

With the history of Eric Watson when the shite hits the fan he will be out the door and leave the mess to somebody else.

Pretty sad really.

TBH bruce, the Warriors will always be our family team, we have been here from the very start like most on here.

League is huge in our family, I played for 13 years for the very same club, my father played, and latter coached for. So like your last comment, we all think its very sad as well, but sometimes you just need a break and a fresh start. The main reason for us is just being really down and upset after the team plays, it really does cause a few arguments within our home lol...

We will always love the club, none of us are saying F this and F that, it's just what I think we need to do as a collective for now. When my boy came home from school upset, cause he is teased for wearing warriors gear to school, and asks if we can support another team, it pulls at your heart strings a little bit.

Anyway, not at all trying to upset the forum members what so ever, no one could ever question the Warriors fans true commitment and faith, we just need to, as a family, do what's best to keep a happy environment within our home, and was just interested in fellow forum members thoughts on a second team they may follow.

Last edited:

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland

Pretty sad really.
He's still there coming on 20 years. When we do won the GF and EW is still standing, I expect to see you on your knees polishing the shoes and all!

Provided you haven't kicked the bucket old man..

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014

My other two rugby league teams outside of NZ Warriors are Gold Coast Titans and Canberra Raiders but honestly if there was another team in NRL that I would recommend somebody to support other than NZ Warriors I would say Parramatta Eels. Both have strong community following and staunch fanbase and both are powerhouse who are one missing piece away from becoming genuine premiership threat the only difference is Parramatta Eels have all their pieces together. Seriously I genuinely believe that those guys are about to become next Melbourne Storm so you're going want to support somebody else, go and support them ...

;)

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
First team I supported was the bears- couldn't support them now for obvious reasons.
Then I jumped ship to the panthers when fittler hit the scene- Can't stand Gould these days tho.
The titans would be my go to now. Live on the gc and go to a few games.

And FAN FAN i don't for one second believe you'll be supporting another team next year. Preseason will change your mind- it's gonna be the best one ever ;)

Melbourne Storm Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

13 Jun

4.3 Total Avg Rating
5.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 6 ratings