General If not SK then who

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
i am always surprised when i see people naming Nathan Brown as a potential replacement for SK.
According to this article https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/27/the-true-story-behind-browns-exit-from-newcastle/ he lost the dressing room in newcastle and walked before he was pushed. His win percentage in the last 5 years is worse than SKs at 26% and he holds the dubious distinction of owning two wooden spoons.

So the question stands who?

Nathan Brown, no thanks. The Knights have hardly been turned around, last year was pretty bad considering the roster and start they had. The roster is there, and Brown still didn't make it work. He seems like a likable guy, but that doesn't mean shit.

He would actually be a bit like Kearney 2.0, another failed NRL coach with a terrible record getting a shot. Wouldn't get me excited about the club again.

Reactions: bruce and eudebrito
Id be trying to lure Shane Flanagan he's only assistant coach at the Dragons I think & will be looking for a full time gig soon. Otherwise Anthony griffin had the Panthers in the top 4 before Gould had his own way & sacked him. Both are hard nosed Aussie coaches who the Warriors have previously done well under.

Id be trying to lure Shane Flanagan he's only assistant coach at the Dragons I think & will be looking for a full time gig soon. Otherwise Anthony griffin had the Panthers in the top 4 before Gould had his own way & sacked him. Both are hard nosed Aussie coaches who the Warriors have previously done well under.

#1 Shane Flanagan
#2 Craig Fitzgibbon

Sack the whole lot of the current coaching staff
Get rid of everyone associated with a "losing culture" (morgan,iro,stacey) target coaches who have been part of winning cultures(Storm,Sharks,Roosters,Manly) who understand how and what it takes to be successful and have proven they know how to coach (kearney should have been but has failed here and at parra and success coaching rep sides isnt an indication of coaching ability since rep teams are usually stacked) also stop hiring coaches from fox memorial to coach our 20's and ISP teams no disrespect but fox is atleast 4 levels below nrl we need professionals the best man for the job not jobs for the boys.

bruce

Contributor
So the question stands who?
Definitely not somebody called Clayton, because apart from Anderson and Cleary they have all been Claytons coaches. You are just wasting your money doing that. So what do you do...go find somebody who isn't called Clayton, and don't stop until you do.

Any aussie coach except nathan brown will do and tell.him.to bring some.assistants. we need a clean out and anyone new will create a (probably brief) period of excitement. This is the least positive I have ever felt going into a season, stopped.sky and haven't got season tickets, all I do now is come on here and moan and make shit jokes.about them. The warriors have turned me into a bitter old prick, maybe that woulda happened anyway but I am blaming them.

Like what has been said. A total clean out. If Kearney goes. Every single other coach and assistant, trainer etc must go. I want the players to have no one to suck up to. No friendships with coaches, no favourites.
I want these players to be out of their comfort zone. If they can't hack it, they leave.
I still think Toovey is a good option and someone that we could get. I don't care who really as long as they have a record of success in the NRL. I don't care who's team made them successful, I don't care about who coached that team the year before. I want someone with a record and someone who is a hard bastard.

Just don't have a coach, just have a manager who does all the coaches admin.

Let the leadership group coach the team, they do now anyway, might as well save Kearneys salary

Kearney is dog shit the only good year we had was when McFadden was assistant. McFadden is one of the best assistants in the game. Not a coincidence he goes to Canberra and they fire

There’s not an obvious choice available after Kearney, all the good NRL coaches are safe in their jobs and I expect Flanagan to get the dragons job once they finally fire Mary.

Of experienced coaches available Griffins is probably the best available. Did better than any other coach at the Broncos and Gould badly undermined him at the Panthers. 55% winning record suggests he’s a decent coach.

bruce

Contributor
Of experienced coaches available Griffins is probably the best available.
Who would he bring? He can coach no doubt, but can he attract people?
Like what has been said. A total clean out. If Kearney goes. Every single other coach and assistant, trainer etc must go. I want the players to have no one to suck up to. No friendships with coaches, no favourites.
I want these players to be out of their comfort zone. If they can't hack it, they leave.
I totally agree, but it means a total rebuild. The owners should face facts and get on with the planning. This year seems to be down the toilet before it has started. I don't know why I bought season tickets. I have some hope that the owners are doing what is required behind the scenes. They have their financial arses on the line over this.

Reactions: Worried2Death