General I started a joke.. but the joke was on me..

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
With Maloney gone at the end of the season who is going to take over goal kicking duties?
Bluey has said that kicking goals takes up to much time and that time is better utilised on scoring tries so we are going to decline the oppurtunity to convert our tries next season and just focus on the 4 pointers. tora,tora,tora!!!

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Bluey has said that kicking goals takes up to much time and that time is better utilised on scoring tries so we are going to decline the oppurtunity to convert our tries next season and just focus on the 4 pointers. tora,tora,tora!!!
I find it funny how people try to mock Blueys intelligence with posts that would be insulting to Blueys intelligence.

Also, wouldn't an attack-at-all-costs-no-defense coach rather waste time after a try, as then the opposition would have less opportunity to exploit the defence.

P.S. can someone critique my use of defence/defense? Is defense a verb and defence a noun? Or is it the same for either use and differs from US/UK?

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I find it funny how people try to mock Blueys intelligence with posts that would be insulting to Blueys intelligence.

Also, wouldn't an attack-at-all-costs-no-defense coach rather waste time after a try, as then the opposition would have less opportunity to exploit the defence.

P.S. can someone critique my use of defence/defense? Is defense a verb and defence a noun? Or is it the same for either use and differs from US/UK?
my humblest apologies but at least you found something funny. and no, an attack-at-all-costs-no-defense/defence coach wouldn't rather waste time after a try, he would rather his team got the ball back, as you do after scoring a try, and attack again, and again.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
my humblest apologies but at least you found something funny. and no, an attack-at-all-costs-no-defense/defence coach wouldn't rather waste time after a try, he would rather his team got the ball back, as you do after scoring a try, and attack again, and again.
You get the ball back after the kick anyway? Best case scenario you score on the next set - say 2 minutes? It'd take 20-30 seconds to take the conversion. So it's either 4 points in 2 minutes or the potential for 2 points within 30 seconds. I think the attacking minded coach would prefer to take the kick, on a purely points (assuming that's what the coach judges success by) based system. If he was only concerned about number of tries, then yes - I guess. However, I find that scenario so unlikely I'm not going to consider it, and I'm a pretty open minded character.