General "I hope he goes". Goodbye"

da mad maori

Brent Webb. Honestly we dont deserve him. He has had the odd off game, but as far as consistency goes, he's leaps and bounds above anybody else. You go Webb. You owe us nothing.

JonB_old

If we are to keep him we are either going to have to start winning or send him laughing all the way to the bank

Skinny_Ravs82

da mad maori said:
Brent Webb. Honestly we dont deserve him. He has had the odd off game, but as far as consistency goes, he's leaps and bounds above anybody else. You go Webb. You owe us nothing.

Something the matter DMM? Don't know why you'd be suggesting that.

KeepingTheFaith_old

I think DMM is saying that Webb deserves better than some of the performances of his teammates and there should be no hard feelings if he choses to leave because of it.

Wiki_old

What a stupid comment.

I mean honestly.

Thats like telling Johns to leave the Knights. I mean of course, Webb isn't up there with Johns and can't direct a game like him but the logic behind it is just as crazy.

Steve Price, feel free to go too. How about Wiki? Yeah, you go dude you are too good for us.

Logic people ...where has it gone?

FaithNoMore!_old

yeah webby would be a superstar in any other team..he should test the open market, titans maybe?

raypower_old

Why roll over and accept it DMM? Sure stick by the team but saying go out there you deserve a better home to our best is crazy. Why not use Webb as an example to the team of a real club player who works his butt off every week, try and do the same.

If we lose Webb and have the same feelings of resignation towards our other talent the Warriors will be just like Souths then who are a glorified turnstile for talented players. We'd just be a transit lounge for up and comers in essence which is rubbish and really there's no point in playing week in week out then.

D Generation X_old

i think he plays good i think we should leave him and train him better until he gets his best we should give him a second chance in the nz warriors thank you

raypower_old

warrior_fan said:
i think he plays good i think we should leave him and train him better until he gets his best we should give him a second chance in the nz warriors thank you

what are you talking about wf?

da mad maori

He will test the open market, and the sharks [not jaws] will be circling. Mainly because he has the ability to handle other positions other than fullback.
Right now Ray we are a transit lounge. We also are close to a retirement haven. There is abslutely nothing in between.
Our coaches are second rate. Even as we speak there is a thread going around that we need an experienced coach. We are becoming a transit lounge for them too.
Then we have a C.E.O. who to be fair, is doing all he can to right the ship, but is also new to the role.
So in total, we do not have experience on the 'top floor' who has the ability to tranfer the knowledge down onto the field.
We have lost a lot of good players, one more will leave, so accept it.

sebastian_old

da mad maori said:
He will test the open market, and the sharks [not jaws] will be circling. Mainly because he has the ability to handle other positions other than fullback.
Right now Ray we are a transit lounge. We also are close to a retirement haven. There is abslutely nothing in between.
Our coaches are second rate. Even as we speak there is a thread going around that we need an experienced coach. We are becoming a transit lounge for them too.
Then we have a C.E.O. who to be fair, is doing all he can to right the ship, but is also new to the role.
So in total, we do not have experience on the 'top floor' who has the ability to tranfer the knowledge down onto the field.
We have lost a lot of good players, one more will leave, so accept it.

So there's no hope even, If we offer him decent money you don't think he'll stay. if webb leaves next year well be alot worse than this, don't you think managment will relise this????

2big2strong_old

what i was annoyed to hear was that the warriors weren't even going to offer him another contract. (in that article of him considering Rugby Union) He approached them about re-signing before june 30 and they told him he's not at the top of their list!?!?!well then Warriors boss's, WHO IS?

I still think he's our best option at five eigth, and seeing as though Fullback is Misi Taulapapa's preferred position maybe next season we may see a switch (if we keep Webb)

He is a tru Giant among men, Wayne bennett told him at a Broncos trial that he'd never play 1st grade. Now look at him, I salute you Mr Webb

Kav_old

Misi at fullback does open up possibilities.
He has impressed with his enthusiasm and appears to have good hands too.

Ronnie_7_old

I hope for sur ethat we don't lose Webby he is a real asset to the club and would be sad to see him leave.......aye no7fan :wink:

Skinny_Ravs82

Kav said:
Misi at fullback does open up possibilities.
He has impressed with his enthusiasm and appears to have good hands too.

That's true he has impressed. Esp against the Dragons. Unlike a certain other winger out there *hint*

As for Webby thou, I'd so love for him to hang around. But as we all know people are far too obsessed with the money thing and want that more then anything

Iafeta_old

2black2strong, IIRC, the Warriors actually said they were unsure how much money they'd have under the cap with the proposed salary cap increase. Which is true. Even the Dragons have made similar comments in their negotiations with their players.

DMM, agree with you, I think this year there's Price, Tuimavave and Webb who week in, week out have stole the show for us with terrific performances. The others are either hot and cold, or just cold. Cold like dead fish in a freezer cold. I feel for Price, his captaincy reputation is falling to shreds due to some of his team-mate's sheer stupidity. Namely C Toopi.

Loyal Webby Fan_old

Yes as I said on another post ..Brent webb probably wonders what he is doing here.

I agree that he would really shine if he was in another team. He has just dip sticks around him at the Warriors.

It must be really frustrating for him here.

I heard someone speak on Deaker yesterday and suggest Price should have given Toopi an ear full after his blunders, during the game. That is during the game..as in at the time..
Price says thats not his job. What do you think. Should the captain kick arse during the game?

Iafeta_old

If its once off, no I think the captain and senior players should be encouraging the player back to full confidence.

If its a player with continual errors in them, then, yes, I think the captain should be laying the law down.

However, I think Steve Price gave Manu Vatuvei a bit of 'advice' (tongue in cheek) in the 'Gong, and I suggest the look on Awen Guttenbeil's face as Clinton Toopi cast his way back to the in goal area after El-Masri's (I think it was Hasem) try was worth a thousand words. It was very much a look of you're on the outer mate. And the coach responded in the last 10 minutes of the game by hooking him.

Steve Price talks on NRL on Fox about how its difficult to lay into the players, because the Warriors players tend to take it very badly when heavily criticised - thats what he's learnt a lot of about the end of Anderson's era and the lack of response he got from the fire and brimstone approach. So its a bob each way really, it all depends on the culture. I personally think it comes from the top down, setting realistic but challenging goals for the coach, who in turn to achieve those realistic but challenging goals sets goals for the players that are understood. Such as, less than half an error per game on average, more than 60% of territorial kicks finding terra-firma and the opposing player being tackled on play 1 within their 25 metre zone, or 50% of kicks from the 20m zone being effective, either a repeat set or a try scored. Things like that, the player can measure himself on, and if he's dropped, can understand why he's dropped and what he needs to work on. I find in my line of work, managing blue collar truck drivers, providing set goals, motivating people towards achieving those goals (showing the importance to them etc), rewarding success has brought about dramatic U-turns in my personal work section, from a militant poorly achieving group to a "team" focussed on achieving certain goals and growing forward continuously.