Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who in this are you referring to as doing things by force and too fast in this example?
Labour’s 10 commandments:

- You shall not smoke
- You shall not negotiate your own employment contract
- You shall not understand the name of government departments
- You shall not drive at the roads designed speed
- You shall not have the pain relief you want
- You shall not use any method of travel but public transport
- You shall not use gas
- You shall not have guns
- you shall not own your water
- you shall not have priority access to medicine unless your Maori

Religion do gooders try to make us better but they can piss off out of my life and stop telling me what to do as well 🤣

I could go on listing 20 more negative controlling examples, but essentially Labour isolated many people by pushing so many changes to fast while we were trying to just survive a pandemic.

Give us our freedom back National, ACT and NZ First and like with trump, the more the media targets what us fed up voters want, the more we will rally behind them 😍

Last edited:

- You shall not smoke
- You shall not use gas

Religion do gooders try to make us better but they can piss off out of my life and stop telling me what to do as well 🤣

I could go on with many more negative controlling examples, but essentially Labour isolated many people by pushing so many changes to fast while we were trying to just survive a pandemic.

Couldn’t agree with one point you listed and shows a lack of understanding as to why things like water reform are necessary among the points you listed, all of them aren’t just plucked out of the air, they’re there for better outcomes and to have their desired effect. Many european now give it a legitimate go to pronounce Maori names because of speaking the language as the departments they head. The list goes on for all your points. I really can’t put too much sense into your view as it’s so wayward, you say winston is a stain on politics only last night, now he’s going to give us our freedoms back and trump is going to do the same, another you’ve been critical of. Hard to keep up. Labour knows why they lost and are realistic about how to sort it, they aren’t going to have a high bar to climb if this government’s performance continues.

Couldn’t agree with one point you listed and shows a lack of understanding as to why things like water reform are necessary among the points you listed, all of them aren’t just plucked out of the air, they’re there for better outcomes and to have their desired effect. Many european now give it a legitimate go to pronounce Maori names because of speaking the language as the departments they head. The list goes on for all your points. I really can’t put too much sense into your view as it’s so wayward, you say winston is a stain on politics only last night, now he’s going to give us our freedoms back and trump is going to do the same, another you’ve been critical of. Hard to keep up. Labour knows why they lost and are realistic about how to sort it, they aren’t going to have a high bar to climb if this government’s performance continues.
To sum up. They are all individually good things in isolation. I agree with most of them actually individually.

But there was too much change too fast during a pandemic to the point people were fed up. Labour even acknowledged this themselves when Chippy came in.

Yet the media don’t get this. People that these didn’t affect don’t get this.

I don’t like Trump. I don’t like Peters. But they stand up to the changes and the people pushing it.

Just give us a few years to adjust post covid and the new government is allowing that and will hopefully keep progressing but at a more manageable pace.

Last edited:

- You shall not smoke
- You shall not use gas

I could go on listing 20 more negative controlling examples, but essentially Labour isolated many people by pushing so many changes to fast while we were trying to just survive a pandemic.

Give us our freedom back National, ACT and NZ First and like with trump, the more the media targets what us fed up voters want, the more we will rally behind them 😍
Is somebody on the verge of another manic episode?

This is some flex by the Māori party to quickly organise protest across the North Island on a days notice.
Doing there cause more harm than good. We had an election and nothings new to warrant this.

The Maori party tried to say democracy’s changed but they are finding out they are only a 3% party that has gone hard left and made themselves irrelevant 🤣

Now they are pounding the pavements like a toddler having a tantrum.

Waving the red flag to a bull again…

Disruption works. This govt is going to wipe hard fought gains without even analysing the policies.
Hard fought gains are made when the progress is sustainable, win/win and the people are taken with it.

Labour 2000’s - KiwiSaver; kiwi bank; working for families, etc. stuff we can all be proud of.

labour’s 2020’s legacy is being ripped up and wiped from history because they divided the country.

Doing there cause more harm than good. We had an election and nothings new to warrant this.

The Maori party tried to say democracy’s changed but they are finding out they are only a 3% party that has gone hard left and made themselves irrelevant 🤣

Now they are pounding the pavements like a toddler having a tantrum.

Waving the red flag to a bull again…
Irrelevant? Hard left? Lol. Let's see how this plays out.

Not our first award here before but the first this early in the summit. Not many good headlines for luxon and the new government currently and worse it sounds like he’s got a leaker in the mix.
Hard fought gains are made when the progress is sustainable, win/win and the people are taken with it.

Labour 2000’s - KiwiSaver; kiwi bank; working for families, etc

labour’s 2020’s legacy is being ripped up and wiped from history because they divided the country.
There's a new protest as we speak.
You might want to ignore the fact

There's a new protest as we speak.
You might want to ignore the fact
So much crying wolf out there I’ve zoned out… 🤣

Haven’t seen any of it but let me guess:

Poor me, Nationals evil; white colonisers are to blame for everything. We need to claim (_______) to make us feel better. We’re going to have more poverty. The changes impact Maori, the most, etc, etc.

Democracy has spoken 🥱

Beautiful waiata from Hana-Rawhiti Maipi-Clarke at her swearing in.

So much crying wolf out there I’ve zoned out… 🤣

Haven’t seen any of it but let me guess:

Poor me, Nationals evil; white colonisers are to blame for everything. We need to claim (_______) to make us feel better. We’re going to have more poverty. The changes impact Maori, the most, etc, etc.

Democracy has spoken 🥱
Are you not even slightly embarrassed to post this after literally years of posting hysterical ranting about the government?

You're a special one and not in a good way.

We get incoming governments making changes quickly to look good and appear that they are taking action. It's typically undoing things from the previous government. Some work some don't. Both sides do it.

Labour's anti-smoking had flaws but I'm not sure if changing it should have been a high priority until you've either changed it or got something to replace it with.

The changing of the various ministry or department names is another one. It will cost a lot to re-brand etc. To me this is something that could have been left as is. Chances are the next time Labour come in they will change them back and here we go again. Earlier in my working life I was working at a large global company. The company would get brought/sold or rebranded every so often. One day I see quite a few people getting rid of the old branding and ready to replace it. To me it would have made more sense to keep it for either internal use or until it had run out. Surely in New Zealand we could have got away with it for a few weeks.

Greta hasn't even said anything yet.
Good, she is probably too busy going through her post history and seeing if there are more old posts that she needs to delete. The fact we have had world leaders having to debate with her or justify their climate action to her is crazy.

Do we need to look after the planet? Yes as it is the one we are living on and it's not like we have the technology to move like on a sci-fi movie. It is also the same with your body as it is the only one you have. Yet we still have people not looking after their health. You can argue the increase in obesity wouldn't just affect health care. It is more food that needs to be consumed which also means heavier people getting moved around on the various types of transport.

We also need to balance people having employment and being able to live.

Everyone love modern technology. It isn't great for the environment. I had a week this year where I spent a solid 4 hours unpacking boxes and dumping a lot straight into the bin. Sure there was some recyclable stuff but the is a lot of packaging and parts that just get dumped. If you store something in the Cloud it isn't stored in the sky it's stored in a data centre somewhere. To get the availability everyone is used to involves a lot.

If you ask some of these climate activists how long the world has. It was 5 years 10 years ago.

View: https://youtu.be/fcTpFru3vYs

Did you also disagree with the policy to try address health inequities in rural communities?
received_697614912081456.jpeg

Back