General How Will Coronavirus Affect the NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
It’ll probably be in Sydney but it would be funny to base themselves in Perth ... make the Aussie teams Travel .

Brisbane could be a good place too as a lot of Kiwis in Qld.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Let us be honest ladies and jellybeans. As soon as ONE NRL player tests positive this season is over. That is will not if. The NRL have themselves covered with an out clause in the players contracts to cover events like a pandemic. Keeping the Warriors is Oz is a good idea in the meantime. They always bring in the crowds and there is TV to think of, but this season is stuffed.

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
They always bring in the crowds and there is TV to think of, but this season is stuffed.
The Warriors are one of the lowest pulling club's in terms of crowds for other teams.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If the intelligent columnists are to be believed this corona virus and the economic meltdown are going to leave the planet in a very different place. Who know how it will turn out, but this is the start of problems for the NRL, we are nowhere near the finish

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
As much as the team was disappointing today it is a rough thing to come off the field to that you may not be going back home for the foreseeable future. The reports were sounding like management and the NRL were waiting to get more details, talk to the players. Then we hear they will be based in Australia. I know its their job but you would hope the players were posted, they have families to update. They should of been consulted. The RLPA should now be earning their money otherwise the players can rightly ask why they have been paying fees into that organisation to represent them.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Probably a more interesting question is what our roster will look like even if we do continue to play. Surely it has to be optional and an individual player decision. Wouldn't shock me if we ended up having fit players rotate in and out each week depending on various circumstances.

dantheman

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2017
What a fucking rollercoaster of a year, first it all looked like America was going to start another war and then this virus came out of nowhere. Who knows where this ends up but it definitely isn't over and I wager there are a few more twists and turns to come before things start to return to normalcy.

But at least it means we have an excuse for being shit this year and if there are no games being played, we can all have a well-earned break from watching these muppets every week (I should have stopped ages ago but I can't bring myself to do it haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

27 Sep

6.4 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 16 ratings