General How are YOU preparing for this weekends final?

What’s your hype level like currently for this game?

• Total voters

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Its a big game for the club and country this weekend.

I haven’t been this excited since....2011

Preparations so far have been modest

I’m trying to keep the hype in check

One day at a time

What’s everyone else’s prep work for the big dance on Saturday???

Trying to get a feel for everyone’s emotion here, you know....

#uptheWarriors

Reactions: Murraytd and Sup42

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Its a big game for the club and country this weekend.

I haven’t been this excited since....2011

Preparations so far have been modest

I’m trying to keep the hype in check

One day at a time

What’s everyone else’s prep work for the big dance on Saturday???

Trying to get a feel for everyone’s emotion here, you know....

#uptheWarriors

Fuck yeah I'm hyped as a Warriors fan who's been waiting for seven painful years for this.

I know we can smash the Pamfers but a few of our injuries are concerning.

So as the week develops it will become clearer.

But basically I'll be watching it on the telly. With whanau. Bbq. Beers. Munchies.

Bust out an excited haka pre match by myself.

Bounce around amped up for kick off and yell "GOOO IGGY!!!!!" on that 1st hit up and give the woohoo when he passes it at the last second to Captain Marvellous to break the line and score untouched under the post on the very 1st tackle.

Skull a beer to settle the nerves then give my wife a live lecture on why this and why that and how we did this with full historic back stories.

Then I'll berate Gavet about his hair but buzz on his early energy.

Then I'll yell yes yes yes yeeeeeeahhhh when Green crabs left then straightens to the defensive line before hitting Captain Marvellous to put G.Reedy over in the tackles of Peachy, Yeo and DWZ.

Just a preview bro.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Going to the game at ANZ (I live in Sydney).

And hoping that Warriors fans both Kiwi & Aussie get into a "sonic" Warriors chanting mode.

As far as preparing for Saturday... will wash my Warriors shirt on Friday & my Warriors scarf.

Working Saturday morning, so will be at ANZ around 4.30pm.. Kick off at 5.40pm Aussie time.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Man I am so nervous all ready. I am a screaming and shouting mess during every game so it worries me how I will be on Saturday.

When Benji set up that winning 4 nations try against Aus in the final seconds I threw a chair and my neighbours came knocking cause they thought I was beating the Mrs up haha

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I’m taking my nephew and wife to see Pink on Saturday..... will miss the first finals game in 7 years...

So yeah I’ll see myself out and hand in my man card.
Settle down aye....you are making us try hards look like fake Rolexs from a NIgerian street vendor.

You are a real man bro....taking a metaphorical hidding for the Women folk.....surely thats 2019, 20, 21, 22,23,24,25;26,27,28 finals series locked in uninterrupted you cunning criminal master mind !

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
Real mix of thoughts and feelings from me.

So proud of how well the team has gone this year but not satisfied with just making it this far. This team deserves to see more than one extra game.

Both excited and nervous knowing that a win could kill off the Panthers for the year and progression to Week 2 but a loss could be the end of the ride for 2018 and the full stop on Mannering's career.

Don't know how the players and coaching staff hold it together in the week leading up to a knockout game!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Big week, could be the final week of the season, therefore there is nothing for it but to go all in, heart on sleeve.

No one knows who is ready for these finals out of all the combatants, they have all shown weakness and demons creeping into their game.

Even Brisbane turning on a scary master class over Manly (the most convincing win of the weekend) have not had the best preparation by virtue of mauling a cripple while having Milford land more perfect kicks for Trys than he has in his whole career.

The Warriors fought the closest fought battle of the sides this weekend, and they should take a lot of confidence knowing the Raiders were good enough to beat any of the other teams in the comp during their run of form.

The Panthers had the false confidence of rolling over a Storm B side. They looked good doing it...but does anyone believe they are better for Phil Goulds meddling ?
The Warriors are good at putting points on early. Ciraldo has the challenge of getting players to believe in him, where as Keanreys men don't have to deal with that dynamic. The Warriors know if they play Kearneys game plan, they can beat anyone...and they believe in him.

For those reasons I look forward to knowing that no matter how things are playing out this weekend, our guys know how to fight back, and they know how to close out a game.

We know how to defend Penrith and we know how to attack them.

All they know is that when we don't show up and there is no plan or personel (Tohu Harris) to run that right edge defence, that Kikau, Maloney, Peachy can just help themselves...stroll through and get an unsurmountable lead care of Pita Hiku.

I will be nervous as all hell to be fair, but I keep reminding myself that it is a good year to have stuck with the Warriors.

They have given me more highs than lows, and some of those highs have been pretty unforgettable, especially taking out the Rabbits at the start line in Perth after the preseason hype....especially when you thought they cant win a game like that.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
As fate would have it, I have an Argentinian visitor staying with me, in NZ for the first time. He was hoping to go to the AB's game but that got canned when I realised it was the first week of the finals....

He does not arrive until Friday morning, but he's in for yet another surprise when he finds out he's watching a real game for the first time, LIVE on SKY, Sat night and then he can watch a recorded version of whatever he wats after then.
I told him NZ was full of surprises!!

Can't wait, pumped-az for this one.
Mince n Cheese Pies, L&P followed by Pineapple Lumps for desert. The full Kiwi League experience for him!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
As fate would have it, I have an Argentinian visitor staying with me, in NZ for the first time. He was hoping to go to the AB's game but that got canned when I realised it was the first week of the finals....

He does not arrive until Friday morning, but he's in for yet another surprise when he finds out he's watching a real game for the first time, LIVE on SKY, Sat night and then he can watch a recorded version of whatever he wats after then.
I told him NZ was full of surprises!!

Can't wait, pumped-az for this one.
Mince n Cheese Pies, L&P followed by Pineapple Lumps for desert. The full Kiwi League experience for him!
For your visitor it must be like traveling to the US and being told rather than watch the Yankees Vs the Redsocks live, " Surprise we are going to watch the World softball Champs live instead"

Wonder if your guest has seen a League game before ?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I wanna go.
But its an 8 hour drive, by myself. Gota get accommodation, tickets, then next day 8 hours back again.
I just dont have it, to be able to do that for the next 4 weeks. So i think im gonna save myself for the last 2.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
I wanna go.
But its an 8 hour drive, by myself. Gota get accommodation, tickets, then next day 8 hours back again.
I just dont have it, to be able to do that for the next 4 weeks. So i think im gonna save myself for the last 2.

I was tempted to fly over and stay on as long as the team were in (we have a Sydney office) but decided I will only go over if we make the GF.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
For your visitor it must be like traveling to the US and being told rather than watch the Yankees Vs the Redsocks live, " Surprise we are going to watch the World softball Champs live instead"

Wonder if your guest has seen a League game before ?
Definitely hasn't. He's about to be 'shock and awe'd" at the spectacle! That will finish him on the rah rah stuff :p
4 games this weekend should be a good start for him.

Reactions: Johnnyray and Sup42

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
We were supposed to have a family holiday in June with my wife, 2 kids, parents and sister for my fathers birthday. That didn't get organised and got pushed out to September.

I'm now regretting just booking my days off and telling my wife and mother to go for it.

So Friday I fly out to the Gold Coast. Most likely the first thing I will do arriving at our accommodation will be to check the channels we have. I presume the games are on Channel 9 as well as Fox?

If that fails Saturday could be spent finding a bar to er take my wife to dinner later or for a drink. The bar would just by coincidence be playing the game.

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
At the moment my hype level is zero.

I think the boys have had a very good season and given a couple of close calls could have been minor premiers. A few games where we didn't turn up didn't help either. But all teams in the 8 appear to have had games like that this season. People get a little to carried away with a bad result. A few in a row is something to worry about, but the up and down of the season is standard now with the closeness of the competition.

But it has never been about individual games in the regular season though, it has been about making the 8. Now we are here, we are in with as much chance as anyone who is in the 8.

The last few years have tempered my enthusiasm to a point where I don't mind missing a game during the season. I used to be one of those who religiously watched every game.

But its like the ex girlfriend who keeps coming back to you saying she made a mistake leaving you and she still loves you. I mean you have to give her one, just for old times sake, but its just a matter of time before she walks out again.

So, on Saturday, I'll welcome back the Warriors and their finals appearance. I'll get a little excited and enjoy it for what it is, but still expect them to walk out - until they change their ways and prove they are the one for me by sticking around and consistently provide more than the odd one off here and there.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings