General Hohaia tonight

jahc_old

Guest
I think thats the best game hes had all season. I think centre is a great position for him. I hope he starts at centre ahead of Tony Martin from now on. He's got the best footwork, the lightest feet in the team.. and hes QUICK.

My only gripe is that Hohaia and Ah Van are quite small, and could be a defensive liability.
 

blez_old

Guest
LOL

I dunno, he dosen't seem a natural centre to me, but nevertheless I'd take him over Martin in a heartbeat.

He scored a couple of late tries, but didn't really have an "outstanding game" IMO.

For mind, Gatis was the player of the day
 

Robster_old

Guest
He sorta reminds me of Shaun Berrigan as in his mould, and shape and style, give him a few more game to fully prove himself then we can decide if he is a centre or not.

Played a fanatastic game imo.
 

Murphdogg1_old

Guest
Yeh i really liked Hohaia tonight, although he did hog it a bit towards the end, Lauaki a couple of times got the hands free down our right side and Vuna/Ah Van could have had a couple of gallops

also on his first try he could have drew the fullback and fed Ah Van

HOWEVER these are just some observations not criticism as i thought he was very good game tonight, especially on defence!
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
He was named MOM on LU's score update, not a bad performance for a late inclusion to the side, out of position in bad conditions, and a player who has been snubbed by the Warriors for most of the year.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Well done to Hiho and wb to the 1st grade too. hehe. Although I would have been tempeted to shuffle Ropo to the centers and stick Hohaia in the halves ;) Anyway he did well so good for him.
 

Northern_Union

Guest
I maybe wrong but didn't he make his first grade debut at center verses the tigers?
 

sebastian_old

Guest
If that peformance doesn't deserve a start next week, Ivans got a MASSIVE grudge against this kid, outstanding Hohaia. When i heard the changes i thought S*IT, but Hohaia was outstanding!!!!
 

kiwi man_old

Guest
to be honest hohaia did nothing spectacular and towards the end of the game there were a number of occasions where he should have passed it to vuna who was in open space.
hohaia did well yet i have a feeling if martin is fit next week hohaia will be dropped.
 

ToiletDuck_old

Guest
Ok Hohaia is not a centre, as well as he played against a pretty poor cowboys outfit, he is definitely not a long term solution there. Every time he got tackled he was in danger of being dragged over the sideline, combined with Ah Van's relatively small size...isn't exactly the scariest centre/wing combo in the NRL..
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Perhaps so; but for a fill-in and such a late inclusion he did well in my opinion
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
Hohaia filled in the vacant centre position well, but I'd prefer to see him in a number 7 or 9 jersey in the future.
 

edguy_old

Guest
this game must show mr cleary that lance needs to be in the team for his all round ability , and also hes not a bad goal kicker .....

bring back lance permanently PLEASE !!!!!!
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
He was named MOM on LU's score update, not a bad performance for a late inclusion to the side, out of position in bad conditions, and a player who has been snubbed by the Warriors for most of the year.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? He has played 9 and missed 12, so he hasn't been far off appearing in half of our matches this season. ;)
 

commonsense_old

Guest
hohaia is all talent. but he aint a natural centre. good on cleary for rolling the dice a bit. i reckon a better move wouldve been hohaia in the halves and ropati in the centres.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Jesbass said:
warriors4life said:
He was named MOM on LU's score update, not a bad performance for a late inclusion to the side, out of position in bad conditions, and a player who has been snubbed by the Warriors for most of the year.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? He has played 9 and missed 12, so he hasn't been far off appearing in half of our matches this season. ;)

OK, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but he was made the scapegoat after only 2 games this season and was dropped, and when he did come back we had a 4-match winning streak including Hohaia scoring a hat-trick but he was dropped once again. If that was me I wouldn't be very happy with the way I was treated.
 

westie stylz_old

Guest
The reason Cleary would have kept Ropati at standoff and moved Hohaia to centre is because Martin was out of the team and it would be a further change in the halves where they are obviously trying to keep things settled.

It would almost be an admission that Hohaia was a better option at standoff than Ropati which is clearly not what they are thinking at the moment.

An it would just be a stop gap measure if they made the change for one week and then switched back a week later. We already have too many changes in key positions.

I don't think Ropati has the all round game for standoff though.

NZers scored all 26 of our points ;). Not bad for a team supposedly full of Aussies.
 

commonsense_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Jesbass said:
warriors4life said:
He was named MOM on LU's score update, not a bad performance for a late inclusion to the side, out of position in bad conditions, and a player who has been snubbed by the Warriors for most of the year.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? He has played 9 and missed 12, so he hasn't been far off appearing in half of our matches this season. ;)

OK, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but he was made the scapegoat after only 2 games this season and was dropped, and when he did come back we had a 4-match winning streak including Hohaia scoring a hat-trick but he was dropped once again. If that was me I wouldn't be very happy with the way I was treated.


i dont think it was an exaggeration to be honest. all the hohaia haters can put one in their mouths, but for someone who has been playing well as lance has and with the talent he has, he should be playing all our games par the ones he got injured.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
commonsense said:
hohaia is all talent. but he aint a natural centre. good on cleary for rolling the dice a bit. i reckon a better move wouldve been hohaia in the halves and ropati in the centres.

I mentioned just that in my first post in this thread