Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
RTS was the king of desperation defence, but I am really surprised by this talk of him being a strong general play defender, because he just wasn't.

I'm hoping that rugby has fixed that, as well as the preseason (though remember his is shorter due to the NPC).

My biggest concern of his comeback is his defence, and I believe we have two good defenders in Berry and Pompey (they are just weaker on the other side of the ball).
Yawnion fixing something in our game? Just asking like.

Reactions: kos
I reckon Volkman is gone. You don’t not play your back up halfback when your main halfback is out
Volkman couldn't play as he wasn't selected on the extended reserves on Tuesday, which at that point SJ was playing. Im sure webby is kicking himself for not having Volkman listed, but he had no way of knowing that SJ was about to get injured at training.

2024 Squad and ideal signings,

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Setu Tu
3. Roger Tuivasa-Scheck
4. Ali Leiataua
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Luke Metcalf
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Wiremu Greig
9. Wade Egan
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Josh Curran
12. Marata Niukore
13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker
15. Tom Ale
16. Mitch Barnett
17. Jackson Ford

18. Ed Kosi
19. Rocco Berry
20. Adam Pompey
21. Moala Graham-Taufa
22. Te-Marie Martin
23. Volkman or new Half👀
23. Freddie Lussick
24. Paul Roache
25. Zyon Maiu’u
26. Leka Halasima
27. Demetric Sifakula
28. Bunty Afoa
29. Jacob Laban
30. Kalani Going

Unless it’s George Williams or Jack Welsby, Stick with Metcalf
Would have thought Metcalf would be the one to depart if there’s a possibility of a player like them since he can be negotiated with in November. Think we would lock him up before getting to market.

George Williams
I can see where that rumour came from.

Welsby I have never heard of.

I am probably unfairly biased against Poms because of the very expensive 1995 versions.

The other clubs seems to do a lot better, especially Newcastle at present.

Out brains trust will do a better job than John Monie and Mat Elliott, although Sam Tomkins wasn't too bad apart from his price.

You're giving a slight compliment to a Pom, are you okay Brucey? Long season too much for you? Just kidding. Just saying.
Got nothing against Poms, my great grandparents were married in Manchester Cathedral.
I have to admit that Ian Botham has a point in his complaint about Aussies calling him a Pom.
He said they are the Poms, not the Poms. If that makes sense 🤔 .

Would have thought Metcalf would be the one to depart if there’s a possibility of a player like them since he can be negotiated with in November. Think we would lock him up before getting to market.
Let us talk about depth.
Back in 1995 when I was in Sydney I went to watch Newcastle play against the Rorters at the SFS.
The Rorters were pretty ordinary then, the Newcastle side was star studded with the Johns brothers and travelling fans that put Manly to shame.
Now playing in the reserves were the Kimmorley brothers, who at that stage nobody had heard of apart from true league junkies..
That ladies and jellybeans is depth.

Volkman couldn't play as he wasn't selected on the extended reserves on Tuesday, which at that point SJ was playing. Im sure webby is kicking himself for not having Volkman listed, but he had no way of knowing that SJ was about to get injured at training.

Unless the club is telling porkies, it sounds like they knew about SJs injury and were training and preparing for this game without him, before the team was named. That's what I'm sure I read or heard somewhere.

So it is a bit strange they chose not to play Ronnie, hope there is no truth to the rumour he's outta here

Unless the club is telling porkies, it sounds like they knew about SJs injury and were training and preparing for this game without him, before the team was named. That's what I'm sure I read or heard somewhere.

So it is a bit strange they chose not to play Ronnie, hope there is no truth to the rumour he's outta here
Yeah I thought I read Shaun said he was injured last Thursday before the Dolphins game. Webby said he was still hoping he'd come right until Friday. What a cruel blow.

To be fair, if there’s any chance someone like George Williams was coming over it wouldn’t be depth. Could TMM be the one to make way?

Back