Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed. I can remember when nobody wanted to buy or live in Ponsonby.Mt. Roskill and surrounding areas will be the next HerneBay and Ponsonby
John
Someone has to find a way to “urban renew”” Mt Roskill
There’s a lot of grotty substandard old houses in Three Kings Mt Roskill
I would have thought the now stopped light rail on Dominion Rd would have a planning change allowing new apartment buildings to replace all the dumps on Dominion Rd

John
Someone has to find a way to “urban renew”” Mt Roskill
There’s a lot of grotty substandard old houses in Three Kings Mt Roskill
I would have thought the now stopped light rail on Dominion Rd would have a planning change allowing new apartment buildings to replace all the dumps on Dominion Rd
The light rail would have definitely brought regeneration. Ironically prices along the rail corridor would have shot up

Hahhahahaba. Fuck me. Anything for a chance to ride the gravy train huh.

Remove. Property. Speculation. It’s fucking ridiculously easy. Just Kiwis aren’t brave or smart enough.
And who would you have replace private landlords? The government department whose debt is so large it will never be able to pay it off?
That’s right, you suggested that NZ should invest in production like South Korea and other S-EA economies. Yet, nine of the twenty countries with the worst housing affordability in the world, including South Korea, are from S-EA.

Brilliant idea of yours.…..try and fix housing affordability by following the examples of some of the worst countries in the world.

Please, try again.

And who would you have replace private landlords? The government department whose debt is so large it will never be able to pay it off?
That’s right, you suggested that NZ should invest in production like South Korea and other S-EA economies. Yet, nine of the twenty countries with the worst housing affordability in the world, including South Korea, are from S-EA.

Brilliant idea of yours.…..try and fix housing affordability by following the examples of some of the worst countries in the world.

Please, try again.
Is that you Bruce?

Says the high flying business guru who complained during covid lockdowns he couldn't pay his staff wages as he wasn't able to access his office.
Never heard of a laptop or smartphone.
I'll back myself thanks 😊
We had a bunny rabbit that was dependant on us, so I was exempt and went to the workplace whenever I wanted 😉

Built a new pergola and repainted the whole interior… and made sure the wages were paid 😁

Says the high flying business guru who complained during covid lockdowns he couldn't pay his staff wages as he wasn't able to access his office.
Never heard of a laptop or smartphone.
I'll back myself thanks 😊
What’s this high flying stuff?

I haven’t got a boat, batch or BMW? 🤣

But I do like to fly!

Please, try again.
My god, this is probably what passes for intellectual conversation in New Zealand.

Tell us Miket12 why would a country with a high population density have high property prices? Ohh it must be anti business govt legislation.

Please link South Korea business practices to land prices in Singapore…

My head hurts from the sheer stupidity. Social intelligence grouping is a real thing.

Reactions: kos
My god, this is probably what passes for intellectual conversation in New Zealand.

Tell us Miket12 why would a country with a high population density have high property prices? Ohh it must be anti business govt legislation.

Please link South Korea business practices to land prices in Singapore…

My head hurts from the sheer stupidity. Social intelligence grouping is a real thing.
If you can’t back up your claim that New Zealand shouldn’t speculate on property but would be better of investing in businesses (supercharging the economy) and not housing, that’s your problem, not mine.

IMG_1224.jpeg

And now you want to talk about Singapore….the country with the 28th worse HAI in the world and that doesn’t take into consideration that the reason Singapore”s housing isn’t more expensive is because the majority is built on government owned leasehold land. This has led to a sharp decline in capital value when sold when close to the end of the lease. Without what amounts to a government subsidy, the HAI figures for Singapore would be much worse.

Brilliant idea…. Let’s make housing more affordable in NZ by ending the building of them and following the examples of countries with far worse housing affordability than us.

BTW, South Korea has got such a bad housing crisis at the moment that their government is planning on building one state house for every 100 citizens.

And I see that you still haven’t answered the question that private investors didn’t own rental properties in NZ, who would provide them?

Back