General guttenbiel to join tigers

scottyb_old

just read in the SMH that Awen is expected to sign with the Tigers, good luck to him if its`true but it'll be strange having him play for the opposition

Jesbass_old

scottyb said:
just read in the SMH that Awen is expected to sign with the Tigers, good luck to him if its`true but it'll be strange having him play for the opposition

Yeah, I'd heard that too. I'd be surprised if that was the case - I doubt they'd be able to offer the kind of money he would have received in the ESL, but he'll probabyl enjoy playing alongside Whatuira and Marshall.

*Kimmy*_old

If its true. He is gunna look SO weird in a Tigers jersey! But goodluck to him. :)

commonsense_old

well the tigers just loss jamaal lolesi to the esl so i guess that enabled them to sign awen.

sliphgrrl_old

if it is true, i'm pleased to hear that he'll still be in the NRL. i hope he gets the kind of money he's after

*Kimmy*_old

Yeah this means we can still see his big bald head. But its gunna be pretty hard to see him play in another jersey. Like Roy in xmas colours. *cries*

*Kimmy*_old

blez said:
Roy Asotasi sold his soul for $$$$.

How does that make you feel?
He didnt have a fucking choice..the dogs withdrew their offer for him..he had to go somewhere..btw now isnt the time to start saying sh!t to me about roy..

kiwi man_old

haha roy didnt have a choice?? poor bloke being forced to recieve $400k a year, the bull dogs still made him an offer which he turned down for money tho.... i love him but i was hugely dissapointed when he ran to the money

sebastian_old

I for one will feel resentment seeing Awen play against us(if it is true) in other colours, just like i'd feel sick if i ever saw Stace play against us. I will always consider him a Warrior no matter what jersey he pulls on, i also hope he just doesn't fade out. I think he is 2 years away from retirement so i wish him personal success but i can't see it happening if his contract is for longer than a one year in the NRL.

KeepingTheFaith_old

sebastian said:
I for one will feel resentment seeing Awen play against us(if it is true) in other colours, just like i'd feel sick if i ever saw Stace play against us. I will always consider him a Warrior no matter what jersey he pulls on, i also hope he just doesn't fade out. I think he is 2 years away from retirement so i wish him personal success but i can't see it happening if his contract is for longer than a one year in the NRL.

Yeah it will be weird seeing Awen in another teams colours playing against the Warriors. I don't think you should feel any resentment though. After all imagine what it must be like for Dogs and Raiders fans to see Price and Wiki in Warrioras colours. Awen's provide great service to the club and left on good terms. Remember the good times.

commonsense_old

kiwi man said:
haha roy didnt have a choice?? poor bloke being forced to recieve $400k a year, the bull dogs still made him an offer which he turned down for money tho.... i love him but i was hugely dissapointed when he ran to the money

i thought it was 450k a year.

either way u cant judge him for accepting 450k a year for 4-5 years.

warriors4life_old

commonsense said:
kiwi man said:

It was $2.2 million over 5 years, so $440K per year.

It will be different seeing Guttenbeil in another jersey playing against us but life goes on, he was a great servant of the club for many years and will be remembered as a Warrior long after he retires.

Jesbass_old

warriors4life said:
commonsense said:
kiwi man said:

It was $2.2 million over 5 years, so $440K per year.

His loyalty shouldn't even be an issue. He is a professional in a very short term career path. It's in his interests, to make the most of that. I'm usre that if an opposition company wanted my services and was willing to pay more than I'm currently getting, and my current employers couldn't match that, I'd shift too.

*Kimmy*_old

kiwi man said:
You obviously did not hear that the Bulldogs withdrew their offer from Roy, therefore he had no option but to leave.

sebastian_old

KeepingTheFaith said:
sebastian said:

Yeah it will be weird seeing Awen in another teams colours playing against the Warriors. I don't think you should feel any resentment though. After all imagine what it must be like for Dogs and Raiders fans to see Price and Wiki in Warrioras colours. Awen's provide great service to the club and left on good terms. Remember the good times.

Fair enough dogs fans & raiders feel resentment seeing Wiki & Price play against their teams, they'd probabaly feel sick. You can't tell me you wouldn't hate to see Stace ever play against us, it'll be the same feeling for me with Awen, just not as strong.