Internationals Greg Eastwood out of 4 nations

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

It doesn't quite sound like he's out of the tournament.

Eastwood ready for England 'battle'
AFP
13:33 AEST Wed Nov 4 2009

New Zealand's Greg Eastwood is expecting a fierce contest when the world champions face England in Huddersfield on Saturday in what is effectively a play-off for a Four Nations final place.

The Kiwis proved too strong for England on their way to World Cup glory in Australia last year.
Born in New Zealand to an English father and brought up in Brisbane, 22-year-old back-row forward Eastwood could have played for any one of three teams in this tournament.
And as he prepares to join English Super League champions Leeds, Eastwood was in no doubt of the stern test that awaited the Kiwis this weekend in his father's home town.
"I'm getting ready for a battle...It's war on the field when you're playing for your country," Eastwood said on Tuesday. "It's exciting. This will be a big one for us. I want to do my country proud."
Meanwhile England coach Tony Smith said any repeat of his side's slow start against Australia would doom any hopes they had of victory in Saturday's winner-takes-all contest.
Although they fought back after the break, England had left themselves with too much to do against the Kangaroos after going in at half-time 26-0 behind, having previously trailed France at the interval before defeating the weakest side in the tournament.
"The players are really conscious of it," the Australia-born Smith said on Tuesday. "They're really keen to get out there and start better this week.
"We'll talk about it and try to come up with something. We'd love to have a better start, that's pretty obvious. We don't want to be chasing like we did last week.
"There is no magic formula for that but we'll try some little things that may be a little different in our prep."
https://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=926727&rss=yes

leeds_warrior_old

Yeah he's deffo out of the Four Nations asked Benji yesterday. Shame was looking forward to seeing him play, hope he'll be ok for start of the season.

2big2strong_old

Ok, Thanks for the comfirmation. I've been waiting on the sqaud to be announced but still can't find anything.

I didn't like the look of him against France TBH, he looked like he'd gotten into the escárgo while in France, probably 10kg's overweight and really really sluggish. I think they'll just bring Lima and Harrison back into the squad.

leeds_warrior_old

Team should be announced sometime today maybe tomorrow, don't they usually announce them on the Wednesday or Thursday ?

Jesbass_old

Yeah, Thursday evening local time is when the team is expected to be announced.

Swanley_old

Has to be by Thursday 5pm my time (UK).

So you in NZ should find out by Friday morning.

By all accounts Lima and Harrison are looking good.

MiXmasterreece_old

Has to be by Thursday 5pm my time (UK).

So you in NZ should find out by Friday morning.

By all accounts Lima and Harrison are looking good.

Harrison wont be named - injury is taking longer than first thought. Lima is very dodgey.

warriors4life_old

Inu's not injured, he must have really pissed Kearney off somehow, you think Inu would walk right into the side.