General Greatest Warriors Try

offloader

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 5, 2016
Ok, 25 years now, so what's everyone's favourite Warriors try? The one's that stick in my memory are:

• Stacey Jones Grand final try - classy individual effort on the biggest stage
  • Sione's Faumuina's try assist for Evarn Tuimavave - "they're playing basketball" in that Broncos shellacking
  • Wade McKinnon's solo effort vs Penrith
  • Sean Johnson debut season stepping through half the Broncos team from near halfway
  • Sean Johnson's last minute winner at Shark Park "15/10 on the incrediblemeter"
  • Nathan Friend's upside down tunnel ball assist for Tui Lolohea in the corner
  • After the half-time hooter try against the Tigers "the video referee has 33 things to review!"
  • Kevin Locke sliding and cutting himself in half against a post for a last minute winner in the wet
  • And my favourite: the 1 vs 8 game against Melbourne. Sterlo: "there is nothing left in the Warriors at the moment..." then Ropati to Vatuvei to Witt. The waving the ball over the try line; and Cleary's look from the coaching box... just a great moment for so many reasons.
I'm sure I've forgotten a few. But some great moments over the years.

Last edited:

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Ok, 25 years now, so what's everyone's favourite Warriors try? The one's that stick in my memory are:

After the half-time hooter try against the Tigers "the video referee has 33 things to review!”

I'm sure I've forgotten a few. But some great moments over the years.

Not the team’s greatest try .... but still one off my favourites:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Best surely has to be the first?
I still remember one of the other tries from that game in the replay Brent Todd "Tony Tatupu shrugs him off, get out of my way I'm a Warrior".

Some great memories in that list and very hard to choose the best as they all have unique things that make them special like for individual tries Stacey Jones' was in a Grand Final. The Tuimavave try has the over the head pass vs the Friend backflip. We also have some classics that won us the game in the last minute or two.

An underrated one is the one in 2006? I think it was Melbourne unbeatable at Olympic Park the Warriors score from long range to close out the game.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
One of my favourites was the Todd Byrne one vs the Rabbitohs. Seeing Russell Crowe give the thumbs down to the Rabbitohs team funny as!!

My memory might be failing me but wasn’t Crowe being cocky and doing the Gladiator schtic “put the Warriors to death/out of the misery” when they were winning and then we snatched it at the death?

Reactions: bruce and shuffle

Evil_Mush

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
All time top 5 which immediately sprang to mind for me were PUT THE BALL DOWN SON!, Wade's slicing run down the field against the Panthers, playing Basketball, SJ-Lewis combo sealing the GF berth and Stacey's GF try.

I love the Skinny Byrne one too, for the long range last minute winner (and Russell Crowe humiliator) with the manpile celebration and my uncontrollable wooo's and loud claps causing my flatmate in the next room to ask me politely to quiet down a bit (was late on a Sunday or Monday).

The million-pass Tigers one after the halftime hooter in Welly is probably the best one I've been in attendance for.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Ugliest one I'll Never forget Krisnan ' He knows wot he's done' Inu reaches out a lazy arm they replay it a million times in the video refs box ' hes not held, they just need to put a finger on him'.

Bye bye Benjis TIgers . . . It's just so.....so Warriors.

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
I was actually at game when this happened but couldn't see anything as I was sitting way out on other side of field in West Stand, 60 metres from try line. All I can remember is crowd erupting like I've never even heard before and then looking at big screen to see what happen and realizing why. Easily for me, the best try NZ Warriors ever scored as it's easily one of single best try's in the history of the game of rugby league ...

:bag:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings