Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Metcalf
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2023/round-13/warriors-vs-brisbane/summary.html
Fair. But if he was potentially first choice starting 6 it's interesting that he hasn't been resigned yet.

Maybe the club are waiting to see how far he can get his hamstrings through the season.
Yeah idk- maybe it’s at metcalfs end? Although even if he’s told the club he’s looking elsewhere for 2025 I don’t think that would stop Webby picking him for 24 if he thinks he’s the best option- it’s the nrl and players come and go- u gotta get your best available line up on the field- next year is next year.
It’s gonna be very interesting to see who gets the nod round 1- hopefully they’re both available this time.
Bit of a story… a long time ago I was playing touch and had to go down early because my mate giving me a ride was coaching a kids team before our game- anyway on the way there he said- wait till u see this kid I’ve got- he’s gonna be the next nrl star- it was tmm… he was amazing- not super fast but his footwork, skills and feel for space just blew them away- stuck out like a sore thumb.
So I’ve always kept an eye on him and I think his running game is a bit underrated around here- he’s not gonna go the length of the field but he can pull defenses apart.
The lingering effects of that broken leg are a bit of a worry though and the stat that has me just leaning towards metcalf is that we had a 84% win record with him in the team- with tmm it was 44%…. Bit unfair I know because metcalf came into a team that was purring where as tmm had to start the season, then finish it underdone but my gut feel is that metcalf may just be a better fit for our game model.

Yeah idk- maybe it’s at metcalfs end? Although even if he’s told the club he’s looking elsewhere for 2025 I don’t think that would stop Webby picking him for 24 if he thinks he’s the best option- it’s the nrl and players come and go- u gotta get your best available line up on the field- next year is next year.
It’s gonna be very interesting to see who gets the nod round 1- hopefully they’re both available this time.
Bit of a story… a long time ago I was playing touch and had to go down early because my mate giving me a ride was coaching a kids team before our game- anyway on the way there he said- wait till u see this kid I’ve got- he’s gonna be the next nrl star- it was tmm… he was amazing- not super fast but his footwork, skills and feel for space just blew them away- stuck out like a sore thumb.
So I’ve always kept an eye on him and I think his running game is a bit underrated around here- he’s not gonna go the length of the field but he can pull defenses apart.
The lingering effects of that broken leg are a bit of a worry though and the stat that has me just leaning towards metcalf is that we had a 84% win record with him in the team- with tmm it was 44%…. Bit unfair I know because metcalf came into a team that was purring where as tmm had to start the season, then finish it underdone but my gut feel is that metcalf may just be a better fit for our game model.
Having seen what Metcalfe has been doing in pre season and looking sharp and strong I am hopeful he has a huge season.
But hey it's the NRL. Nothings a given.

Bit unfair too with the opposition they each played. Either way the team should be good enough to be in that top 6 race. And both are injury prone so would be a surprise if either played the majority of the season.

I think while it is a big decision for game one, who plays stand off for the majority of the year will answer itself through injuries, whose available out of the three of them and not injured, and who has been playing the best when they had their chances.
There was no pecking order between Metcalf and TMM in 2023 as one of them was always injured. So we don't know how Game one will pan out. The one thing we can count on is that CHT will definitely play NSW cup for the first 5 games next season to re-aclimitise him to rugby league.
I personally think they will wait all the way to the pre-season games and watch out of Metcalf and TMM who puts their hand up in those games. That sort of two game shoot out is more likely to favour Metcalf as people remember tries more than defence or try involvements where you weren't credited with the final try assist.

I think while it is a big decision for game one, who plays stand off for the majority of the year will answer itself through injuries, whose available out of the three of them and not injured, and who has been playing the best when they had their chances.
There was no pecking order between Metcalf and TMM in 2023 as one of them was always injured. So we don't know how Game one will pan out. The one thing we can count on is that CHT will definitely play NSW cup for the first 5 games next season to re-aclimitise him to rugby league.
I personally think they will wait all the way to the pre-season games and watch out of Metcalf and TMM who puts their hand up in those games. That sort of two game shoot out is more likely to favour Metcalf as people remember tries more than defence or try involvements where you weren't credited with the final try assist.
Webby picks the team he expects to get the best results.
Not the people.
I trust his judgment.
Injuries are the unknown 😕

Who would you suggest.
Gotta put someone in the jersey
I don't have anyone else in mind. What I like is the slow process of developing these young players. Both Lussick and Metcalf weren't getting big minutes before they got established here so to see them committed and signed with Berry still being young among others, while I'm still lamenting AFB's impending departure the team still is building well while also playing win now.

Long term spine - Egan + Metcalf + Hansen and maybe CNK to the centres and 1 of Berry or Ali to FB

Egan is heading for early onset dementia in his forties. His value will decline with his cognitive decline. He's taken a beating in our jersey.
Bit of a worry the punishment his head's taken with all those concussions, wonder if players get regular CT scans to pick up early signs of damage?