Internationals Great Britain wary of Kiwis

Skinny_Ravs82

tvnz.co.nz

Great Britain will take a wary but determined approach into its first Tri-Nations rugby league test against New Zealand, captain Jamie Peacock said on Thursday.

New Zealand lost its first two matches in the series to Australia, 30-18 and 20-15, and Peacock said those losses are more likely to motivate than deflate the Kiwis in Saturday's first meeting between the teams in Christchurch since 1996.

"There are pros and cons for both sides," he said.

"The pros for us are that we have been rested having only had a bit of game time whereas the Kiwis are pretty battle-hardened, they have had two tough games against the Aussies and have settled as a team.

"They have got a lot of emotion going into the game after losing both matches like that. They will be hurting."

New Zealand drew confidence from two strong forward performances against Australia and Britain will look to controversial front rower Adrian Morley to help prevent the Kiwis from achieving domination up front.

Morley, the Sydney Roosters enforcer in the NRL, spent the last six weeks of the Australian season under suspension for a kneeing offence - his 11th suspension in a five-year career with the Sydney club.

He said while his match fitness might have suffered, he felt fresh and ready for Britain's Tri-Nations opener.

"We are normally behind the eight ball at the start of the Tri-Nations and they have had two tough matches," Morley said.

"We will probably not be as good as we can be but hopefully we will go out there on the field and build momentum for the final."

Jesbass_old

Why are all the articles calling Adrian Morley controversial? So he broke a rule and got suspended - what's so controversial about that?

Skinny_Ravs82

Jesbass said:
Why are all the articles calling Adrian Morley controversial? So he broke a rule and got suspended - what's so controversial about that?

Yeah I dunno, probably has something to do with his record or whatever. Personally I think he gets typecast which is a real shame.

playdaball_old

I have a feeling that GB might win this. No substance behind it especially as the Kiwis have already been together for 2 games. HOPE I'M TOTALLY WRONG.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

playdaball said:
I have a feeling that GB might win this. No substance behind it especially as the Kiwis have already been together for 2 games. HOPE I'M TOTALLY WRONG.
I hope ur wrong too otherwise thats 6 tickets down the drain and it cost like $200 :(