General Grant Rovelli

mosh_old

Has anyone noticed Grant Rovelli's short kicks near the line actually never make it ingoal?
I have noticed this about 6 times this year. He actually setup a try at home for Nathan Fien when the ball rebounded off a defender. He seems to keep kicking short to a defender and the ball actually never makes it ingoal. The likes of the great Stacey, and also Lance Hohaia last year seem to find the ingoal with clinic kicks through little holes. It is not so much a critcism, just something that I hope the coaching staff cwan fix. His cross-field bombs are a touch too deep too and not just before the line.

I thought we needed alot of repeat set of 6's in last nights match. When a team get as fatigued as the Dragons were towards the end and you get to your 5th tackle without breaking their line you need to put the ball ingoal and have another go because a try will be just around the corner. Rovelli too many times just kicked too short straight to a defender near the line.

sebastian_old

For his 1st season, 1st go at 7, he went gangbusters. We would have won if toopi wasn't there, he let in 2 trys in 5 f*cking min. what a dickhead.

D Generation X_old

sebastian said:
For his 1st season, 1st go at 7, he went gangbusters. We would have won if toopi wasn't there, he let in 2 trys in 5 f*cking min. what a dickhead.
he did let try's but you can't blame him he is a good player he just didnt play that good this week

sebastian_old

warrior_fan said:
sebastian said:
he did let try's but you can't blame him he is a good player he just didnt play that good this week

He played shocking for last week the kiwi's, & the bulldogs the week before. p*ss of to england i say.

2big2strong_old

lol. he hasn't played good for about 3 seasons, he's only in the team on reputation, ala Francis Meli last year. Meli left last year, Toopi will leave this year, Faumuina will leave next year. (and guttenbiel is gooooone for sure, he'll be at Catalans at the end of the year.) ((inside source))

Ronnie_7_old

Titans are looking to pick up alot of off contract players. Wouldn't be suprised if we see a few of our boys lining up for the Gold Coast next year.

JonB_old

you won't if he ends up carving through big Tony Martin, we will have 100 people saying why oh why did we let him go.
I stil think he is the most dangerous centre with a half chance.

Warrioraholic_old

Didnt Roveli put a perfect weighted kick with sione allmost scoring last night and giving us a goal line dropt out restart. I thought he went well. Still think Hohia is our man though

da mad maori

2black2strong said:
lol. he hasn't played good for about 3 seasons, he's only in the team on reputation, ala Francis Meli last year. Meli left last year, Toopi will leave this year, Faumuina will leave next year. (and guttenbiel is gooooone for sure, he'll be at Catalans at the end of the year.) ((inside source))

I dont want to go hunting for this thread so no more "source" from you thanks

2big2strong_old

da mad maori said:
2black2strong said:

I dont want to go hunting for this thread so no more "source" from you thanks

Don't worry man, wasn't a secret source. Was in an Australian Magazine this year in an interview. Said he misses his best mate (stacey) and was tempted to ask for a release to go to Catalans in December. Seeing as though this is his 'Testimonial' year with the Warriors he wanted to stick around and help the boys to a final series, said he will go to Catalans at the end of this season if he can get a Contract.

Skinny_Ravs82

Erm...people I think you're a bit off topic! This is meant to be about Rovelli not Toopi! LOL. Although some one should start a theard about Toopi

As for Rovelli thou, make no bones about it he's still a long way off in beocming a good player but he's learning. Agree with Mosh about the kicking thou. Make no secret I read some where earlier this year it was said if he improves on his kicking it'll be an even bigger assest to him overall. He's had some good kicks and some..which probably shouldn't be mentioned (hehe) but yeh he'll get there in time. Surely the staff would know that otherwise why go signing him if they didn't think he could improve his game?
I don't doubt he'll get even better as time goes on