sebastian_old

the problem last year is that kemp never made any important changes he
chose a side at march and basically no matter how bad they played he kept the same side. NOW WHATS THE DIFFERNCE WITH CLEARY?NOTHING!!

ozbash_old

put put Rovelli at five-eight - QUOTE

rovelli is a halfback. we need a halfback.

someone give him a jersey with 7 on it. :roll:

edguy_old

hohaia is the best halfback at the club ...... everyone has forgotton , when he started at halfback , when stacey was out back in 2003 , i think we won 4 out of 5 games ......something like that , and he was
man of the match in his one start at halfback last year , against the sharkies in perth ......... he hates beinga hooker , and hes sitting on the god damn bench for 30 mins yesterday ????????????????? thats insane ....

Robster_old

As it stand he has 2 MOM in a row, averages a MOM performance each week, question is Where should he play?

I feel that Rovelli is the best player on the field when playing and we need to give him more time, looks to be a outstanding hooker but I feel would make a even more of a Star with the number 7 on his back.

-Dr.J-_old

He's a passer. I think you need a bigger 6 thesedays, one who can take knocks as they cop more of them than the 7. I'd trial him at 7. Yeah I wouldn't mind Lance at 7 but I do think that Rovelli would play better in his native position and might get worn down too quick at 6 (removing his attacking capabilities).

ozbash_old

rob, when did rovelli get man of the match ?

he has done nothing in 2 games except come off the bench and play safe/follow coaches instructions.

he looks to be a promising young player but i wouldnt start cremeing the jeans or starting up a fan site just yet mate. give him time.

btw, he would make a good halfback,, i thought thats why we bought him.

Bulldog_old

This is the $64 question. I heard that they bought Rovelli to be halfback, yet when they bring him on, he goes into hooker/dummyhalf and Fien switches to halfback. Figure that one out.

The funny thing, to me and a couple of others here anyway, is that you have got the best halfback at the Warriors in Hohaia.
At the moment, Rovelli looks OK - he's done nothing flash, but really, where is he going to end up?

BTW, why is the best second rower starting off the bench?

Ronnie_7_old

Rovelli should go in at 6. There maybe a few big 6's in the game at the moment but that doesn't mean that we should stick a bigger guy in there. At the moment I see Rovelli as the best man for the job.

JonB_old

I think he should be first receiver running off our forwards I voted 7 but not as a Stacey Jones Replacement.

Kumul_old

play Rovelli at 7, Hohaia at 6 and Fien at 9. These are the best play makers on the team, put them all on the field at the same time.

Kumul_old

so is the rest of the team at the moment, so he'd fit right in wouldn't he? Cleary's playing Ropati at 6 this weekend, I would play one of the above mentioned 3 at 6, but not Ropati or Faumauina (suspended). I still think they should all be on the paddock at the same time, doesn't really matter exactly where.

Robster_old

Lets be honest we were impressed with his opening 2 games, but since then has he impressed us to a high level, I would say yes!! :D but his kicking game hasn't been tested out to much this season, him getting the number 7 jersey is the biggest chance in his Rugby League Life to show what he has really got. This week he will show if he is the answer.

mosh_old

I still dont think he is the future for the "Warriors". There are other options we need to look at. Rovelli is a perfect 5-8th for mine. His passing game is what we havent seen, and what has led the Roosters Premier League to success. At 7 he will have an isolated passing game and will direct the pack around the park. Only a few great halfbacks use passing to setup wingers for trys like Kimmorly, Andrew Johns and Stacey Jones ona few occassions.

Will be interesting to see how he goes. 7 is the hardest position on the field to play. Certainly feel much better that Nathan Fien is out of that jumper.

ozbash_old

no mosh, ropo is our 5/8 .

ravioli was bought as a half..

good move by aunty ivan actually letting him start at 7.

i guess he is a future halfback wob, whether he 'cuts the mustard' remains to be seen.

mosh_old

ozbash said:
no mosh, ropo is our 5/8 .

ravioli was bought as a half..

good move by aunty ivan actually letting him start at 7.

i guess he is a future halfback wob, whether he 'cuts the mustard' remains to be seen.

I disagree mate. Ropati is a good solid player, but not complex enough to satisfy a quality 6.

Are you saying Ropo is just as good as Lockyer, Preston Campbell, Thurston, Anasta?

ozbash_old

not yet. i think potentially he could be tho. he was swapped around too often.

rovelli has played well at #6 but i reckon hes a bit smallish defensivly (not that prestons that big).