Robster_old

Grant Rovelli

2006 Grant Rovelli away.PNG

Rovelli will be our next Super Star now that Stacey Jones has left, I know its early to predict but I have a feeling about this guy, first-five, Halfback or Hooker the Warriors should hold onto this guy for long term, A Star in the making. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ozbash_old

he did nothing wrong and he never paniced.
i think his choice of options from dummy half were spot on and cant really understand why they took him back off.

super star ???? who knows.

stacey wasnt a hooker.

LeagueNut_old

Yes Rob, it's VERY early to predict!

I thought Rovelli was very impressive today, easily one of our best. A promising start for our Queensland Rooster, let's hope it continues!!

Big Fobsta_old

From that half a game he played today, I'm predicting he will become an Immortal of the game :roll:

Wiki_old

I thought he played awesome and was one of the highlights of the game today. I too think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Ronnie_7_old

I think he had a great game too and didn't know why they took him off. Luck had a good game too

Esoj_old

he should be starting. put him at 6 he has all the skills to play there. I was wondering why he was taken off as well he seemed to spark the team into life. can you imagine fein rovelli and hohaia all on the feild together wreacking havoc.

Robster_old

Rovelli mostly reminded me of a Tim Smith in the Warriors team, wouldn't it be awesome if he was halfback next week against Tim Smith, hmm.....I do have a thing bout small nippy players :) website coming......:). lol ;)

KeepingTheFaith_old

After a few of those sidesteps from dummy half he might consider changing his name to Benji Rovelli. Ok maybe not quite that good, but he's definately got some nifty footwork along with a pretty good pass. If given enough time he could be the surprise buy for the year.

L N_old

still early days but good signs ahead

with the platform consistenly laid in front of him

his vision and skills at delivering the pass

on the chest, and most times 3 players wide

is something we need to utilise in abunance

kid can and will only get better

but more importantly it should be

at what position and how long must we wait??

up the mighty warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEAGUE NUTTER

Skinner_old

I think he'll be a handy half to have, but the term "superstar" doesn't
come to mind.

I like his really fluid movement - he has great balance.

Cheers

Skinny_Ravs82

I haven't seen a replay of the game yet but I will. Was buggered to hear we lost but I am dying to know how he went, and according to what you guys are saying it sounds great.

Skinny_Ravs82

Having had a look now I must admit. He looked the total opposite of the guy I saw in the PL GRand Final last year! LOL. Ok so he was playing @ halfback then, had a rather out of sync bunch of second graders and being the captain of the side too.
But on today's effort (and from what I heard in the trials) he's certainly one to take notice of. Not the typical bright burner but I have a feeling he could be one of those ones who quietly goes about his business and lets things on the field take care of itself.
I don't want to say too much about how much the future holds for him (there is a long time for that) but hopefully he'll stay injury free this year and we'll see alot more of him in 2006!

umosay_old

Robster said:
Rovelli will be our next Super Star now that Stacey Jones has left, I know its early to predict but I have a feeling about this guy, first-five, Halfback or Hooker the Warriors should hold onto this guy for long term, A Star in the making. :)

You know talent when you see it Robster - afterall you think Justin Murphy is the best player going round.

But Rovelli did look good

Skinny_Ravs82

umosay said:
Robster said:

You know talent when you see it Robster - afterall you think Justin Murphy is the best player going round.

But Rovelli did look good

If we groom him right he'll be one to watch (that's if we don't lose him to some other team ie like the Roosters).

Robster_old

umosay I knew Justin Murphy was talent back then, thats why he was selected in the 2002 grand final side.

Skinny_Ravs82

No disresoect to Murph but this thread isn't about him. Stay on topic ta-a :wink: