General Grant Rovelli Needs A 5/8 Who Can Share The Halves Workload

What we need to do about the 5/8 postion?

• Keep the current 5/8 for next year.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sebastian_old

So more money to spend on players with Awen leaving that might be good news as Ropati as a 5/8 has not worked in my eyes, even when we won 4 in a row. Its been debated soley on him in the forum before but his ineffect on the team i think has been drasticly underestermated. I think we need a 5/8 who can pass & kick so lets hope managment end up buying one, because the presure on Ravs to kick on the last tackle especially with Hohaia getting dropped is getting too much for the poor rookie kid, he's losing confidence fast & its showing, especially when Nathen Fiens off. Ravs is a better kicker than showed last night but with Hohaia dropped & Webb out injured we had no other options turning our execution into a farce, we had no direction last night causing every one to panick, knock on & turn the ball over. Help our team warriors management, help Ravs, a 5/8 is meant to be able to pass & kick, just like Parramattas 5/8 john Morris did so management, PLEASE get one. Whether the 5/8 is from 1st grade, BC, premier league, Queensland Cup or even Jersy Fleg. If they can pass & kick sign 'em up, Ravs is too young to do all the kickng on his own. The presure is destroying his confidence & hes too valuble as a part of this team to let that happen. do you guys agree, that we buy a new 5/8 for next year??

Skinny_Ravs82

Yes, absolutely yes! There was a few people having a serious go at Ravs last weekend which I was not happy about. He is a talent there is hidden doubt there we have seen it and seen it several times but he's not going to run the entire thing on his own, he's not some one like Stacey or Joey or god forbid Tim Smith. He needs others to be there around him that can help him out. As far as I've seen 5/8 can be just as good because they are contributiors in the overal game in the halves. It's well and truely fine that they can take the line on and things; but they need to and should have vision just as much as the halfback does. Maybe comparisions are a bit harsh here; but with Ravs he's always done his best to see what's going on the outside and picks when to do things where as in Roptai (and this is for the whole world to see) he has the ball and just goes at the line; if he gets a lie break great, all helpful but majority of the time he doesn't and when there is a chance to shift the ball he does; by the time he does move the ball guys like Martin and Ah Van are left without that much room on the field and they have to come up with plays on their own.
If I've got this right Ravs handles the left side where Mannering and Vautevi are and Ropati hangs on the right with Martin and Ah Van and Ravs goes to the right also. The mangnitue of his passing and how he can give Mannering chances to move quick...etc along with Vatevi (when's not having bad a night with his hands).

I know some one's going to have a go at me soon, something about my bias to Ravs or that I'm too harsh to Roptai. Truth is, I don't have to be harsh about him every weekend you see it and I'm tired of seeing him do it time and time again.

For all I care the Warriors could find a real and proper 5/8 who can be from mars. And so what if it happens to be another aussie or another kiwi or some other race. If they are able to do the job and to actually add some depth in the halves then I'm all for it.

Lego_Man_old

What kind of retarded poll is this?

The two "options" amount to exactly the same thing...

sebastian_old

Lego_Man said:
What kind of retarded poll is this?

The two "options" amount to exactly the same thing...

I wrote the poll, tried to edit it & it went crazy. Apoligies for poll, i tried to fix it but it didn't even come up for me to edit.

sebastian_old

danco said:
we do need a 5/8.but who?

My 2 main candidates are Micheal Witt, Chris Sheppard & possibly Chris Sheppard. Anyone know anyone else, BC anyone???

Skinny_Ravs82

Another thing to note, Ropati has been playing in this 5/8 postion since ROUND 2, Ravs only got into halfback in ROUND 10. So if some one should have shown improvement by now that should have been Roptai. But has he done? I mean seriously? Ok so he's scored some nice tries and done some good things but HOW often is that? Has he been consistant week in and week out since round 2? Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen him that cosistant..ever. At least not this year maybe @ center last year he was.
"But he takes the line on and makes breaks!" some might say. If you refer to his great little move on Joey..as I said in a thread long time ago; he's pulled that move at least once every year. Nothing special. If he tries to do it again the cover defence know it immediately.

sebastian_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Yes, absolutely yes! There was a few people having a serious go at Ravs last weekend which I was not happy about. He is a talent there is hidden doubt there we have seen it and seen it several times but he's not going to run the entire thing on his own, he's not some one like Stacey or Joey or god forbid Tim Smith. He needs others to be there around him that can help him out. As far as I've seen 5/8 can be just as good because they are contributiors in the overal game in the halves. It's well and truely fine that they can take the line on and things; but they need to and should have vision just as much as the halfback does. Maybe comparisions are a bit harsh here; but with Ravs he's always done his best to see what's going on the outside and picks when to do things where as in Roptai (and this is for the whole world to see) he has the ball and just goes at the line; if he gets a lie break great, all helpful but majority of the time he doesn't and when there is a chance to shift the ball he does; by the time he does move the ball guys like Martin and Ah Van are left without that much room on the field and they have to come up with plays on their own.
If I've got this right Ravs handles the left side where Mannering and Vautevi are and Ropati hangs on the right with Martin and Ah Van and Ravs goes to the right also. The mangnitue of his passing and how he can give Mannering chances to move quick...etc along with Vatevi (when's not having bad a night with his hands).

I know some one's going to have a go at me soon, something about my bias to Ravs or that I'm too harsh to Roptai. Truth is, I don't have to be harsh about him every weekend you see it and I'm tired of seeing him do it time and time again.

For all I care the Warriors could find a real and proper 5/8 who can be from mars. And so what if it happens to be another aussie or another kiwi or some other race. If they are able to do the job and to actually add some depth in the halves then I'm all for it.

I really didn't want people bagging Ravs, as he doesn't deserve it, i'm begining to realise that his panicking kicks are due to people throwing the ball from the other side of the field because we don't have a 5/8 to help him, its ridiculous. No other team in the NRL works like that, its madness. Brent Sherwin has Daniel Holdsworth, even Andrew Johns needs a kicking partner, Kurt Gidley. Its gonna destroy Ravs confidence if he doesn't get help & thats just not good enough.

warriorfaithful*_old

I think ropati is good and i dont think he is deservinng the stick he is getting. Although i do think he should be at centre and not 5/8. So if we going to buy a 5/8 next year thats fine but i dont think ropati should be kicked out of the team it should be mannering kicked out(of the cntre position anyway) and ropati in the centres with tony martin. And maybe mannering can go play second row or something in place of awen.

sebastian_old

warriorfaithful* said:
I think ropati is good and i dont think he is deservinng the stick he is getting. Although i do think he should be at centre and not 5/8. So if we going to buy a 5/8 next year thats fine but i dont think ropati should be kicked out of the team it should be mannering and ropati in the centres with tony martin. And mannering can go plays second row or something in place of awen.

No problem with that, keep in the team Ropati just at centre, wing or bench.

Skinny_Ravs82

warriorfaithful* said:
I think ropati is good and i dont think he is deservinng the stick he is getting. Although i do think he should be at centre and not 5/8. So if we going to buy a 5/8 next year thats fine but i dont think ropati should be kicked out of the team it should be mannering kicked out(of the cntre position anyway) and ropati in the centres with tony martin. And maybe mannering can go play second row or something in place of awen.

He should never have been given the 5/8 duty in the first place.

D Generation X_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Another thing to note, Ropati has been playing in this 5/8 postion since ROUND 2, Ravs only got into halfback in ROUND 10. So if some one should have shown improvement by now that should have been Roptai. But has he done? I mean seriously? Ok so he's scored some nice tries and done some good things but HOW often is that? Has he been consistant week in and week out since round 2? Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen him that cosistant..ever. At least not this year maybe @ center last year he was.
"But he takes the line on and makes breaks!" some might say. If you refer to his great little move on Joey..as I said in a thread long time ago; he's pulled that move at least once every year. Nothing special. If he tries to do it again the cover defence know it immediately.
i know his bad at 5/8

D Generation X_old

i wish we had preston cambell as our 5/8 he could of been good but his going titans next season damn

Skinny_Ravs82

Eek! No! lol. he's a worry on defence. and his kicking...mmm..only looks good because of gower really :p

sebastian_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Eek! No! lol. he's a worry on defence. and his kicking...mmm..only looks good because of gower really :p

Definitly, Little presto is a speed hump in defense.