General Grand Final 2018 (1 Viewer)

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
I have never been to a Grand Final in the near 40 years i have watch Rugby League. I have made up my mind and my wallets mind that this year will be the year regardless of which 2 teams are there.

One question to those who have been before. Is it best to go on one of those tours with other league supporters, one price and everything is sorted for you, or organise everything myself and it might work out slightly cheaper.

Reactions: bruce and Defence

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I have been to 6 finals over the years all self organised.

I only stopped going because getting a decent seat was too bloody hard

The stadium is so big that in some areas it is like watching ants run around and you end up watching the big screen - I finally decided I could do that at home for far less money.

If a tour guarantees you a good seat then go that way

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Sorry forgot- haven’t tickets already gone on public sale sometime ago so depending on sales to date a tour might be only option or you might need to buy a scalped ticket from a supporter whose team doesn’t make the final

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Go yourself rather than via a tour if you want to save the extra cash.

Initial allotment sold out but upto week before grand final will see quite a bit more become available. Great experience.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I have never been to a Grand Final in the near 40 years i have watch Rugby League. I have made up my mind and my wallets mind that this year will be the year regardless of which 2 teams are there.

One question to those who have been before. Is it best to go on one of those tours with other league supporters, one price and everything is sorted for you, or organise everything myself and it might work out slightly cheaper.
Save your money and book a couple of weeks holiday. Get a flight to England and watch the ESL final on 13 October. Have a couple of days in Manchester and Liverpool. Spend the next couple of weeks touring around London, York, Edinburgh (east coast mainline train). Get some culture. Watch the first England v NZ test match at Hull on 27 October (not far from York on the train), pack up and go home, you'll probably want to after being in Hull tbf.
Exchange rate is good and beers cheaper here by all accounts.
Unless Warriors get to the final will be a defence dominated attritional battle anyhow

Reactions: Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Save your money and book a couple of weeks holiday. Get a flight to England and watch the ESL final on 13 October. Have a couple of days in Manchester and Liverpool. Spend the next couple of weeks touring around London, York, Edinburgh (east coast mainline train). Get some culture. Watch the first England v NZ test match at Hull on 27 October (not far from York on the train), pack up and go home, you'll probably want to after being in Hull tbf.
Unless Warriors get to the final will be a defence dominated attritional battle anyhow
How much is that trip all up Yugo, presuming we all take up your offer to crash at your place

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Yeah I was hyped for the GF until I read his pitch. He's probably a travel agent
Merely pointing out the bleeding obvious to us northern hemisphere types that Oz is not in fact the centre of the RL universe. All three cities I love, went to York the other week and it looked fabulous, walked around the city walls etc.

Atmosphere at the ESL final if you ever get the chance to go is tremendous.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
God knows, flights are cheaper than what they were though. Big thing for tourists from Oz/NZ will be exchange rate, pound is very low.

I should start a travel blog
Last time I went it was 26 hours to England, ok it was worth it for the culture and the beer, especially in York but bugger me it is only 3 hours or so to Sydney from here, mind you no culture, crap beer and the natives are dodgy as well. So might as well stay home.o_O

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Last time I went it was 26 hours to England, ok it was worth it for the culture and the beer, especially in York but bugger me it is only 3 hours or so to Sydney from here, mind you no culture, crap beer and the natives are dodgy as well. So might as well stay home.o_O
Bruce, you may not be able to trace English relatives for more than a century but I’ll bet here and now they were from Yorkshire. Anyone in your family history called Boycott or Trueman?

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Might miss the flight home if using East Coast Mainline trains!

• Haha
Reactions: Hardyman's Yugo

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Bruce, you may not be able to trace English relatives for more than a century but I’ll bet here and now they were from Yorkshire. Anyone in your family history called Boycott or Trueman?
I would like them to have been from Yorkshire but they weren't. They were aristocratic Normans last settled in a stately home in Warwickshire before they moved on to other conquests across the water. they definitely would never have followed rugby league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings