General Global Warming

146AB9F2-94B9-4A34-8861-F5DB5FE80877.jpeg

Thought I would post this.
South East Queensland has had its coldest start to December on record.
Thursday in Brisbane was a maximum of 17 degrees.
Usually at this time of year Brisbane is around 27 degrees plus and uncomfortably humid.

bruce

Contributor
Usually at this time of year Brisbane is around 27 degrees plus and uncomfortably humid.
That is the same as Auckland. Global warming is a misnomer, and has been for decades. The earth is warming, but the effects can be bloody cold as well. The carbon lobby just love that, the farkwits. :rolleyes:

What they cannot deny is the lack of snow falling on the Rockies causing the rivers in Merka to dry up.

tajhay

🏉

That is the same as Auckland. Global warming is a misnomer, and has been for decades. The earth is warming, but the effects can be bloody cold as well. The carbon lobby just love that, the farkwits. :rolleyes:
You guys understand what la nina is right? Right?

bruce

Contributor
You guys understand what la nina is right? Right?
La Nina should be bringing the winds in from the north, so warmer and wetter.
El Nino should be bringing winds from the south, so cooler and drier. This season we have has the wet weather but cool night temperatures, very strange.

bruce

Contributor
Must be incredibly gradual if it's been happening as long as you guys can remember, sounds like it's stayed more or less the same for nearly a century.
Having a late summer is nothing new for Auckland.
What has changed is that way back most summers were droughts that extended into February and March. December could be wet and cold, even November could be cool.
if you have a look at any old pics of the harbour and gulf from back then it was like the Gobi desert.
Not now though, they are all usually green.

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Contributor
Just had to wonder about this article:

The chemical hydrogen cyanimide was first used about 1986 in New Zealand due to global warming (even back then) causing a serious drop in kiwifruit production.

I first heard they were going to ban it in 1992.

So this is news? My guess a looming environmental trade tariff.

• Wow
Reactions: Worried2Death