General Gingers Etc

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
Apparently Joel Monaghan is off contract at Warrington and his impending deal with Cronulla has fallen through.

He might be looking for an easier way of reintroducing himself to the NRL... perhaps through Auckland as not that many people here would know about his canine experiences?

He has played SOO and for the Kangaroos at wing?
And we would finally have a ginga in the team to make fun of..he must to of been Farking trollyed that night.k9 antics

Buck777

They wouldn't like our Tuis billboards then. They mock ginga's about once a month.
My mates son dyed his hair after reading the last one. In saying that you probably get more flak being a warriors supporter atm

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2012
christchurch
Typical advertising fuckwits who think they are funny.

My red headed nieces and nephews already get bullied at school by retards who think it's hilarious to make fun of 'gingas'.

It's just weak and shit.
How do they feel about hug a ginger day?

Because from the various places I've been too it's receives mixed emotions.

Danpatmac

How do they feel about hug a ginger day?

Because from the various places I've been too it's receives mixed emotions.
they hate it... randoms in the street touching them and making a fuss over them. It is pretty demeaning and suggests that there is something wrong with them, requiring comforting.

It just reinforces that they are inferior and to be honest it really fucks me off.

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2012
christchurch
they hate it... randoms in the street touching them and making a fuss over them. It is pretty demeaning and suggests that there is something wrong with them, requiring comforting.

It just reinforces that they are inferior and to be honest it really fucks me off.
That sucks, I had a case sort of like that recently when a social worker came to school and I was the only Brown kid in the room. She seemed to be looking at me as she was asking her drug/booze questions. I asked some of the girls who were naturally the only other people paying attention and they agreed. We all thought it was funny because I wasn't the type to use them and I doubt she did it intentionally.

New Zealand just isn't as joyful as we all would like to pretend.

Buck777

Tbh I never regarded Monaghan as a ginga, just someone on the SPCA's most wanted.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
They have even got the typical Indian dairy owner.. no stereotyping there
I remember an old Billy T James skit where he was reffing a game of soccer with an Indian soccer team and refused to award them a corner because he said "Each time he awarded them a corner, they turned it into a dairy"

Reactions: Mr Frank White

charlie bobmarley

1st Grade Fringe
May 16, 2012
Gold Coast
Yeah it wasnt until my daughter was 5 yrs old that she realised that ginger-tosser was not an acceptable term to describe the freaks-of-nature amongst her peers.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Before I get accused of being a gingaphobic - I'm married to one. She's warned the guys at her work that if anyone tried to hug her, they would receive a swift knee to the family jewels - not surprisingly, they all kept their distance.

Buck777

Before I get accused of being a gingaphobic - I'm married to one. She's warned the guys at her work that if anyone tried to hug her, they would receive a swift knee to the family jewels - not surprisingly, they all kept their distance.
awesome. We had an unfortunate looking guy wear a red wig on hug a ginga day in the hope he'd get some action.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Good on her. Anyone stupid enough to walk up to a stranger and grab them, hug or not, deserves to have their teeth knocked out.

This "ginger" subject has to be one of the last forms of accepted prejudice. Anyone who has supported the warriors knows the Polynesian stereotypes and reaction they get. Its the kind of stuff kids talk about and personally I cringe when adults do it.

Reactions: Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Good on her. Anyone stupid enough to walk up to a stranger and grab them, hug or not, deserves to have their teeth knocked out.

This "ginger" subject has to be one of the last forms of accepted prejudice. Anyone who has supported the warriors knows the Polynesian stereotypes and reaction they get. Its the kind of stuff kids talk about and personally I cringe when adults do it.
One of the Ropati brothers manages her warehouse at work. He told me one time that after all his time playing league (including internationals), there was only two people in this world he was scared off, his wife and mine.

Buck777

I reckon blondes get it worse. The blond jokes wear thin and they don't even get a day a year for hugs

Trying to think of the Ginga's we've had at the Warriors.
Daniel Anderson
Ian Henderson
Kevin Campion (?) not sure.
Kiwis- Gary Freeman? ( might be getting confused with his old Balmain jersey)

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2012
christchurch
Isn't that a kind prejudice against kids thinking that it's okay for kids to do it on the basis they're kids and yet it is crginge worth when an adult does it?