tookeytookey_old

I know this is getting to far ahead of myself here but wouldn't it be amusing if the starting hooker in the Grand Final winning team doesn't have a club next year?

Happened with Simon Bonetti against us in 2002.

tookeytookey_old

Can someone please tell me where his families fish n chip shop is based?

Cuz I could really see him fitting in well at somewhere like the Knights or the Rabbitohs and depending how close it is to his hometown could suit him aswell.

The fish n chip shop is in Townsville, home of the Cowboys. It'd be a hella commute to the Rabbits or Knights for training :-D

Skinny_Ravs82

Funny how everyone seems to be loving his work the last few weeks and yet at the start to middle of the year everyone wanted him out

blain91_old

he could replace faimu. it would be great to play against georgie next year. i wouldnt be suprised if he goes to the roosters, souths or cowboys

waipiro_old

Funny how everyone seems to be loving his work the last few weeks and yet at the start to middle of the year everyone wanted him out

George has always been solid but his form has been great of late and that mirrors that of the team as a whole. Hard to pick many who were great in the middle of the year

Kav_old

The decision to let him go is baffling. He has played well throughout the season which can't be said about a few others with salaries much higher than his. Along with Isaac Luke, he is the form hooker of the comp at the moment (and probably the least paid). He is in outstanding form which must be embarrassing for those at the Warriors who decided to cut him.

Kav

commonsense_old

i think the decision to cut him was based on his reluctance to commit to a long-term contract. he was after a 1 year contract while i think the warriors are looking more to the long-term future, hence resigning hohaia and signing henderson.

gatis is definitely the form hooker of the nrl atm. and issac luke... isnt that kid a talent??!? the kiwi future looks even better now with the emergence of guys like luke, chase, inu etc.

sebastian_old

I know this is getting to far ahead of myself here but wouldn't it be amusing if the starting hooker in the Grand Final winning team doesn't have a club next year?

I'd be stunned if we made even just the finals & he wasn't offered a contract somewhere else, although he seems settled on the idea of going back home or could he just being polite?

Kav_old

i think the decision to cut him was based on his reluctance to commit to a long-term contract. he was after a 1 year contract while i think the warriors are looking more to the long-term future, hence resigning hohaia and signing henderson.

gatis is definitely the form hooker of the nrl atm. and issac luke... isnt that kid a talent??!? the kiwi future looks even better now with the emergence of guys like luke, chase, inu etc.

Amazing that Souths got back in the game against the Titans last Saturday as soon as Luke returned to the field (and he didn't have to do too much either!).

Kav

auck06_old

sad to see him go but the warriors need to focus on the long term future but i hope what ever he decides to do it works out for him.

Swanley_old

Gatis was very poor at the start of the year, even got dropped to the Lions.

Then Henderson was signed. Which is not a bad thing because he is a good player.

As for now, everyone is playing well, which makes it easier.

I think in Gatis's favour, he is not fussed about a new contract.

I think Manly may have a dip at him.

sebastian_old

Then Henderson was signed. Which is not a bad thing because he is a good player.

As for now, everyone is playing well, which makes it easier.

I think in Gatis's favour, he is not fussed about a new contract.

I think Manly may have a dip at him.

Unfortuntaly for George Manly signed the Easts hooker Heath L. today, i do think he deserve's a offer from a club & hope he gets a contract, however i'm not sure if he actually wants a new contract going on some of quoted comments.

Jesbass_old

Unfortuntaly for George Manly signed the Easts hooker Heath L. today, i do think he deserve's a offer from a club & hope he gets a contract, however i'm not sure if he actually wants a new contract going on some of quoted comments.

Yeah, I don't think it goes to the point of him not wanting a contract - he just doesn't want to get nailed into a long term contract, especially igf his family needs him. I think it's simply that he doesn't put his job up as his number one priority, which is the same reason Lauiti'iti got thrown off a rapidly sinking boat a few years ago.

Skinny_Ravs82

Plus, for some footy isn't everything and in a way Georgie's case heads to that. First and main priority for him is the family business and then the footy that's good too.

Kav_old

Sorry Swanley, I disagree - Gatis has been consistently good value for the team
this season. He got concussed against Manly and that set him back and he had one spell in premier grade but his absence didn't help the cause of the top team.

Kav