General George Gatis at 5/8 next year..............

danielspencer2_old

What are your thoughts of George gatis at 5/8th next year if they are looking for someone better thanr ropati? When he played batercard cup last week, late in the game he played Halfback and did okay. I think he'll be a good 5/8th next year and might give ropati a run for his money. Man the warriors better sign Gatis on for another year at least.How much do u think gatis gets per season as he's former NRL player? And would the warriors have to pay a higher price to extend his contract another year and it wouldn't harm the salary cap too much would it?

MarkW_old

Has Gatis ever played that position before? I'm not sure he's the answer at 5/8, but is worth keeping as a backup hooker/bench player if the club can afford him.
Ropati played well against Souths, chipping in with 2 tries. He's slowly getting better in the standoff role.
I think Cleary will leave him there for this season at least.
As for 2007 - maybe the Warriors have a plan for a new 5/8 - we'll see later rather than sooner.

EnterFien_old

I think you will find that John Morris from Parramatta could be our 5/8 next year. From the bits and piece I have heard form some important figures is that the Warriors Want Wade McKinnon and John Morris as a package deal so to speak.

Atleast that is the word coming out of the Eels

Esoj_old

well there is also rumours/mail whatever that john morris is going to the tigers.

gatis is a fine player off the bench and excellent back up in case fien or rovelli gets injured. hopefully the club can re-sign him as he hasn't let the team down yet.

as for 5/8 I think they will proabbly test the market see who is out there.

EnterFien_old

There is no doubt that the Warriors should re-sign Gatis but he won't and never will play 5/8 for the Warriors.

Morris link with the Tigers looks to be squashed. He is good friends with Wade and if we secure Wade which looks about 80% certain then you can count on Morris following.

MiXmasterreece_old

EnterFien said:
There is no doubt that the Warriors should re-sign Gatis but he won't and never will play 5/8 for the Warriors.

Morris link with the Tigers looks to be squashed. He is good friends with Wade and if we secure Wade which looks about 80% certain then you can count on Morris following.

looks to be squashed? I think he's almost signed, sealed and delivered to the tigers

haami_old

Ropo.seems to be going alright.

That's where Cleary wants him at the moment.

Gatis.....well,He was signed up as a hooker.Even his age might be against him.

danco_old

july will be interisting who stays who goes, I have faith in Ivan so lets wait and see,

Wiki_old

Depending on how Ropo does this year, go to the market for a 5/8th and a full back.

We have everything else covered in NZ.

Skinny_Ravs82

danielspencer2 said:
What are your thoughts of George gatis at 5/8th next year if they are looking for someone better thanr ropati? When he played batercard cup last week, late in the game he played Halfback and did okay. I think he'll be a good 5/8th next year and might give ropati a run for his money. Man the warriors better sign Gatis on for another year at least.How much do u think gatis gets per season as he's former NRL player? And would the warriors have to pay a higher price to extend his contract another year and it wouldn't harm the salary cap too much would it?

Sorry, no don't think so. Not that he isn't good enough or anything of the sort but anymore experiminiting in that spot...and well it's not good. It took us a while this year to even get it sorted. And while I'm not a Ropo fan at all; for mind he's going ok and so far so good for him. The likes of him, Ravs, Fien, Hohaia and Gatis are doing quite nicely together and I'm not really into the thought of ruffling those guys from their positions right now.

commonsense_old

gatis at 5/8th???
u must be smoking something bro lol.

he is a solid hooker and he deserves to be in the 17. but not at 5/8th.

EnterFien_old

EnterFien said:

I stand corrected. John Morris has signed a 3 year deal with the Tigers.

I apologise

Iafeta_old

Ropo's coming of age - I'm liking what I've seeing.

I bagged the bloke like there was no tomorrow, but full marks to him, he's showing his talents finally.

warriorfaithful*_old

Iafeta said:
Ropo's coming of age - I'm liking what I've seeing.

I bagged the bloke like there was no tomorrow, but full marks to him, he's showing his talents finally.

Yeah playing good footy at the moment aye. What a shimmy step he put on yesterday to beat peachey and score lol

JonB_old

Im not sure that Gattis would have the enitre skill set to play 6 well, however I don't think he would fail in a stop-gap solution.

warriors4life_old

Maybe he could come off the bench and play it every now and again but I wouldn't have him as our fulltime 5/8. Apart from the fact that he lacks a kicking game to rival fellow five/eighths he also is inexperienced in the position at NRL level. I don't see why we should pull him out of his normal position and make him adapt to a new one.