General General Warriors News

Jay M

Jay M

Contributor
Draw nice pictures of our failures. Sorry the last few years have worn on me.

I saw that advertised and thought it would be cool working there. Not my specialty.

I work in data protection and storage and we used to get articles or videos from different vendors on how sports teams would use their products to get data during games or process data. Always thought it would be a good place to pitch to especially when Glenn and Watson had that conference about investing in the club facilities and technology.
I've always thought it'd be cool to work there (I have a different skillset to design though). Then I realised, I'd just be sad all day every day at work after losses... I don't think I could do it...

Reactions: Up the guttz
Blackdot

Blackdot

Looks like Vodafone is going through a rebrand or being brought out, or I dunno something? They’ve been doing some marketing campaigns with the letters of their slowly dropping off (odafone, dafone, fone). I don’t care at all, but any potential implications on the Warriors? I wonder what our new name will be. Hopefully the logo suits our jersey ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Looks like Vodafone is going through a rebrand or being brought out, or I dunno something? They’ve been doing some marketing campaigns with the letters of their slowly dropping off (odafone, dafone, fone). I don’t care at all, but any potential implications on the Warriors? I wonder what our new name will be. Hopefully the logo suits our jersey ok.
Vodafone and the Warriors are a good combination.

They have had new management for some months now. There have been lots of errors.

For example I have a broadband and phone account. They have always invoiced me separately, which is dumb, but I have paid it for many years now.

In the past year I kept getting late payment notices, with an $18 fee.

The payments were made, but they credited it to the wrong account.

So I thought I must have done something wrong. So I tried really hard to get it right next time.

Then the feckers stopped my connection, which really pissed me off.

So I call and ask WTF???

The dude says you are doing it wrong, you money is going to the wrong account.

I said listen here, very carefully, because you are going to have to tell your supervisor.

Because I am so stupid, and cannot pay the right account. I am going to cancel your broadband account today and find another provider.

That will surely fix the problem. I will wait for your supervisor's answer.

Wait a short time.

My supervisor says sorry, and we are going to refund all your $18 charges.

Can I ask one more question? Yes.

Am I the only fecker this is happening to? Errr...actually no. It has happened to me any times, and many other people as well!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Vodafone and the Warriors are a good combination.

They have had new management for some months now. There have been lots of errors.

For example I have a broadband and phone account. They have always invoiced me separately, which is dumb, but I have paid it for many years now.

In the past year I kept getting late payment notices, with an $18 fee.

The payments were made, but they credited it to the wrong account.

So I thought I must have done something wrong. So I tried really hard to get it right next time.

Then the feckers stopped my connection, which really pissed me off.

So I call and ask WTF???

The dude says you are doing it wrong, you money is going to the wrong account.

I said listen here, very carefully, because you are going to have to tell your supervisor.

Because I am so stupid, and cannot pay the right account. I am going to cancel your broadband account today and find another provider.

That will surely fix the problem. I will wait for your supervisor's answer.

Wait a short time.

My supervisor says sorry, and we are going to refund all your $18 charges.

Can I ask one more question? Yes.

Am I the only fecker this is happening to? Errr...actually no. It has happened to me any times, and many other people as well!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!
I can't help but suspect dark forces behind all of this somehow, what are the chances it all leads back to the dark one himself, Rupert Moloch?

What was Mick Jagger really trying to tell us on Sympathy for the Devil? It's all adding up again

Images 67

Last edited:
TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

The “Fone/Phoney Warriors” would be quite an appropriate name for the team, especially with how they played this season 🙃

snake77

snake77

That is so upsetting to see. Stealing or vandalism is crap as it is but it is really gut-wrenching when it's things of sentimental value that someone has spent a lot of money on or dedicated a lot of time towards

I'm not across this too much but my understanding from an article a while back is this is stuff he has donated or put on display for everyone to enjoy.

Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

Contributor
Sick of ramraid c*nts. My brother in law manages a Michael Hill in Akl and his store already been hit a couple of times (including while they were there).
Also my old local bottle store in Brooklyn Welly got a car in it a while back.

Need some vigilante justice dealt upon them, The Batman style.

snake77

snake77

It's good seeing a lot of these guys doing well in their life after football.

The concern in the 90s when the money went up and guys went full-time professional was that players would leave the game with no skills to fall back on if their football career was cut short either due to being cut/injured. Or they didn't earn enough to live after football.

It has been a focus of the NRL and the clubs to get guys' education and prepared for life after football.

It's good seeing these guys go on to different careers after football.