General General Warriors News

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the feeling that this club could be on the way out ?
There seems to be a lot of fuckbuggery with staff & not in a fun way
- senior staff gone & lesser versions coming in but no hint of meaningful player signings,
- lame as merchandise
- CEO has made some really weird decisions (SJ & Eden Park for instance) & shut down any communication with fans. I admit I thought Cameron George would be good for the Warriors when he came here but now I'm definitely on the other side.
Understandable that a new owner would want to make some changes but imo it reads like a business that's on the verge of closing down & everything's being done on the cheap meantime.
No way would the NRL let the Warriors die as a club just because of on-field issues. They may have had something to say if Watson hadn't sold, but when he did they probably thought "let's give the ARL/Autex time to get things right" and nek minnit it's just Autex so they'd be sitting back and watching.

I can only see the Warriors being killed off after several club failures - ie the NRL/News having to dig into their own pockets to dig the club out of financial messes one too many times. We all know the NRL said officially that there's no more money for bail-outs, but then you start to hear talk about clubs that are strategically important to the NRL - and Manly and the Warrios would be two of those - and you can bet if push came of shove with those clubs....oh, look, the NRL have found some foldies stuffed under the couch!

To your other points:
Merchandise being lame - True, but it has always sucked, IMO. Too many shirts, too expensive...
CG being an arse - Too many screw-ups in his time. But can't say anyone else is his position has been flawless. Next one out the door, most likely..
Recruitment - No point making noises about players when those players say no. Do you talk about Johny Whodacrapishe who the Warriors have signed from the Male Model From Mudgee Competition or David Fafita/Some Top Shelf NRL Player who said Yeah, Nah one minute into the conversation?

Last edited:
Top Bottom