General General Warriors News

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Same ol approach to be honest, don’t be fooled...

Roache...Ahhhh Novus!
They seem a decent bunch putting in. It is that extra 2% that makes the difference between winning and losing that is missing. Where that is going to come from is anybody's guess, but I don't think it will be from the coach.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe not the correct thread...but...I read this from Phil Gifford about the Crusaders setup

A story Todd Blackadder told me for his book, Loyal , illustrates how you didn't mess with Motsy. In the 2000 Crusaders' squad as a fulltime member for the first time was No 8 Ron Cribb, unwanted by the Blues.

Cribb came from North Harbour, where the culture, Harbour's All Black centre Frank Bunce once explained, was so casual that "if we dropped every guy who was late for training from the next game, you'd be lucky to have anyone on the field".

So when Big Ron strolled into his first gym session in Christchurch with Anthony, a fitness fanatic who regularly competed in the Coast to Coast endurance event, and detested lateness, the local players waited for the fun.

They weren't disappointed.

Cribb was verbally pinned to the wall, and lashed with words until he was reeling.

"The poor bugger was like someone caught in the path of a hurricane", recalled Blackadder.

There was an upside.

Cribb was never late again, and his fitness and form all season was so outstanding, he made the All Blacks.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe not the correct thread...but...I read this from Phil Gifford about the Crusaders setup

A story Todd Blackadder told me for his book, Loyal , illustrates how you didn't mess with Motsy. In the 2000 Crusaders' squad as a fulltime member for the first time was No 8 Ron Cribb, unwanted by the Blues.

Cribb came from North Harbour, where the culture, Harbour's All Black centre Frank Bunce once explained, was so casual that "if we dropped every guy who was late for training from the next game, you'd be lucky to have anyone on the field".

So when Big Ron strolled into his first gym session in Christchurch with Anthony, a fitness fanatic who regularly competed in the Coast to Coast endurance event, and detested lateness, the local players waited for the fun.

Cribb was verbally pinned to the wall, and lashed with words until he was reeling.

"The poor bugger was like someone caught in the path of a hurricane", recalled Blackadder.

There was an upside.

Cribb was never late again, and his fitness and form all season was so outstanding, he made the All Blacks.
BTW that isn't the only story I have heard about Aucklanders going to Canterbury and being sorted out for being slack. No other word for it...slack...and we wonder why our club has had problems,.

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
BTW that isn't the only story I have heard about Aucklanders going to Canterbury and being sorted out for being slack. No other word for it...slack...and we wonder why our club has had problems,.
Cant argue with you there bruce, thats why i gtfo of the vortex of nothingness that is auckland...

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score

There was an upside.

that's what we...

Leadership.
Accountability.
Culture.
Knowledge.

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
that's what we...

Leadership.
Accountability.
Culture.
Knowledge.
Damn i couldnt have put it better myself...the question i find myself asking tho is what is the remedy to our problems? Surely sacking Sk doesnt magically fix everything (and no i aint advocating for him to stay)

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Reaction score
Damn i couldnt have put it better myself...the question i find myself asking tho is what is the remedy to our problems?
Relocate to PNG for a season. Whoever survives after a season can come back. If no-one comes back alive, we get to start the club afresh.

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bold...bloody stupid...if you ask me. Advertising is all about accentuiating the positive eliminating the negative.
I disagree Bruce...at least they are openly admitting last year was stink. Best to get the negative out first and then focus on the positive. I do like this sort of stuff, but I take it with a pinch of salt. It's the results on the field which matter.

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Relocate to PNG for a season. Whoever survives after a season can come back. If no-one comes back alive, we get to start the club afresh.
:eek:Well i can honestly say i didnt see that answer coming lol..thought you woulda said relocate cities not countries haha..well played guv..sounds like a plan :p

Reaction score
Weno

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Roache just wants to be out there putting it in no matter which grade.
Humble with passion and grateful for any opportunity. .

He is so stacked in comparison to Lawton.

Hope he can overcome his injuries.
Three way competition for the starting birth.

Good luck to you all.

Wonder with them all recovering and getting up to scratch if Mullany can rob the nest.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Bold...bloody stupid...if you ask me. Advertising is all about accentuiating the positive eliminating the negative.
Well, doing that has hardly lead the team to great success, has it? I think it's good to acknowledge that, yes, last year was pretty naff. It would be wrong to end the video with allusions to fan criticism, of course.

Roache appears to have a good solid head on his shoulders, quietly confident things will go okay but aware that, as he said, he'll probably fail his first ACL test and have to do another month's rehab.

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Some of these Warriors are doing alright. They been on holiday for 2 and a half months. Where is the motivation to make the finals again, "we get paid the same but have to work an extra 4 weeks??"

Reaction score

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I reckon if the team doesn't make the 8 they should all report for duty on the 1st November. (Or maybe 1st October as they have already had a month off.)

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I reckon if the team doesn't make the 8 they should all report for duty on the 1st November. (Or maybe 1st October as they have already had a month off.)
Exactly....if they aren’t playing international footy they should all be back day 1... not just the juniors and invited guests. From what I gather most of the first graders are back on Monday (11th).

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Though as fans we would like to see this but damn a season of NRL or any professional sport is not only physically demanding but mentally too. And especially in a team that travels 40ks a year. I know no excuses but that’ll be so tolling on the body and mind.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Reaction score
No! We have to make training fun else what was the point of getting Corvo fired! Remember, less is more, fun is better than working hard. It works so well for us so other successful clubs won't try to copy this practice.

Let's keep all this a secret and call it our unique culture.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Though as fans we would like to see this but damn a season of NRL or any professional sport is not only physically demanding but mentally too. And especially in a team that travels 40ks a year. I know no excuses but that’ll be so tolling on the body and mind.
spare a thought for the proposed team from WA

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
No! We have to make training fun else what was the point of getting Corvo fired! Remember, less is more, fun is better than working hard.
Seriously though, and just to show I am not being negative for the sake of it, anybody who has any training in coaching, presentation or public speaking knows that SK is not a good communicator.

All good speakers and therefore coaches must have good ethos. He had it as a player in spades, as a coach he has never had it and is losing what he might have had.

I was impressed by that stint he did at Sky City speaking to other sports coaches a couple of years ago. However in hindsight I can only assume he spent two weeks rehearsing it in typical SK hard work style.

Top Bottom