General General Warriors News

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 14, 2013.

1. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

That article "coincidently" popped up just as the Lino/SJ debate took off here.

That's what he does, and the reason I pay him no attention. He looks, listens and reads about what people are talking about and then tries to create the most controversial/devisive article he can to pour gasoline on the fire.

It's all about dem clicks, nothing more. Opinions, logic and anything resembling journalism are a distant second.

2. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I like guys like Chris Rattue, Veitch Mark Watson...they play the stirrer well and even though it pisses me off sometimes...I gotta remind myself it is very good for the code to stay relevant...good or bad is always preferable to indifferent.

Rattue is the ultimate though...I mean even Mark Watson has him on his show as some kind of Mentor of shit stirrers.

I remember when Chris was a much younger journalist and staunch supporter of the Warriors.

He was there at the start and he was on the side of the club.

He got burnt like the rest of us by standing too close to the trees....he lost sight of the Forest.

Then he switched to Union reporting while Peter Jessup stepped into the Warriors NRL reporter job.

Rattue seemed to start a war of hate with League and the Warriors once he was in the fold of the Fundamentalist Union cult,

I went off him after that and thought typical Union turn coat...he just couldn't leave putting the boot in alone...even though it wasnt his brief anymore....and so Chris Rattue...I hope you realize that the Warriors were the making of you and your devilish advocacy persona villain par excellance ..,..you're welcome.

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

The thing with Chris Ratsarse is he likes to stir the rugby union pot too. One week he is telling people Dan Carter and Richie McCaw need to retire then after the RWC hes wanting to Knight them both and calling them the best players to ever play the game.

This is a very common thread through all his pieces. Simply playing the devils advocate for the hell of it. I have very little time for the pompous bitch and stopped reading his rubbish years ago. The sports journalist equivalent of tabloid trash and its a sad legacy he will be remembered harshly for...

4. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

And fark me on Wottos show you can tell why he isn’t on the radio his voice is like a bucket of turds rattling around.

5. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

During the Cleary years Rattue was going on how great the club was going. Auckland a league city etc. A few losses and a get that into ya you useless pricks article would be written.

The last few years the club has been an easy target.

This year he has been using his praise of the club to take shots at the Blues.

6. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Have heard him speak at a Rugby League book launch and his monotone and mumbling damn near put me to sleep. As soon as the formalities were over someone went up to him and took him to task about his pieces. He bolted out of that bookstore quick smart...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    New Zealand sporting administrator Bill MacGowan dies
    New Zealand has lost one of its greatest sporting administrators.

Former New Zealand Football CEO Bill MacGowan, who also held the top role at New Zealand Golf and the Warriors, has passed away.

His last position was as head of Auckland Football, until he stepped down last July due to illness.

His impact on sport in this country, particularly football, was profound.

"Bill took over New Zealand Football when the game was at rock bottom," said former Waitakere United chairman Rex Dawkins. "He took over a game in crisis and put it back together again."

"He modernised the game," added former All Whites skipper Rodger Gray. "He was hugely passionate about football and also had the players and the game at heart in everything that he did. Given his service, he touched the lives of a couple of decades of New Zealand players."

Former colleagues spoke of his ability to engage with people "at any level", and his ability to get things done. Another added that football "owes him a hell of a debt of gratitude" and that his passion and integrity could never be faulted.

MacGowan was also at the helm of the Auckland Warriors between 1997 and 1998, guiding them through the turbulent era of the Super League war.

"Bill was an outstanding CEO," remembered former Warriors chairman Peter Macky. "With his wide knowledge of sports clubs, as well as his objectivity, wit and intellect, he quickly understood the club's culture. He also implemented a new financial regime with an understated but determined manner. [Before] Bill's tenure, the company's financial systems and controls had been loose. But with his new systems, the company's financial performance was vastly improved."

A keen golfer, he also held the top job at New Zealand Golf between 2007 and 2010.

8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/bill-macgowan.60901/

9. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Had to laugh at this week's ratsarse stir, apparently the NRL don't do enough for indigenous coaches..

Mal Meninga.

10. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

That's classic.,,,dudes from Vanuatu...Tanna Island.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

:oops:

12. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

Tanna & Solomon Islander aye.

13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Nor really. Mel is a true blue Queenslander but his great grandfather came from Vanuatu. I saw a "Who do you think you are" on him a while back. I think his great grandmother was Irish. His great grandfather and a mate hitched a ride on a boat to Queensland to get work in the cane fields way back in the 1800s.

14. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

All the boys are growing ( or trying to grow) beards for Sim.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

15. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

just got to say, loving this positive vibe around this team !

i know its been along time between drinks for us playing footy in september but it seems the negative nellies have buggered off and we are even leading the sports news on telly now

f@ck who knows, it could change again in about 12 hours but im loving the ride and im not going to jinx it.

lets go boys, warriors tonight by 11

16. Ozwarrior
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2014

Ozwarrior 1st Grade Fringe

How the Warriors turned around last year’s shocking away record
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    • Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    • Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    NEW ZEALAND’S away record in 2018 perfectly epitomises the shift in attitude and professionalism at the club.

The Warriors managed a single away win last year but that has improved to eight victories on the road this season.

Edge backrower Tohu Harris has revealed increased planning around their time across the ditch has been the difference.

Tohu Harris says the Warriors have worked hard to change. Picture: Richard Dobson
    “We’ve really used the away times to get to know each other and build a chemistry with each other which has really helped us on the field,” he said.

“There has been more planning and more professionalism around scheduling, around food and things like that that the coaching and training staff handle.”

The Warriors, who haven’t taken part in a finals series since 2011, will have their formula for success away from home tested when Stephen Kearney’s men line up against the Penrith Panthers for their most important game on Australian soil in seven years.

But Harris says their new routine while travelling has his side prepared as they’ll ever be for their elimination final against Penrith in Sydney.

The Warriors are a much tighter group these days and it shows. Picture: Getty Images
    “It has also been a focus for the players to try and improve that record and we know if you want to do well in the competition you’ve got to win away from home,” he said.

“It’s the position we find ourselves in the moment, we have to prepare well and we’ve spoke all year about preparing well from home and that’s what we will do tonight.”

Harris left Melbourne, a club whose reputation is built on professionalism, to join the Warriors, a club often derided as perennial underachievers and criticised for their laid-back approach.

But Harris revealed his new teammates had made a commitment to change the “direction of the club”.

Get your Dragons finals poster in the Sunday Telegraph.
    To ensure players upheld their promise, Alex Corvo was hired as the club’s strength and conditioning coach

The Kiwi international says Corvo, who is known for his unrelenting fitness programs, ran the pre-season in the same way he had while he was a trainer at the Storm.

“What he brings is holding the standards and not letting that slip,” he said.

“No matter what club you go to pre-season is going to be hard. It’s about how much players can get away with or whether they can hold the standard every day.

“He makes sure we do that every day of the pre-season. That’s what makes training under him so hard, there are no days off.”

Get ready for cricket like never before. FREE Sport HD + Entertainment until the first 4K cricket ball as part of 3 months free on a 12 month plan. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.