NRL NRL Naughty chair

The worst part is, people telling others how offended they should be about racist remarks said towards them.
Everyone's got a different background, even people from the same race. If you've grown up with a lot of racial abuse or insults about your sexuality certain phrases can be a trigger.
So if someone gets called a “peanut” they can complain if their dad died of a peanut allergy?

Get a fucking grip. The pandering to people’s sensitivities is raising a generation of people who are incapable of living in the real world.

so to recap

• Only individuals can determine what’s offensive to them
  • Banter isn’t to be banned
  • Players can find any word offensive
  • Any term that’s considered derogatory shall result in a >8 game ban.
Fuck I’m glad you guys are barely in charge of your own lives.

Lol this missed the mark completely but hei aha, I dont think a Warriors fan forum was ever going to be the place for a critical race theory break through.

so to recap

• Only individuals can determine what’s offensive to them
  • Banter isn’t to be banned
  • Players can find any word offensive
  • Any term that’s considered derogatory shall result in a >8 game ban.
Fuck I’m glad you guys are barely in charge of your own lives.
It’s up to the nrl to decide if there’s a case to answer. Montoya’s situation likely only came about because the microphone picked it up but this one is on complaints that may no have any recording to verify it? With the likes of Latrell Mitchell publicly referencing it, it’s likely something will happen whether there’s recorded evidence or not

It’s up to the nrl to decide if there’s a case to answer. Montoya’s situation likely only came about because the microphone picked it up but this one is on complaints that may no have any recording to verify it? With the likes of Latrell Mitchell publicly referencing it, it’s likely something will happen whether there’s recorded evidence or not
I suspect, without recorded evidence, Leniu will get a suspension but it will be less than what Montoya received because it's only based on the word of the players. There will also most likely be announced that Leniu would have gotten longer if there had been a recording and that the NRL doesn't find racist comments acceptable at any level.

Roosters prop Spencer Leniu was involved in a second verbal altercation with Ezra Mam back at the team hotel following their heated exchange at Allegiant Stadium on Sunday.

It came after a post-game interview in which Leniu asked for exactly that.

“Just a little bit of banter on the field,” he described the alleged racial slur to Nine, in a Sunday interview aired on Monday’s bulletin.

“Whatever he (Mam) wants to do with it, he can come and see me after if he wants.

“I don’t know. It was all just fun and games on the field, a bit of banter. If they want to do anything, we’re staying in the same hotel, so I’m right there.”

Brisbane players were confronted by Leniu only hours after the incident, with Kotoni Staggs and lock Pat Carrigan standing in between a second tirade aimed at Mam back at the team hotel.

The Broncos and Roosters squads were situated on the same floor of their Vegas hotel, with their respective team dining areas approximately 50 metres apart.

Mam, Carrigan and Staggs were returning to their rooms at Resorts World after the entire Broncos squad gathered for dinner at the hotel.

As they were walking back to their rooms, they reportedly ran into Leniu who was angry at Mam for not leaving the incident on the field.

Leniu reportedly first made a beeline for Staggs, who was walking slightly ahead of Mam and Carrigan. It is understood the pair exchanged words, although at no stage was there a physical altercation.

This could make it worse the fact he couldn’t let it go and more later on

I have no issue with Monty’s ban. I was mad at him for saying it. We all know that term is unacceptable and there’s no general usage in conversations

Lol this missed the mark completely but hei aha, I dont think a Warriors fan forum was ever going to be the place for a critical race theory break through.
Haha that’s what people on here are saying though?

It’s not for others to tell people what they find offensive. Um actually yeah it is. Otherwise we have a whole group of people “triggered” by random bullshit.

Half a season for calling someone a monkey? that's bananas ...
What could be a factor is the meeting up later on and the continuation of it later on. He’s called for JWH to meet him in the parking lot later after their drama a while back and the nrl might decide they want to knock that on the head more than anything that’s occurred. Suspect there might be some course he’s put through to go his ban?

Haha that’s what people on here are saying though?

It’s not for others to tell people what they find offensive. Um actually yeah it is. Otherwise we have a whole group of people “triggered” by random bullshit.

Yeah, i don't feel the need to police other people's feelings, if they say they feel that way then I believe they do.

And then I tend to keep it moving unless what someone says is problematic and then il chime in.

My stance on the matter is simple racism is cooked, it exists and it upsets people.

Happy to die on this hill 😂

Meh I’m not particularly impressed with sledging either, to me it shows a level of insecurity that you need to get personal rather than let your ability do the talking.
If you don’t back up the sledging with performance what you lost the game but at least you made a player upset?
High level take I can respect. That’s meta IQ, either no sledging, or everything aside from derogatory swear words.

Interesting for some context and don’t think there’s any objection to respecting referees but the article talks about the South African hooker calling a pommy player a white cunt to which no evidence was found and nothing to answer, whether no recording saved him or not isn’t clear like it could be a factor for Leniu?

Interesting for some context and don’t think there’s any objection to respecting referees but the article talks about the South African hooker calling a pommy player a white cunt to which no evidence was found and nothing to answer, whether no recording saved him or not isn’t clear like it could be a factor for Leniu?
I'm sure Pommy is a slur in todays world! 🤣

Back