Internationals General Kiwis News

Dumb dumb dumb. Not a single reasonable fact in there. No kiwi deserves a helping hand. The role is for the best coach I couldn’t care if he was from France England etc. I don’t see any kiwi coach better than Maguire atm. The guy hasn’t even had a full cycle to prepare for a World Cup. Why change in a shorter window when he’s already established a good culture? We were one 1st tackle play away from making the final. He deserves another shot.

I don’t get this whole nz coach bs. That method has done nothing to turn the tide and it won’t until the game in nz develops its own elite pathways. While that doesn’t exist you might as well have the best available professionals.

Bad take I reckon. Not quite time for Stacey
Just an opinion but not very well thought out.. unfortunately some people will buy into it it.

Just like some reporters opinions on politics people will believe that as fact too..

Reactions: Blackdot
This could be the year where Origin allows players from Tier 1 nations to play Origin. Even Fittler is considering having guys like Kris and Radley, he does not see a problem.

Reactions: Cces
While the present Kiwi setup is pretty healthy in terms of playing strength, this could open the door for present Origin stars choosing New Zealand. People who have grown up in Oz will probably be given the greenlight initially. This World Cup did bring up some contentious selections like Kris and Radley, hopefully this will sort some of this out.

Im worried that if we open the origin door we will never come back from it nationally. Relying on essentially heritage players I believe will kill the game at home. We need to develop our own game and creat proffesional pathways. Unfortunately the Australian system has left us for dead and while temporarily it would be good for us we would essentially be doing what Samoa and Tonga are doing now.

Reactions: the borg
Would much rather watch a test series than origin.. seen a heap of origin games since the first one in 1980. But nothing beats the international game.
I reckon the comp should stop for 3wks in June and like union the northern hemisphere test teams should come down for some test matches.. the Aussies can then play their origin if they like or participate in the tests.
I bet that would cause a stink...

Im worried that if we open the origin door we will never come back from it nationally. Relying on essentially heritage players I believe will kill the game at home. We need to develop our own game and creat proffesional pathways. Unfortunately the Australian system has left us for dead and while temporarily it would be good for us we would essentially be doing what Samoa and Tonga are doing now.
I agree we do need to sort out our pathways for youth and have a pro comp sorted out. Kiwis in origin would probably make Dylan Walker eligible for the Kiwis for a start. The Maori All Stars includes origin players. It may only really mean four Kiwis on each team, may not make a huge difference in the first year.

Reactions: Brother Faisal